PDA

View Full Version : Name's ?

ChrissyCrossedLegs
10-15-2005, 05:17 AM
Hiya all
Thought I might start one off, and it's something that facinates me really, but that I hardly ever hear anyone talk about. (if there is a thread here already about this please forgive me)

Q.1: Why the fem name that you have?
My A: Samantha is the name my parents would have given me had I been born a girl. Joanne is a name that I seemed to attract as a young man, went out with a string of them, even up to the point of meeting the wife. So I put the two together.

Q.2: Now be honest.. how many people, (TS girls wont need to answer this) write posts here while dressed totally male, and go to sign the post with their male name, or at least almost do?
A: I have almost sent the thing once already.. and on another site I actually did.. sharp editing needed.
Hugz to all
SammyJo

Julie York
10-15-2005, 05:23 AM
Hi SammyJo.
It's an interesting question but you might find it doesn't get a huge response as it's been asked recently. However, there have been a lot of folk who joined since then and they can leap right in.

Julie....Because I like it.
York...because I am near there.

:thumbsup:

Faye Emmette
10-15-2005, 06:17 AM
I grew up in love with Emma Peel. The producers named her M. Appeal, as in man appeal.
I feel so relaxed and comfy when I'm effeminate so F. Emmette for me.

Q2. Well never totally male dressed, but either way, it's Faye for me as that's who I feel I am.

Sandra H
10-15-2005, 06:26 AM
Hi Sammy Jo.

I choice Sandra because it sounded nice and fem to me and if I was born a girl I would have liked to have been named Sandra, knowing my luck I would have been named Barbara or Freda. Not that Barbara or Freda is such a bad name if any Barbara’s or Freda’s are reading.

Sandra, as they say, “when in a hole, stop digging”. LOL

I can honestly say that when I am on the forum this or any other I always sign as Sandra. Maybe I have been Sandra for so long she really is part of me.

Take care.

bredalee25
10-15-2005, 08:08 AM
hi Sammy Jo. I chose my name brenda because it would of been my given name if i were born a girl and luv is just one that popped in my head when joining tranny web sounded nice together my middle name is Lee by the way it too was to be if i were born a girl Brenda lee luv sounds nice to me. question #2 I can't dress all the time because GG doesn't know i'm doing this again but i always sign hugs and kisses brenda its my signature it always goes on automatically here but when on tranny web i always sign brenda cause thar's who i am inside where it counts i just need to change the outside to match

bredalee25
10-15-2005, 08:09 AM
bredalee is a misspell of brenda lee but it looked and sounded nice so i kept it

vicky V
10-15-2005, 08:14 AM
I just thought it sounded feminine and sexy.

I think it is fantastic that this forum has so many new members.

It really makes one feel as though they fit in

love,

vicky v

urban gypsy
10-15-2005, 09:16 AM
Hi Sammy
Joanna after a girl I had a crush on in school who took ballet classes and was so elegant in her stature.
Pain due to the trails tribulations and pain that cross dressing has caused me over the years.

TGMarla
10-15-2005, 09:24 AM
There are sooooo many names, it seems a shame to settle on any one. But I called myself Elena for a long time. When I went brunette from blonde, I felt that a name change was in order. I chose Marla, and moved Elena to a middle name. So I chose Marla Elena because it's feminine and soft, like me. It's too bad we can't choose our names in our "real" lives. I'll be there are quite a few people, men and women, who really hate their given names, and would choose another if possible.

I like "Marla Elena". It's so..........so ME! :)

Stephanie Kay
10-15-2005, 09:45 AM

Q.2: Now be honest.. how many people, (TS girls wont need to answer this) [B]write posts here while dressed totally male, and go to sign the post with their male name

Q1: I am Stephanie, the feminine form of Stephen, my given name at birth. I use Stephanie now because I love it (I use Kay because my real last name begins with K) and I can get mail delivered to Steph K***** and the mailman will just think it's my male name shortened, and not necessarily feminized.

Q2: Never. When I am here at the Forum I am always Stephanie in my mind, no matter how I am dressed. Also could be because I use Steve for most of my en drab correspondance.

I'm new here! Thanks for the question!

DeniseNY
10-15-2005, 09:49 AM
I use Denise because that is the name of my first unrequited love (I'm sort of a romantic like that), and Wilson is actually after Mary Wilson of the Supremes. My middle name, Marie, is just because...

MandyTS
10-15-2005, 09:56 AM
I guess I am partly excluded from the pole but...

1. Mandy - I really don't know, I have always sort of knew that was my name, never really wanted to be called anyone else.

