PDA

View Full Version : The Cost of Dressing

PamelaHowit
11-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Since starting as a CD I have spent Thousands of £ (uk) any old suit does for work but in femme mode i must have class clothes. Just spent £ 280.00 on a gown for a party next week. I'll still need new heels to match. I love shopping with my partner as she helps with what looks good. Do you folks spend a lot per month?

Piora
11-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Sadly, no. I simply cannot afford it. I usually shop bargains and second-hand clothing outlets.....and even that I only do on occasion.

PamelaHowit
11-25-2011, 07:06 PM
Thankfully I have a decent job which pays reasonable. But even lingerie costs a fortune.

docrobbysherry
11-25-2011, 07:08 PM
Like Piora, I prefer to spend the big bucks on; silicone, wigs, foundation pieces, corsets, and shoes!

Cost of my silicone female suit- over $1,000!

Seeing myself as a naked female in the mirror- PRICELESS!

Renee W
11-25-2011, 07:19 PM
I am operating in budget mode. Spent too much on lingerie and wigs after coming out to my wife, so all of my clothes are being made by me. So far I have made 4 dresses (not bad for 2 weeks) and total cost for all 4 is less than $30.00>

PamelaHowit
11-25-2011, 07:23 PM
My partner has expensive taste and unfortunately this has passed on to me. Were both into Burlesque and like all things accessories cost!!

VioletJourney
11-25-2011, 07:24 PM
I haven't bought anything recently. I usually don't; and all I can see myself buying in the future is more shoes, I don't fully dress hardly at all anymore.

PamelaHowit
11-25-2011, 07:25 PM
Bought this little number last week and wore it to a swingers party.
http://i55.tinypic.com/slka4k.jpg

Karren H
11-25-2011, 07:36 PM
I typically spend $2 to $3 thousand a year on my hobby... Corsets aint cheap ya know! Lol.

PamelaHowit
11-25-2011, 07:43 PM
I typically spend $2 to $3 thousand a year on my hobby... Corsets aint cheap ya know! Lol.

Not got round to that one yet. Have a couple of corsolettes and girdles.

Alice Torn
11-25-2011, 07:59 PM
I would guesstimate, that i spend close to $200.oo a year on dressing. Mostly at second hand stores, and Ebay good deals. As the world economy implodes, I won't be spending much, unless a real bargain.

Cynthia Anne
11-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Money is tight here in my woods but lately I've been spending more on makeup then on clothes!

geri-tg.
11-25-2011, 08:22 PM
I don't want to think about how much I spend. I have a full wardrobe here in Fl. and another in N.C.. At last count I have about 36 pair of heels alone. I still need more.:D

CarlaWestin
11-25-2011, 08:23 PM
I spend money like a moron. But, this ain't model trains, Honey!

Stefanie_in_Mt
11-25-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm spending more now that I'm free to do so. those heels are spendy but I'm pretty good with money, I'll have to budget what I spend. I'm figuring around $2000.00 this next year.

Karren H
11-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Not got round to that one yet. Have a couple of corsolettes and girdles.

You will be amazed how nice a good coprset feels! I wear one almost 24/7..... I truley gives you a fem hourglass figure.

My partner has expensive taste and unfortunately this has passed on to me. Were both into Burlesque and like all things accessories cost!!

I have expensive taste too and spend way more a year on playing ice hockey than I do crossdressing.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
11-25-2011, 09:05 PM
I spend as little as I can. U know: corset, bra, panties, nylons, wig, breastforms, make-up, nails, hair styles, dresses, jeans, tops, shoes, OMG
Male mode: shorts (nah), muscle tops ( nah); shoes (nah); make-up (nah); hair (nah); work clothes ( yearly); boots(yearly)

Hell, this CDing is certainly a costly exercise.
THEN
if one wants to transition: Therapists, medicines, Psychiatrists, SRS, Facial feminisation, hair reduction
Like tens of thousands damn I could buy some damn good machinery with that money huh

Maria in heels
11-25-2011, 11:08 PM
I spend every month on shoes..good thing that my wife doesn't go crazy on me...she is so understanding.......

sissystephanie
11-25-2011, 11:14 PM
I rarely shop anymore, because I have so many clothes and shoes now that I have no room to put anymore! In addition, my income has been reduced some so I don't have the money. With what I do have in the way of clothes I really don't need anymore!

