PDA

View Full Version : HRT Question: All Good So Far

Koka
11-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Hello !

I am on my 2 month of HRT so far so good. My fears of healthy risks are dissolving all thanks to the work of my therapist. She is absolutely great!!

I wanted to ask the following: Lately, I have been noticing a metal taste in my mouth as if I am chewing on a penny, it stays the whole day and I am suspecting is the estrogen in my body that has started to raise, I have also noticed I am sweating at night a lot and i have mild headaches. I am sure my body is adjusting to the meds but I was wondering if any of you have experienced something similar, especially at the beginning of your HRT.

Glad to be in this forum, all people here are very nice and helpful.

Have a great night !!:battingeyelashes:

StaceyJane
11-28-2011, 05:30 PM
A few months after I started HRT I had a really bad migraine and my doc wanted to watch me to see if my estrogen dose needed to be lowered. I know I didn't want that and luckly I haven't had any migraines since.

The metalic taste is something you should mention to your doc.

Koka
11-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Thank you for your reply Stacey! I hope this metallic taste is not related to anything bad that could force me to stop HRT. I don't want to stop, because if I stop! I know I won't be coming back. I will call doctor again tomorrow, I called her this morning but she still has not called back. As per the mild headache I am sure it could be the strogen, I on the patch and no even one whole patch, doctor started me on 3/4 of a patch.

Thanks again!

Traci Elizabeth
11-29-2011, 01:34 AM
Hello !

I am on my 2 month of HRT so far so good. My fears of healthy risks are dissolving all thanks to the work of my therapist. She is absolutely great!!

I wanted to ask the following: Lately, I have been noticing a metal taste in my mouth as if I am chewing on a penny, it stays the whole day and I am suspecting is the estrogen in my body that has started to raise, I have also noticed I am sweating at night a lot and i have mild headaches. I am sure my body is adjusting to the meds but I was wondering if any of you have experienced something similar, especially at the beginning of your HRT.

Glad to be in this forum, all people here are very nice and helpful.

Have a great night !!:battingeyelashes:

Gee, I never saw a metallic penny. Mine where always copper composite LOL. I have been on HRT for two years now and that has never happen to me either. I would recommend you tell your doctor about that too. I do know some other meds I have taken have given me that metallic taste but not HRT.

Badtranny
11-29-2011, 02:18 AM
Thank you for your reply Stacey! I hope this metallic taste is not related to anything bad that could force me to stop HRT. I don't want to stop, because if I stop! I know I won't be coming back. I will call doctor again tomorrow, I called her this morning but she still has not called back. As per the mild headache I am sure it could be the strogen, I on the patch and no even one whole patch, doctor started me on 3/4 of a patch.

3/4 of a patch? My doc has me on 2 patches twice a week along with Medroxyprogesterone. I guess he's got me juiced up! ;-) Are you taking anything else? I don't recall ever having a metallic taste in my mouth, and I'm on month 16.

I do think your whole experience so far has been very cute. Maybe your body is so well tuned and low fat that every little thing has a side effect of sorts.

abigailf
11-29-2011, 08:37 AM
I have had mild headaches as well I also recall having flu like aches and pains during the first two weeks. I do recall something about a metalic taste, either I experienced it or I was told to expect it. Although I just checked my journals and there is no mention of a metalic taste.

Aprilrain
11-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Hi Koka, I think you are WAY over thinking this whole thing. Badtranny might be on to something! (for once : P) I have heard of people who were so healthy that any change in diet, exercise, or even a medication seriously affected them. Maybe its placebo effect, maybe they are just that sensitive. When I started HRT I was self prescribing. I was hyper sensitive to any little thing that I felt or that actually happened to me for instance about a week after starting I broke out in a skin rash! I thought for sure it was an allergic reaction to the medications so I quit and saw a dermatologist. She called it dermatitis which is latin for "I have no idea what the hell is wrong with your skin" and she prescribed some antibiotics. I started the HRT again and once I finished the course of antibiotics the rash went away. I have not had any other problems since.

Koka
11-29-2011, 06:23 PM
Hi April

I love you girl you def have a free spirit ( no wonder you are a pilot!!! - that explains it all) - Anyway, I do also have my little free spirit but I think as you said, i might be over thinking it. I am super aware of every little thing.. Today I was teaching my students about awareness in their yoga practice and the necessity to be compassionate with themselves and their own bodies; as I was teaching that, in my mind, I was yelling it that to myself!!!. I usually teach the students to put their ego aside and practice with the understanding that everybody is different and for one person, doing a forward bend can be extremely difficult and for another can be the easiest thing and that does not mean that the first person's body is faulty, it only means is different. In my case, I am finally coming to the conclusion that my body is different and therefore can not expect it to react like others.

Thank you again for your light. I am sure I will overcome this and become freer of my fears. Lately I have been thinking that I could just masquerading my true fear which is the new world that awaits me. I know I want it, but I feel like a kid that is afraid to step in to school for the first time in her life.

Namaste!

morgan pure
11-30-2011, 08:17 PM
Sudden hormone level changes always have effects. Sweating not uncommon with Estrogen. Occasional increased heartbeat. Mild rush. Never experienced metallic taste, but who knows. All senses effected. HRT is a big deal and needs to be taken seriously.

Katesback
11-30-2011, 09:08 PM
OMG your the only other person I have met that has had the taste in the mouth experience. For me it was a recurring taste of the estrogen that would crop up a number of times durring the day. This happend a lot over the first couple months when I started but then totally went away.

Katie

Leigh58
12-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Hi!
I'm a GG, but your comment about a metallic taste caught my attention. I remember from an old pregnancy book I used to have that a metallic taste in early pregnancy was experienced by some women even before they knew they were pregnant. Never happened to me, but it could be that some people react to the changes in hormone levels in this way. Just a thought...