Middle name - Still open, needs to start with E, Elane is high on the list

2. I am a girl, what do you mean?

Cassandra Marie
10-15-2005, 10:31 AM
I chose Cassandra for several reasons. The first reason is I feel that it's a very pretty female name. Second, I just love the way it rolls off the tongue. Third, a soap opera that I used to watch many years ago had a character named Cassandra and I thought that she was incredibly feminine and so totally gorgeous. Finally fourth, when I began dressing with my wife, (now ex-wife) and she saw me for the first time she told me that I was very elegant looking and oh so pretty. When she asked me about my feminine name and I told her it was Cassandra, just the way she said, "Oh sweetie, what a very pretty name that is and so very feminine," it just totally made me melt. I can still picture her and see her at that very moment in time and it always makes me feel elegant and pretty. She said it in such a feminine and classy way that it burned itself into my memory forever. I've actually given a lot of thought and consideration to having my name changed to Cassandra legally. I think that the only thing stopping me from doing it right now is my financial situation and I honestly believe that when my ca$h cri$i$ is over I may just go ahead and do it.

Kisses,

Sissy Cassandra

Shannon
10-15-2005, 11:12 AM
Selecting "Shannon" for my name is not straightforward. I've always been attracted to redheads and when I bought a wig for the first time, I went red. I never thought much about a name, until the first time I was with a GG en femme. She asked "What do I call you?" and the name "Shannon" popped into my head -- it seemed like a good name for a redhead. So I told her "My name is Shannon."

Back in the 1990s, there was an On-Line service called Prodigy. There was a really active CD bulletin board there. There, I was "Tatiana", or simply "Tia" for short. Does another here remember Prodigy? Were you on the CD bulletin board there?

Reading this other posts, I'm thinking I need a middle name and perhaps a last name too. I've always liked the name Anneka, but I don't think it goes well with Shannon. I'll need to do some more thinking on that one.

Tammietoo
10-15-2005, 11:26 AM
I'm probably one of the few that didn't put a ton of thought into my fem name, I was always changing it....usually some with something starting with a "D" because of my male name. But then I just came across Tammie as it was completely different.

As for posting or signing, I've never thought of anything other than Tammie as that's my mindset when I'm here or fe-mailing.

gennee
10-15-2005, 12:38 PM
I choose Genevieve because I like the name. I shortened it to Gennee (pronounced Jenny). :D

Gennee:)

Wendy me
10-15-2005, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=SammyJoUK]Hiya all
Thought I might start one off, and it's something that facinates me really, but that I hardly ever hear anyone talk about. (if there is a thread here already about this please forgive me)

my name wendy was given to me by a gg at a halloween party years ago i was dressed like a biker bitch ....from then on i liked wendy and keept the name....

Q.2: Now be honest.. how many people, (TS girls wont need to answer this) [B]write posts here while dressed totally male, and go to sign the post with their male name, or at least almost do?

well i never come here with out being dressed even if it's just something simple.... and "he" is not allowed to use the coumpter....

Skirtboy
10-15-2005, 08:25 PM
i don't often have a fem personality, so I only have the name I was born with. Although I do sometimes like to pretend I'm a girl online. I go as Emily, Amelia, or Coleen.

jessi girl
10-16-2005, 12:12 AM
i chose "jessi" after a gf i dated a few years ago. she was so adorable,beautiful, i mean, beautiful starry green eyes.i added girl, well, cuz thats what i wanted to be , thus-jessi girl. i never mistake my name when im dressed.soon as the first leg passes thru the panty***woooosh* jessi girl!

robinLynn
10-16-2005, 12:25 AM
i chose robinlynn because it would have been my name had i been a girl.

Celia
10-16-2005, 01:01 AM
I picked mine from a baby-names web site, under the category of Shakespearean Names, after a character in As You Like It. Really, I just liked the sound of the name. And, no, no matter how drab I am at a given moment, I don't break persona to the extent of signing my boy-mode name where people know me as Celia. I enjoy my chosen name almost more than the clothing.:)

-Celia

classicgreysuit
10-16-2005, 02:35 AM
Sammy Jo,

I'm Sarah because it was the name my wife and I decided we would call a daughter had we had one - we've got 2 boys. It sounded so feminine and couldnt really be shortened (dont know why that was important at the time!).

Actually I've never signed using my male name - probably because i dont chat in male guise at all

Sarah
xxx

Sophie_A
10-16-2005, 02:59 AM
I sometimes come on when at work so am dressed as him, but i always sign sophie, i am usually more in danger of signing work emails/docs as sophie than i am signing the wrong name here.

I think the old philosophy thing is slightly wrong and should be changed to : the more i am the more i need to be.

stevie h
10-16-2005, 09:02 AM
Like Stephanie above I use Stevie. I prefer this as it reflects that girl next door that i really am. also i love stevie nicks.

stevie xx

ps stephanie is nice as well.

Jodi Lynn
10-16-2005, 12:56 PM
I picked Jodi because that is the name I want to give a girl if we had had one, but I did drop the 'e' off the end because I think it gives the name a bit of mistery. As for Lynn I thing the it sounds good with Jodi and I wanted a name the started with 'L' to match my real last name.

