PDA

View Full Version : writing

Sophora
11-29-2011, 09:42 PM
I know this is a weird topic but it came out at work a few weeks ago. I was told by a very supportive coworker that I need start writing a girl. I was very stunned by this comment. I know that in the grand scheme it isn't that important or is it?

Kelly DeWinter
11-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Hi Sophora,

Did you mean 'writing as a girl" ? or "writing to" a girl ? it's a bit confusing.

Katesback
11-29-2011, 11:00 PM
If there is such a thing it is not something I ever gave any thought about. Hmmm.

Niya W
11-29-2011, 11:01 PM
I was thinking the same thing.

Sophora
11-29-2011, 11:19 PM
Hi Sophora,

Did you mean 'writing as a girl" ? or "writing to" a girl ? it's a bit confusing.

writing as a girl. sorry.

Aprilrain
11-29-2011, 11:25 PM
good luck with that, Its true male handwriting is different than female handwriting. I have half heartedly tried to round out my letters a bit and write neater though I had pretty good handwriting to begin with....... as long as Im not jittery from 2 cups of coffee!

Zenith
11-30-2011, 04:06 AM
Just put hearts on top of all your "i"s...voila' !

noeleena
11-30-2011, 04:11 AM
Hi,

Yes there is quite a difference in how you present your self & writeing is no exception.
Tho many dont think there is i see it a lot on many forums,

Now for us who have Dyslexia its quite a lot harder, & my learning over the last 5 years had tested my self to the limits to the point of closeing down the computer & being on forums,to giveing it all up.

For my self i see lots of those differences in how things are writen the way its said / writen, & the personality does come through & words we use. in different context meaning & how we would say them ,

Its there to understand more so as a woman. yet again another difference between men & woman.

Now i wont say i pick it up every time or detail it depends on the person & as we write letter's or email & sometimes how we start a letter & end is a detail i see, i dont just mean the style of writeing ,
Because most of my letters are email form . like we see here.

yes it is importaint because how i write to men is very different from my women friends & those on forums .
How i express my self as a woman & talk with them is very different than with men.

...noeleena...

Beth-Lock
11-30-2011, 04:16 AM
This is a good example of the interesting details of transitioning that most are not particularly aware of. I too try and round out my handwring and be neater, when I write a note on a card, or for some other special occasion. I still write badly all the rest of the time, so i guess I need to try harder,

Starling
11-30-2011, 04:19 AM
I've been using a computer so long, I've forgotten how to write.

:) Lallie

Aprilrain
11-30-2011, 07:39 AM
Just put hearts on top of all your "i"s...voila' !

or little flowers! Awwww!

Frances
11-30-2011, 07:57 AM
Is there an app for that? I rarely handwrite anything.

Kaitlyn Michele
11-30-2011, 08:15 AM
i have a slightly different view..

transition is really really hard..

focus on what matters.. how you write doesn't matter... if somebody comments on lousy handwriting...just say "i should have been a doctor"

Julia_in_Pa
11-30-2011, 09:11 AM
This is actually something that I practiced and practiced.

I found examples of typical female writing on the internet and emulated it.

My handwriting because of it is very female like with much looping of letters, numbers, etc.

Julia

arbon
11-30-2011, 11:41 AM
My hand writing is horrible! It is probably worse then most 7 year olds, that is what it looks like! It does not look male, or female, or probably even human lol

I go to a women's meeting every week, and there is almost always a card being passed around for someone for some occasion that every one writes their good wishes to that person in. My writing in the cards is usually limited to "Happy Birthday" or "Get well soon" or something very short and signed my name. it is the best i can do, and I am always conscious of others around me watching me struggle just to write that little bit. I compare it to the content (everyone else seems to be able to say a lot more, and are able to express themselves so well!) and how legible everyone else's writing is and I kind of cringe. :sad:

Hi,

to the point of closeing down the computer & being on forums,to giveing it all up.

I struggle a lot with it to. It takes me a long time to write, even on the computer. I have to go back through it several times and rearrange the words which usually are not typed out in the order I thought I was thinking them!

Rianna Humble
11-30-2011, 06:34 PM
if somebody comments on lousy handwriting...just say "i should have been a doctor"

My handwriting is so bad that even I cannot read it, and my comment is similar in vein to yours:

"I've got the brain-surgeon's handwriting down pat, now I just need to concentrate on the little details like several years medical training :heehee:"