PDA

View Full Version : new member has a question!

LaceThighs
10-22-2005, 06:37 PM
hello i am new to this site and i would like to start off asking what was your first place you went outside the house when you were dressed up as a female? i want to take my dressing up to the next level but i am nervous about it you could say but i still have that weird crazy feeling inside me that wants to try it:) i would like to dress up with someone that is the same as me but unfortunatly i dont know anyone personally that CD's! so i was thinking of going to a well known gay bar in minneapolis MN and giving that a first run but i want some of your opinions first before i make a decision to do so?

Holly
10-22-2005, 06:45 PM
First of all, Lace, welcome to the forum! Wow are you in luck! With Halloween coming up, you should have all kinds of opportunities to go out enfemme. You may want to post something in the intro section if you haven't as yet. And, If you're comfortable, maybe something in the personals section of this forum may find you someone nearby to share your crossdressing with. Don't deny your girl... let her out, if that's what she wants!

LaceThighs
10-22-2005, 07:09 PM
First of all, Lace, welcome to the forum! Wow are you in luck! With Halloween coming up, you should have all kinds of opportunities to go out enfemme. You may want to post something in the intro section if you haven't as yet. And, If you're comfortable, maybe something in the personals section of this forum may find you someone nearby to share your crossdressing with. Don't deny your girl... let her out, if that's what she wants!

thanks for your reply:) i have posted in the intro, and personals to begin with i dont expect to find someone right away but perhaps in time once you all get to know me;) i am deciding on some pics to post on here and hope to get them up in the near future.

Kayla Smith
10-22-2005, 07:12 PM
Hi Lace,:)

My first place that I went dressed enfemme, was actually last Saturday night(in Denver) and I went to my first TRI-ESS meeting(with my wife). The meeting was held at an upscale resturant, there were 65 members that showed up for the meeting and in the meeting room next to the one, where the TRI-ESS meeting was being held, there was a wedding party. All I can say is that, my first time out enfemme was an incredible experience, with halloween coming up you should have no problems going out and hey even if it wasn't halloween, if you have the urge to go out. Go for it:thumbsup: .
As far as the nervous part, I think that is just a natural feeling in any new situation.

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Welcome Lace!

A lot of girls do it in baby steps. Taking a late night drive is a good first step (just be sure to take along a "boy bag" with a change of clothes, make-up remover, etc.) With Halloween, it's a great time to go and interact with people, since it doesn't really matter if you blend in well or not.

Gay bars are usually safe environments, although just be aware the gays and lesbians may cordial but not overly friendly -- since your neither's idea of a potential date.

It's actually easier to go out in daylight in a crowded area (for example, Fisherman's Wharf here in SF). People are preoccupied and generally not paying a lot of attention -- which is why pickpockets love these places too. Wearing sunglasses gives you a bit of psychic armor, plus with sunglasses and wig, you're almost impossible to recognize.

A couple of tips for going out. I don't know how you dress now, but you'll probably be happy if you dress to blend in with the crowd, so it's worth doing a bit of field observation first to see what GGs of a similar age and background are wearing wherever you're headed. The first times you go out, you'll probably be nervous, which will draw people's attention so you'll get read more. The good news is that once you realize getting read isn't the end of the world, you'll start relaxing -- and in turn won't get read as much. If you're out at night, think in terms of safety the same way a GG would.

Anyway, if you're interested I'd urge you to do it, it's a big world outside the closet.

KatieZ
10-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Gay bars are not always accepting of crossdressers although most are. It would be a good idea to call first and inquire if they are tg/cd friendly.

Also check for local CD support groups in your area. A lot of metropolitan cities have groups that meet a couple times a month. And quite often the local girls know where to go after the meeting is over. I have been to a resturant and a club with girls from my group. It is an hour drive each way to get there but well worth it.

Hugs

jenny c
10-23-2005, 04:25 AM
I agree with Katie local support groups are a great start on the road to going out in public many of the groups in the UK where i live very often meet at least once a month and also organise social events, Many of the girls who go these groups usually go on to Tg friendly bars and restuarants after the meetings.

ChrissyCrossedLegs
10-23-2005, 06:23 AM
I'm with Darla, again.. this is getting repeatative..... anyways..
never done the 'boy bag' thing though.. maybe I'm just thick but it never dawned me to do so.. still don't...
KatieZ - amen too.. our town here in the UK has Massive gay pressence, at least 7 bars just for the gay com... but only one of them is known to be TG friendly.
What ever you choose Lace, have a ball and TAKE SOME PICS!! lol
SammyJo

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-23-2005, 12:35 PM
never done the 'boy bag' thing though.. maybe I'm just thick but it never dawned me to do so.. still don't...

It didn't dawn on me at first either, but started doing it after reading an account from a girl whose car broke down while out en femme and had to call a tow truck.