Risque_Christine
11-25-2011, 11:29 PM
Christine is very much a binge shopper and can go months without buying anything. And then she lands in Neiman Marcus last call on a special sale day, buys a few dresses or skirts, walks down to Nine West, Cole Hahn, Victoria's Secret, J. Crew and drops a little more and by the time she is done it is time to file for Chapter 7. Still, how great is it to walk into someplace and have the host/hostess ask "Hey girl, what are you wearing tonight?"

jillleanne
11-26-2011, 07:41 AM
I don't think about how much I spend, I suppose because I just buy it when I see it if I want it. Alot of times I will carry something around the store with me only to put it back. I do think about how much I spent on things I purged years ago however. How stupid! And I want those shoes back!!!!!!!!!! lol

susan54
11-26-2011, 08:09 AM
I like nice clothes in male or female mode but rarely buy male ones. I probably spend £300-400 a month on womenswear - I have a few favorite shops - mainly local boutiques but also Phase Eight, Hobbs and East. I love brands like Ghost, Sylvia Heise, Oska, Avoca, Terry Macey, Day Birger & Mikkelsen, Doris Streich, Out of Xile, Joyce Ridings and Olars Ulla - and they don't come cheap. I almost always buy in sales, and in these shops the prices can be as low as 10% of the original. So it can actually be cheaper to buy this exceptional quality than in the High Street. I was beginning to wind down a bit - I thought I could splash out one one really nice top in my favourite boutique - a lime/teal wool one by Two Danes at full price £91. That would have been me for the month, but they told me they were having a wardrobe sale for their best customers - basically we bring things in to sell, we name the price, and they take a third. I was £240 lighter after the sale, but I got a lot of very high quality stuff for that, including a Didier Parakian skirt for a tenner and a beautiful teal Tutta Natura coat for £35, both as new. Unfortunately the wonderfully tailored Karen Millen skirt suit for £45 was too small.

I do buy things from M&S and Debenhams and recently bought two Gok Wan dresses from Sainsbury but wearing the good stuff makes you feel much better because you look much better - the higher quality material moves better for a start. And women envy my wardrobe - I know because they tell me.

The other aspect a lot of cross-dressers (ad a lot of women) overlook is the value fo a really good dressmaker. Mine can make a jacket EXACTLY to suit my body, and makes alterations to my clothes to make them fit me better - this can make a huge difference.

So having fantastic clothes isn't just a question of money - it is spending the money effectively.

noeleena
11-26-2011, 08:24 AM
Hi,

Not been buying any new clothes for a very long while , tho i do buy second hand & make my clothes for two groups im involved in plus i have more than enough .

& that came about because i knew what i needed, & was at the time able to buy new , ,Any clothes that dont quite fit i redo them to suit my body shape , & i have a budget that i stay with in , running a house hold has to come first then food & normal liveing expences .

my nomal day to day clothes are still nice & nice to wear look after them they last .tho i would like some more head wear scarves ,& thats about it,

...noeleena...

alexmarie
11-26-2011, 08:32 AM
Years ago I use to spend alot when I had my own business.Right now I am trying to sell alot of my dresses that I do not ware anymore to make room for new outfits

Imeni
11-26-2011, 08:36 AM
Eh. It's hard for me to honestly quote a number. Not... alot. I haven't actually bought anything new in awhile but, I'm also an extremely avid video game player and this time of year is when all the high end big games come out. Case in point, yesterday I dropped about 230.00 on... 6-8 different games. Ones that I need to complete collections previously started to new ones that are just freaking amazing. When it gets warmer, and the game releases die off, there might be more. It's hard for me as I don't really have ALOT of money to do much. Anything new are just old clothes my friends my size are giving me, including an old wedding dress, two bridesmaid dresses and a handful of smaller things. =3

Teri Ray
11-26-2011, 09:24 AM
I probably spend more than I need to. I seem to know what I like cause I have often purchased duplicates of tops and skirts shoes ect. Being a crossdresser is not cheap. I do shope thrift stores also

Vieja
11-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Being short fat and old I realize that no amount of gilding the lily will make me presentable so I have no incentive to spend.

