PDA

View Full Version : Bra Lines

Jacqui
10-22-2005, 08:08 PM
Last weekend I was on a business trip and had the opportunity to sleep in panties, bra and camisole while in my hotel room.

Unlike GG's who take their bras off when they go to bed,
I kept mine on to hold in my girls. And it felt soooo good sleeping with them! This was the longest period of time that I had worn a bra.

When I woke up and stepped into the shower, I noticed that I had really deep bra lines. I took a hot, steamy shower, and when I was done, they were still there.

Later in the day, I was invited to someone's house for an early dinner. There was a pool, and being a very hot day (90's), I was asked if I wanted to go in for a dip.
All I could think about was revealing my bra lines and have someone say, "Ya know, it looks like you were wearing a bra!"

So I had to decline even though I really wanted to go into the water and cool off.
At the time, I didn't think to go into the bathroom and check to see if they were still there, so I made up and excuse and declined.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else?
How do you get rid of the lines if you really need to?

Jacqui

Davinarobo
10-22-2005, 09:24 PM
Well Jacqui, like you I always sleep in my bra and breasts, could your bra be too small? You could try to loosen the straps. Short of buying a new bra you can get bra extenders for the back and with a needle and thread sew an extension onto the back of the straps. Good luck Davina.

Lauren_T
10-22-2005, 10:06 PM
...you could always say, "Oh, those? I have to wear one of those 'posture helpers' from time-to-time."

Jenny Beth
10-22-2005, 10:14 PM
You might want to try a full figure bra. They tend to have wider straps and would not leave such visible marks.

uknowhoo
10-22-2005, 10:26 PM
Well, at least you know what notto wear to bed the night before your next Dr. appointment.:o If the lines are that deep, your bra probably is a bit too small. Even so, by late afternoon they had probably vanished (usually no more than a coupla hours for me). Hugs, Tammi

LindaTS
10-25-2005, 09:11 AM
I wear a bra almost 24/7, only taking it off for a doc appointment. I take it off early enough for the lines not to show. One day I had an appointment with a physical therapist. I've seen him quite often for the same thing, shoulder problems. Wouldn't you know it, he wanted my shirt off to look at the muscles in the back. Bra lines? Oh yeah, big time. He never said a word.

Barbara Beaulieu
10-25-2005, 10:09 AM
I was wondering how long you have bra lines. If I've been wearing my bra with forms for about 4 hrs I'll have lines for about 6 hrs. I'm a 40 D and it's the correct size for me. Do we all have the same amount of time or are others faster in losing the lines?

Tamara Croft
10-25-2005, 10:35 AM
Bra lines occur when they are too tight. Not only do they leave lines, but wrong fitting bras can be dangerous. You should loosen the straps and if that doesn't work, buy a bigger size. Now you should know that tight fitting bras do not cause cancer, but they can help cancer growth since they can prevent your body from excreting dangerous cancer-causing chemicals.

For more information, please read this: - 'How bras are linked to breast cancer' (http://www.007b.com/bras_breast_cancer.php)

Billijo49504
10-25-2005, 11:55 AM
I also get the lines around the cups and along the sides. I was fitted in the store, so it's probably the right size. A while back, I had a bra on overnight and didn't have to go to work, so I wasn't in any hurry to take it off. The phone rang, it was the Dr.s office. I needed to come in right away for a EKG. You know, shirt off, pads on the boobs and on your side and some on the ankles. The nurse had to see the lines, but never said a thing. And I actually fill out my 38C bras, without any padding. She just went about her test as if she never noticed.

tammie
10-25-2005, 12:15 PM
Hi All: one of my fav things to do when watching Cinemax at night is flip thru the adult films and look at the women. I am old fashioned I guess but I find real breasts much more appealing than those ridiculous looking implants so many women R getting. The next thing I am aware of is how seldom U see bra lines on the women's bodies. Only rarely do U see them. Now I know from about 36yrs of sexual experience with women that almost every woman will have marks on her from her bra when U take it off, so what they must do is dress just before the shoot so that they don't have time to get marks on them. I am not at all put off by seeing bra marks on a woman. I also don't understand why they always wear such cheap trashy looking lingerie in most films.

Jacqui
10-25-2005, 09:45 PM
... wrong fitting bras can be dangerous. You should loosen the straps and if that doesn't work, buy a bigger size. Now you should know that tight fitting bras do not cause cancer, but they can help cancer growth since they can prevent your body from excreting dangerous cancer-causing chemicals.

For more information, please read this: - 'How bras are linked to breast cancer' (http://www.007b.com/bras_breast_cancer.php)

Tamara, YIKES!

It looks like I'll have to wait for Valentine's Day, get up the nerve, go into Victoria's Secret, and get my wife, er, I mean myself, a larger size.

Although it leaves lines when it's on awhile, I love the feel of a tight bra because it keeps everything "together." I can imagine that for a GG, a little looseness wouldn't hurt because the girls are gonna stay put, whereas for me, I wouldn't want to make a big splash with a water balloon that slips out and splatters on the oak floor!

Anyway, I'll take your advice and thanks, I think it's important for everyone to realize that.

Jacqui

Andrea's Lynne
10-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Jacqui

A properly fitting bikini top should help to cover up you bra lines when you go for a dip:eek: :o

Lynne

Kim E
10-25-2005, 10:56 PM
I used to have the same problem. Some time ago I tried a Loveable brand front closure underwire bra with stretchy straps. I can fill a 38 C cup naturally and I need the support. The straps allow freedom of movement while doing housework etc without the straps digging in. Haven't had any marks since. Thats the only brand and style I wear now. But I'm sure there are others.

Kim