PDA

View Full Version : Things our kids say!

cdsara
11-26-2011, 04:25 PM
The other day I was playing with my 4 year old daughter and she said Daddy I wish you were a girl so we could both dress up like a princess!
I said I wish so also.
To bad I dont have a princess dress that would fit me!

CassieV
11-26-2011, 04:42 PM
My toddler just giggles and says look daddy's dressed nice! We haven't imposed rigid gender roles on him so as far as he's concerned it's normal. He always demands to have his toes done when I'm doing mine.

Rachel Morley
11-26-2011, 04:48 PM
OMG .. what a little darling she is! I can just see you two now .. playing "tea sets" in your pink princess dresses together. All very innocent and much much a parent and child bonding thing IMHO. :)

cdsara
11-27-2011, 04:23 PM
plus my 1 year old son gets dressed up by my daughter all the time and hes thinks its fun.

Rachel Flowers
11-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Yep. Kids get it. Dressing up is fun, and boy/girl is not a terribly useful taxonomy until you come to procreation. We teach them that skirts/blouses/dresses/nylons are for women and trousers/jeans/shirts/jackets are for everybody. Gender-specific clothing is not natural.

retrofitme
11-27-2011, 04:29 PM
The other day my 4 yr old daughter (who is very girly - princess, pink pink pink stuff, etc) insisted on painting my toenails. So naturally, I let her. The strange thing was - it wasn't a 'CDing' moment for me - it was a 'connect with my daughter' moment.

Rachel Flowers
11-27-2011, 04:32 PM
Absolutely! That is exactly the way it should be! CDing shouldn't be a strange thing that we "do", clothes are just clothes and we should be able to wear whatever makes us happy.

Joann Smith
11-27-2011, 05:38 PM
Had an interesting thing happen after thanksgiving dinner thursday...It was right after we had all eaten desert and the grandkids were bouncing off the walls.... sugar drunk ! The adults were all sitting around chit chatting and rubbing thier bellies. My 21 year old daughter pulled out all of her old barbies and sat on the end of the sofa and played with the youngest grandchild ....she is 2 years ....The 2 year old too took the only ken doll in the pile and put a dress on it and held it up in the air and said look its grand daddy....

I was floored....My 21 year old whos know about Joann fell back on the sofa and busted a gut....I think the wife laughed so hard she may have wet herself a bit ...naturally the rest of the room saw the look on my face and those two carring on and they started laughing ...it was crazy. all i could do was laugh too!

The wife and daugher both know about Joann ....But none of us ever though any of the grandkids had a clue let lone the 2 year old.

Joann

GBJoker
11-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Do not worry, tgsara, for you are not alone. Most of us would like to have a princess dress that fit us.