Vieja

girlygirly
11-26-2011, 12:20 PM
The cost of dressing these days is just the cost of buying clothes. I don't own or wear mens clothing, other than a couple suits and dress shirts for weddings and funerals. I don't try to pass, I just wear ladies clothing. I can go out looking perfectly normal as a guy, or push it to the point where most ladies and some guys would quickly realize I'm not in guy clothing.

Dressing in ladies clothing is generally cheaper. I buy a lot of jeans and that kind of stuff in thrift stores, and ladies clothing is easy to find on sale. Ladies shoes are no more than mens in most cases, and I don't spend a fortune on high heels or anything I wouldn't wear very often. I also have so much more sexy and pretty underwear that I ever had while dressing in guy clothes, and not having clean undies to wear is a very distant memory.

bridget thronton
11-26-2011, 12:31 PM
I am a bargain hunter and get most of my clothes 70% off so about $1000 a year on clothes (sadly about the same on jewelry)

Vanessa Storrs
11-26-2011, 03:32 PM
I am afraid to think of the money I spend on girlie things.
I am afraid to think of the money I spend on camera stuff.
I am afraid to think of how much money I have at the end of the month.

I am not afraid to think of the enjoyment I get from dressing.
It is money well spent.

suzy1
11-26-2011, 03:49 PM

Now come on Karren, do away with the corsets and start the sit ups/ crunches.
10 years from now and you will have the figure of your dreams girl.

And think of all the money you will be saving on corsets.

Suzy giving advice here!

Jackiefl
11-26-2011, 05:31 PM
I probably spend $1200 a year on mani and pedi and eyebrow waxing alone.lol Then add the cost of cloths omg i may have to get a second job!

Chloe75
11-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Wow, I'm trying not to spend too much; usually about $200 per year.

erintemp
11-26-2011, 05:48 PM
I never thought of keeping tabs on how much I spend on girly things, but the last month or so I've spent about $800. Karren is rite corsets aint cheep and their my new fav.

Shiny
11-26-2011, 08:36 PM
It has been said that if you have a "hobby" any hobby, no matter how obscure or niche-market or even unknown there is always someone or some business out there willing to sell you what you need, and willing to provide far more than you can ever afford! No limits!

Totally. The Cost Of Dressing? Don't get me started! Paaaleeese! Well, let's see, 54 minus 6 equals 48. 48 years! I became aware of my "hobby" at 6 and didn't act upon it until the summer of my 10th year. I bought my first pair of pantyhose, with wrinkled paper money and some change with a red face and shaky hand---even though I tossed the "Leggs" egg into the shopping cart along with my other food. So obvious! Hee hee! Like the kid in American Graffitti who was underage and went into a liquor store. the guy behind the counter asks what the young man wants. He replies: "Unngghh, yeah. I'll take the comb, some of those fuzzy dice, some pipe cleaners, some of that gum and oh yeah, a pint of Canadian Club! Buzzzzzzzzz! WRONG! Of course that's how I felt, totally. I was 16 by then, offering to go grocery shopping for "mom" just to help her out!
That's 38 years ago now, when that first pair of pantyhose started it, moneywise. I'd "borrowed" a few errant pairs before from the trash bag and rewashed them having to put up with the total blow-out runs until I could get another pair. I would then match up the good legs of both, no matter what color and continue on. But the older I got the taller I got and soon the nylons didn't fit anymore. Maybe that was my impetus. But I was still red faced at the counter. The pantyhose were out of this world however! Brand spankin' new, no runs and enough material for someone another 6 inches taller than I was! Pretty cool. But that was only the first three-bucks of my hobby!

Ah, 38 years! A two grand road trip to the big and "anonymous" city where if I got laughed at or red faced who cared? I knew I'd never see that lady behind the counter or anyone in the store ever again! And in the big-city they used to have some really stellar---and expensive lingerie and department stores!! And I had expensive, but not rediculous tastes. And then, the years went buy. Another trip, a few "money-order" catalog orders mailed out and then the internet! And Ebay!! Now it truly was no limit. I still remember one evening over too many glasses of wine when I'd finally been able to quench my craving for those vintage, nylon chiffon baby-doll nighties from the 50's and 60's! I ended up going wild and by the time I was done that evening I'd won nearly all the bids, and, had dropped $800 bucks on a nylon overdose! That didn't help the hang-over the next day, or my credit card balance! The next week and nearly every night for the next two weeks one by one these Fed-Ex boxes started arriving at my door every night like clockwork. It was the nightgown of the day club! INSANE!

