PDA

View Full Version : Sad News

ReneeT
11-29-2011, 07:38 AM
We all know that the suicide rate is much higher among the transgender population, and it has hit close to home. One of our sisters, a good friend of mine, has take her own life. Very sad......

suzy1
11-29-2011, 07:54 AM
I am shocked and saddened by this awful news.

Thank you Renee.

Julia_in_Pa
11-29-2011, 08:00 AM
Renee,

This is horrible. :O(

My transition almost took me out twice.

I've just read statistical data pointing to an over 50 % rate of attempted suicide amongst our community.

Any percentage is appalling but this high a rate is absolutely disgusting.

It' not the clothes or pink fog that you see CD'rs speak of but hardcore reality of transitioning that kills the person.

May your friend walk in peace in the sunlight of next life Renne.

Julia

Longing2be-Trisha
11-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Renee my heart goes out to you and your friends family!:cry: NO one should feel that much despair and loneliness to end ones life!:weep:

HERE IS A BIG BIG HUG FOR YOU AND A SHOULDER TO CRY ON!

Melody Moore
11-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Renee, I am so sorry to hear this, my heart goes out to you,knowing any other trans sister has lost
her life is very hard, even for me, and now I am choking back on more tears just to hear this. :hugs:

Just last week I was on a rescue mission to help a close friend who lives in Sydney and was going through
the same thing. However luckily through my large network of trans friends, we were able to get help to her
and give her the support she needed. My friend went and spent a couple of days relaxing and unwinding at
another friend's place while also meeting with mental health support workers who have been successful in
getting her onto the right medications. Within no time she has bounced back up and getting out and enjoying
her life again. She posted some photos on Facebook the other day where she went out and spend a wonderful
day just walking around the city and enjoying life. So that is really great and very relieving to see. I would also
really hate to get this type of tragic news about my friend because she is such a beautiful soul.

So while this is very tragic, its a good reminder that we should always reach out to a brother or sister in their time of need. :hugs:

Dana7
11-29-2011, 10:23 AM
My prayers for your comfort and for the comfort of her family in this time of loss.

arbon
11-29-2011, 10:30 AM
I am very sorry to hear this.

*Vanessa*
11-29-2011, 10:33 AM
this is very sad news _/l\_
my condolences.

Zenith
11-29-2011, 10:35 AM
My condolences. I don't know what to say except I certainly understand the feeling. I still think about this. GID and the baggage that comes with it can be overwhelming.

Diane Elizabeth
11-29-2011, 11:38 AM
I would like to add my condolences as well.

Sheila11
11-29-2011, 12:39 PM
I pray:

Comfort for her family and friends in this time of loss,
Hope for you who suffer her absense,
peace to see you through the day,
and love to carry you on without her.

Starling
11-29-2011, 12:52 PM
That's awful, Renee. What a waste.

Lallie

PaulaAnn
11-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Renee;I'm so sorry to hear this ;my prayers and condolences to you and the family.
Paula.

Traci Elizabeth
11-29-2011, 01:13 PM
I too do not know what to say. But yes there are far too many suicides with our sisters and brothers. One is too many. If you knew any of her family you might be able to offer some comforting words during this very sad time.

boardpuppy
11-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Renee, I would like to also express my condolences to yourself and your friends family. I don't beleive there is any reson for these feeling to go so far, without intervenion, as to cause this sort of tragity.
Alice

gabimartini
11-29-2011, 01:54 PM
This is very sad. May she rest in peace.

AllieSF
11-29-2011, 02:47 PM
My heart and condolences go out to you and your friend and her family. I lost a friend a couple of years ago. The official report was that she passed away due to natural causes. But, my gut feeling leads me to believe otherwise. She suffered a lot from loss of family, work, physical and emotional issues as she tried to continue her transition. Now, as your friend, she is in a much happier place.

Koka
11-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Renee,

I am so sorry to hear that. My prayers to you and your friend's family. Our sister is resting in peace and I am sure her sould is working from beyond to help other brothers and sisters going through difficult times.

Namaste,

Victoria StJohn
11-29-2011, 05:17 PM
Renee, my heart and condolences go out to you and your friend's family. I'll be thinking of you, hoping all goes well in the coming days.:rose2:

Kimberly Long
11-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Rennee, I am sorry for your loss. I did not know her but I will include her and you in my prayers.
Love Kimberly

Alyla
11-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Renne,

My heart goes out to you. Having myself lost an important person in my life to suicide; I empathize with you. It took me along time to accept the loss, and I will never understand that action by one to do harm to themselves. There are more important dragons to slay. My condolences are offered sincerly. I hope you find your way through these times. My thoughts and white light are sent to you as I type. Hang on to your ability to love.

peace and love
Alyla

Robin Lee
11-29-2011, 06:25 PM
My heart goes out to you and your friends family. Thank goodness for the support of all on this site.
Best Wishes
Robin Lee

Launa
11-29-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm sorry to hear this. Sometimes the world can feel like a cruel place for us transgendered people. Everybody judges us so much.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
11-29-2011, 09:42 PM
A sincere and heart felt sorrow is felt when someone close passes on. It is so very sad that life can be so unfair and within this short life one can be subjected to problems that shred the soul void of any desire for more and the only way to relieve it is to end it. So very sad, but so very real.