And my collection is still growing! The only solution? Build an addition or get a bigger house! the enticements are endless, the sales, the fashions, the Ebay vintage, the new shoes, makeup, jewelry and that pricy purse you just have to have to match an outfit! That's just the way it goes I guess. But I will say that had I saved every penny I ever spent on women's clothes and put it in a cookie jar---for the past 38 years not counting any interest? I could have bought a really nice new car--or a modest ranch home with attached garage! Yeah, pretty unbelievable!!

Tina B.
11-27-2011, 09:31 AM
I spend a lot less on my "hobby" than the average golfer spends a year on his hobby, at least I don't have to pay greens fees. I shop on rare occasion anymore, I never throw anything out, and the closets are over flowing already, so a couple new blouses in the summer, a new sweater or long skirt in the fall, just fill in things you know. make up as needed, I really don't experiment that much with new stuff any more, and every couple of years a new wig or two.
Tina B.

Lyric
11-27-2011, 01:33 PM
This reminds me of something I jotted down while recently watching the TV show "Secret Diary of a Call Girl" on DVD. At one point Belle says "You know, I worked it out once. It costs me twenty grand a year to be a girl." That's British pounds, but in US dollars it's about $31,500. I suppose she was buying a lot of designer fashions at the priciest stores.

My mom raised me to be a great bargain hunter and I have to say I spend a fraction of that, myself. The main thing is to aim for clothes that will transcend the fashion seasons, keeping the more trendy stuff to a minimum. I don't believe in paying full retail for anything. I shop the outlet stores, vintage shops, thrift stores and watch the biggies for super specials. Online I have no problem with buying clothes on eBay and most online retailers have clearance sections with great deals.

There used to be great game-ish show on the Style channel called "The Look for Less" in which a viewer and a designer would be given a photo of a runway fashion, then hit a mall to put the look together in an hour with only $100 or so. I like to play a variation of that game myself online or, if going out, in one afternoon. I can always come in under budget, too.

Lyric

Shelly67
11-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Thursday evening last week , my wife and I tidied out Shellys clothing drawers .
I was horrified . the amout of clothing I've obtained over the last 4 - 5 yrs . All that money ..... then theres the make up , the wigs - the shoes !
Dare I suggest for everyone to look thru theyre own drawers and cupboards - you'll be surprised for sure .

freeindress
11-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Probably spent a few thousands in my beginner CD years with lots of pink fog about 10 years ago. Most of it was purged near the end of a bad relationship. Then I rebuilt a more useful wardrobe spending a few tens each year on mostly second hand from eBay.

dilane
11-27-2011, 05:35 PM
I usually buy my things on sale. I go shopping en-femme so it's easy and fun to browse through the racks at Macy's.

I just got this dress (http://www.dillards.com/product/Marina-Beaded-Lace-Dress_301_-1_301_502683325) for $91 (which is more than I usually pay), but it's amazing "on" as we girls say.

michelle50
12-05-2011, 10:13 AM
it ani;t cheap to be a beutyfull girl. lol

carnut62
12-05-2011, 11:58 AM
I spent pretty much $0 for the last year and dressed about 0 times. My clothes are dated and I want to dress. I am going to update my style and so I'm going to pickup 3-4 wigs off ebay, leggings, dresses, skirts, shapewear with some padding, jacket, boots if I can find some in my size, gotta get some tights and pantyhose also :)

I remember 4-5 years ago there was a red&white Christmas time sale at goodwill basically anything with red or white in it was 75% off. I went to 4 stores and spent about $150 for probably $4000 retail in clothes, that was an awesome day. I ended up purging it all :eek: :brolleyes: :Angry3: I kick myself every time I think about that.

I used to go to department stores, goodwills and all kinds of places on my lunch break. I probably was spending $80/month back then.

Tabitha.

johanna.kitten
12-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Hey, I don't think it is that an expensive hobby, one can mix some more inexpensive items with lables and then still get away with it. Currently I spend perhaps £1k a month, which is not much I know but then again I do get things from my GG friends. I used to have a previous life when one piece could set me back £3-5k and I thought nothing of it as I at the time had way more expensive hobbies to maintain.

I do still love Versace, Zilli, Bernini and all that jazz, but now I'm off to Bangkok in a few days and will go to my favorite tailor, an understanding one.

Stephanie47
12-05-2011, 12:49 PM
It all depends on what's available at retail. Sometimes I do not buy anything for months. Sometimes I go overboard. If I were a true female I'd have a compulsive shopping disorder. I end buying more than I could actually wear. When it would take three months to wear all your dresses and not duplicate any, then you got too many. The same with my compulsion- full slips.

johanna.kitten
12-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Thing is, I tend to spend more en femme as I think it is wworth it. Some 90% or what I got is womans as I still do have to put up with mens at work whn we got customers in or other muppets. But it is soo cool, I got it in my contract than I can wear whatewer I like as long as it it smart. But I don't wear womens when I have customers or video conference calls. Most of the time I kinda underdress in combination with mixing. But I am happy to say that I can rock up in a dress if I what to if approrirate. Ant I a am the head of information tech at a major company. Cool eh? It is all in my contract, I made sure. i was atill worried last Friday when I let them all know about it nad also about a past, that might not belong here at the mo.

//Johanna

Miranda-E
12-05-2011, 04:13 PM
10 years ago I decided to make my clothes to save money.
4 sewing machines, 2 sergers, 3 dressforms 2 cutting tables and a steam generator later, I'm not even at the break-even point :eek:

johanna.kitten
12-05-2011, 04:18 PM
10 years ago I decided to make my clothes to save money.
4 sewing machines, 2 sergers, 3 dressforms 2 cutting tables and a steam generator later I'm not even at the break-even point :eek:

Cool as f*** I did that in my teens, I made chlothes for both me an my current gf, most of them looked the same, actually I had some of them produced in Hong Kong later on.

/Johanna

Emma Leigh
12-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Like with many of you ,money is tight, I buy virtually everything from internet auction sites, some of the stuff is virtually for nothing, only problem is you cant try it on, or in most cases return it if it does,nt fit, but I have been pretty lucky so far, my last bargain was a pair of new strappy 5 inch heels for 99p, thats about a dollar to those across the pond

windycissy
12-05-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm very frugal, part of the fun of being a woman for me is shopping for bargains, just like any working girl...the only big splurges have been on my wig, my silicone breastforms, and a Jones New York trenchcoat that I've worn everywhere and had forever, otherwise it's shopping the sales and drugstore cosmetics for me, and I'm happy as a clam when I get a super deal on a new dress or shoes

Launa
12-05-2011, 06:32 PM
I spent about 2000 to 2500 on clothes and stuff this past year. It was great, I got a lot of stuff but theres more things to still buy. I'm really going to give it the gas in the new year and get complete!
The costly thing for me is going out. My wife doesn't want me dressed at home and then going out the door. So Halloween we got a hotel for 300 bucks taxes inc. Drinks, cab rides, tips and good Starbucks coffees the next day was about 600+ for the night. That was the costly part!!

KylieA
12-05-2011, 08:11 PM
My guess is $1700 so far this year. I wear woman's jeans and shoes in boy mode, so I'm not sure they should count. My guess is I will spend a bunch more over the next few months.

I spend more on other hobbies. My worst is computers, I spend $5000-10,000 a year on computers/internet/software. I spent more on learning to fly, and photography.

Samantha_Smile
12-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Less than £200 a year.
Could even be less than £100.
I dont spend too much time dressed, so when I get something, I tend to get what I think will look good for a few or even many years.
My fiance picked me out an outfit in primark last week that's really on trend, so only time will tell how long I wear it for... looking forward to finding out :D

Trish
12-06-2011, 07:20 AM
I would not even try to guess, what I have spent on fem clothes and accessories over the years. My wife actually would have me spending more than I already have.