May she rest in peace and enjoy the garden of peace and tranquility. It shows the vulnerability of our emotions and sometimes the call for help is muffled by our desire not to tell anymore. Condolences to you Renee, so saddened by this.

Beth-Lock
11-30-2011, 03:32 AM
Please accept my condolences Renee.

Suicide is so prevalent among our sisters and there is an additional risk if you are a senior. Both myself and a senior friend also transitioning, have had recent near death experiences, so this strikes very close to home.

Here the healthcare authorities are moving slowly to provide more services for the trans community, but in my opinion it is too little, too late. Attempts to start a trans clinic in our city, failed, because no regular doctor, (family/GP physician), of the very many here, could be found to provide support. It remains virtually impossible to find a regular psychiatrist here in Ontario, Canada too.

I tried so hard to find one for a friend a few years ago, and although she did not have trans problems, the derisory temporary care she eventually got was not enough, and she committed suiicide, though to save face, the factor of doubt was exaggerated and her death was pronounced to be by natural causes. After she died, I went to the parking garage to look around her car, and found she still had her suicide kit in the back seat. I have created a sort of memorial altar to her memory at my place, and I still love and miss her. Sometimes too, I go to her church and light a candle for her. It is cold comfort. Losimg a friend this way is so hard. Even the suicide of a distant stranger hurts too - in my case I think especially of Sydney Glennie and still visit her slideshow on YouTube.

This has got to stop!

Kelsy
11-30-2011, 06:46 AM
This is so very sad! I'm very sorry Renee.
I can only imagine the depth of despair your friend must have been going through.
We all have experienced deep sadness and many never mention just how close to the edge we can become. Somtimes it feels like the
hopelessness is unbearable. A kind word, an open hand of friendship. and a smile can be the difference someone needs and then
there is a desperation and a loneliness that cannot be overcome. Prayers for the family

K

donnalee
11-30-2011, 07:34 AM
Oh Renee, how awful! My heartfelt condolences to you and her other loved ones. Those thoughts come at our lowest point, when we are exhausted from the daily battle to survive with some kind of dignity and feel friendless and alone. The thought that a kind word or act at a crucial time might have saved her and helped her avoid this final act must be haunting you and everyone who knew her as as family or as a friend. What a waste!

Patrice_CD
11-30-2011, 07:48 AM
My sincerest condolences Renee with your loss.

ReneeT
11-30-2011, 09:02 AM
Thank you for all the kind thoughts and words. We truly have a caring community here. I spoke with my friend this morning, and she is having a rough time. She definately needs our prayers.

Annaliese
11-30-2011, 09:59 AM
After reading this post I find my self crying, I do not know this person but I am still crying because we are a family here and one of our family has left us. Renee my heart go out to her family and to you.

Beth-Lock
11-30-2011, 10:36 AM
The thought that a kind word or act at a crucial time might have saved her and helped her avoid this final act must be haunting you and everyone who knew her as as family or as a friend.

Unfortunately it can also be too deep-rooted or impulsive, and our best efforts along those lines will fail. At any rate, we must not torture ourselves with such speculations. Perhaps prayer and meditation on the good things in life, and in their lives, is the best response at times like this.

Laura Evans
11-30-2011, 05:29 PM
Renee, so sad to hear. My condolences to you and her family and friends. Transitioning is a difficult and challenging journey.

SuzanneBender
12-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Renee,

My heart goes out to you and my prayers to your friends and her family. Suicide is such a tough topic and so difficult in our community. The loss of a brother or sister reverberates with all of us. First we wonder if there was something more we could do to save them. Then we start applying their situation to ours which typically results in one of two possible patterns of thought. In the worst case we see similarities in our situation and begin to question if their choice could be applicable to us. In the best case we see the useless waste and pain caused by their senseless death and we affirm that it we will never take that path and help others to stay away from it.

I have met very few in our community that when totally honest could say that they have never faced these thoughts themselves. We deal with rejection of our authentic selves everyday and all too often the burden becomes difficult to carry. That is the reason why friendships and communities like ours are so very important. Its nice to have safe loving friends to go to for an accepting hug and affirmation.

MLD that video is spot on! It provides some great techniques to use when those close to us begin to show the signs of suicide. The worst thing we can do is the easy thing and dismiss those signs. We need to ask the hard questions and be their for those we care about. This becomes even more important during this time of the year.

Love

Suzanne

LisaM
12-02-2011, 01:38 PM
I am so sorry, Renee. I hope and pray we get to a time where anyone in that position can reach out and find the help they need.