Shelly67
12-06-2011, 09:30 AM
With regards to the thread and all our lifestyles .....I suppose if you think of it "hobbies" of other sorts cost a fortune to keep up too . I don't generally consider crossdressing a hobby - its become a part of me totally . But it gives enjoyment , perhaps in a similar manner sometimes .
Think about it . I bet theres been a few times we've all felt a wee pang of guilt for our spending no matter what the purchase . We all seem to chase something to keep us entertained ....
I adore cycling . Mountain biking ( cept theres no mountains round here ) isn't cheap . The upkeep for worn out bits sometimes just doesn't make sense in regards to the cost a brand new bike . I love restoring them , but have given up due to the expense. Before as a youngster it was rock concerts ...... oh my , how many bands have I seen .... well seen bits of the concert cos I like many of the audience participated in " headbanging " lol. The things we do .....as a youngster . Bit pointless now .
In pursuit of enjoyment , theres many things that cost - theres golf for one . Oh my life - now that sport is way over priced . The clothes ( ridiculous as they may seem to some ) the green fee's , the bats and balls even cost a mortgage . I won't mention fishing ( angling) as I regard it as equally over priced . What about football too ( soccer to some) a season ticket to go watch a game , the travel fee's , food , beer .
Its all money .......
Considering this , I've realised although women are thrifty , careful with money and buy only on occasion , the day to day cost of vital personel things must really weigh up . Think of the beauty routine - cleansing , make up ect . I try to buy as cheap as possible ( took sometime to find out just what product works for me personally and that REALLY cost thru time and error ) via ebay . But , pop into a shop - my god the prices of that foundation , fave lippy - its enough to make one take up a sport ...... !
All in all , the whole package of being a transvestite , t girl , whatever the title is , it's certainly a costly " hobbie " .
But , since when was a hobby so addictive , so relaxing , enthralling and enlightening ........ but more than anything..... so misunderstood ?

And yet - so very very popular .

Four !!!!!

Vieja
12-06-2011, 09:58 AM
I don't think I spend a lot but it does seem to add up. And I recently gave a lot of stuff to a goodwill type agency so now I can start buying more.

Vieja

Calleona
12-06-2011, 03:20 PM
For me,buying clothes for Ellen is about quality and current fashion rather than cost . I want to be able to blend in and the only way I can feel confident enough to do this is by wearing the current trend in camoflage . I have always had a passion for Pinafores and duffel coats but thankfully these are things that never really go out . I would buy cheap Man clothes in order to spend a little more on Ellens wardrobe .

sometimes_miss
12-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Well, a few weeks ago I washed a pen in with my laundry, and it ink stained a lot of my girl clothes. So I spent a few hundred on amazon replacing them. Does that count? Otherwise, no, usually I have all the clothes I want.

FrillyShelly
12-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Are you kidding ?? I've spent a fortune & it's worth every cent !!

I'm an absolute sucker for a pretty dress.....

Dana7
12-06-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm a real bargain hunter. I can find blouses, shoes, skirts, and jewelry at yard sales for as little as .50 each. That makes my budget go a long way. I recently went to a yard sale and for five bucks walked away with a box full of beautiful lingerie that was probably worth several hundred new and fit both me and my SO. I love thrift stores too. You know fashion is seasonal and one gal's trash is another gal's treasure. I have found the cutest skirts and blouses there. And dresses galore.

About three years ago when I started my relationship with my SO I cleaned out the closets and purged all my dresses, skirts and blouses. I only kept my underthings because the SO was ok with panties and the bras and stuff didn't occupy much space. About twenty garbage bags of clothes went to donations. I shudder to think of it. But since then, I have largely replaced it all with stuff I've found at the thrift stores and yard sales. Estate sales are great, you can find some very elegant items there for cheap. And some of my stuff is not-too-shabby!

I also buy from ebay and find lots of great buys there. This year's Halloween outfit came from ebay, and I dressed it up with stuff from yard sales and thrift store purchases. You can see it here: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?163024-Halloween-Dancing-and-Out-on-the-Town!&highlight=

All told, the majority of my expense comes from undergarments, forms and the occasional hairpiece, which has become fairly rare. I probably spent less than $500 replacing my wardrobe.

A girl doesn't have to spend a lot to look good. She just has to be resourceful. :)

April_Ligeia
12-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Like Dana, I find a lot of great stuff.at thrift stores. I haven't had that much luck at garage sales, I'm jealous! There are a couple of good thrift stores by me, and I have bought stuff to the point that I have become really picky. I love it.

Ellyn
12-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Aw Com'on. You have "the dress" and a camera, so let us see it "on".

fantasybabexoxo
12-06-2011, 10:51 PM
I've been doing some online shopping (mostly window shopping) for dresses, bras, panties, stockings, shapewear, makeup, accessories, a wig, and of course some fantastic heels... etc. Its going to cost me $500 or more to get everything I want but its totally worth it. I will finally be living on my own soon and I cant wait to get fully dressed for the first time. I'm so excited :)