Hugs and kisses, Jodi Lynn

CJasmine
10-16-2005, 02:10 PM
My "femme" name is Christine Jasmine

Christine - is a femme version of my real name "Chris"
and Jasmine is my favorite Disney princess. Back a few years ago I was on IRC chat, and my handle was PJasmine (Princess Jasmine), so I just changed the P to a C and left it at that.

Sabrina Flowers
10-18-2005, 04:14 PM
Ans 1. I picked my "first" name from the Charlies Angel, who I sort of had a early teenage crush on. And the "surname" came from the the anagram of a close school friend who passed away from cancer a number of years ago and is my way of keeping her memory with me.

Sabrina.

vic76
10-23-2005, 06:05 AM
First of all hi. I'm a new GG and I just want to know something my CDing Ex asked me. How did you all get your girly name? was it given to you or did you choose it?

ChrissyCrossedLegs
10-23-2005, 06:26 AM
Lots of posts here Vic on the subject, I posted something similar last week, but I think I can say with confidence that most of us picked our names ourselves.
Samantha is the name my dad was going to give me had I been a girl, and Joanne is -- well is the name of the girl I dated before I met the wife and the name of at least 5 other gf's I have had during my teens/ 20's.. so.. SammyJo
Hugz and welcome

Amelia Moxon
10-23-2005, 07:27 AM
1. I chose Amelia (I changed it from Michelle a week ago), because it sounds feminine, and traditional, I also believe it is French.

2. I am usually in drab when i post on here but I always sign with my fem name.

Hugs
Amelia xxx

Lauren_T
10-23-2005, 07:52 AM
(1) Lauren is my birth (middle) name... I never use my Christian name any more except when I have to...

and being bigendered - rather than clearly male or female...

(2) is, as the bureaucrats say on all those forms, N/A :p

paulacd
10-23-2005, 07:58 AM
I chose Paula as it's a simple femme form of my real name, Paul, and luckily I really like it as well - I've known lots of great girls called Paula and I guess that rubs off a bit when choosing a name.

As to signing the wrong name - it's pretty easy just to add one letter to my name when signing off. Most of my time on here is when I'm at work, so dressed in drab, but then it's one way to escape from the office (even if it's only in my head)!!

Paula.

Madeline_K
10-23-2005, 08:06 AM
Hiya all

Q.2: Now be honest.. how many people, (TS girls wont need to answer this) write posts here while dressed totally male, and go to sign the post with their male name, or at least almost do?

Hugz to all
SammyJo

Q.1 Madeline. It comes from the crossdressing contest I won in 2003 with my fraternity. Since then, she's become my female persona.

Q.2 I can't say that all the time I'm dressed because this computer is my roomies. Lately though I've been posting while he's been at work or been gone so I've tried to put something on whether my halter top or heels or boots to post. And I never forget to sign my female name. ;)

Madeline

eleventhdr
10-23-2005, 08:09 AM
There are many girl name's i would perfer as well as the one i did finally choose for myself NAd i still like them almost as much as rthe one i finally did choose. But I did choose this one because it is the one i perfer the very best. And simce i am a girl inside and would be outside as well had it been so that way oh well. I am Suzy Ann it is so little girlish and that's how i do feel like a lot of the time and would love to be that way as well. And i am this LG on another site indeed!. had i been born a girl it is who i do feel i truly am. I just wish circumstances were much different and i was a girl for real right now. Oh well. Anyway this is who i think and feel i really am Suzy it is perhaps somewhat far away from who my male name and self is but not to far that i can not see both sides of me my male self now. Anyway I've alway perfered it it is very girlish. i like to think so anyway. So Suzy i am. If you would like to know the other m\names i might perfer as well please do not heitate to ask i can inform on those also. Thank's Suzy Ann. oh and as a last name i might have stuck with my current last name right now or choosen Lewis as my last name as well i've kind of always liked that and there have been some very famous Lewis pei\ople in history. I think i might have had these names in past live's as well when i was born female which i have a lot more time then male. Suzy!.

Drucilla
10-23-2005, 09:25 AM
I choose "Drucilla" based on a fictional person in a book I read. The main female person was Drucilla Quinn . Based on the description of her character, she sounded just like the perfect woman to emulate. Tall, slim, smart ,cunning with drop dead good looks.

Cathleen
10-24-2005, 08:09 AM
Cathleen is the name of my female persona for several reasons:

1. It is the name my mother would have given me had I been a girl child;

2. It evokes my Irish heritage, as in W.B.Yeats' Cathleen ni Houlihan, the Old Woman who is the personification of Ireland herself;

3. It is the name my wife and I would have given to a third child had she been a girl, although it would have been in the Irish form: Caitl*n

Being new to posting (after lengthy lurking), I haven't experienced a failure to use my girl name (yet! :hmmm: ).

-- Cathy

Midnight_Minx
10-24-2005, 11:16 AM
I chose the name Vivian, due to an early age attraction to Vivian Leigh, and her portrayal of Scarlet O'Hara in Gone with the wind. Also fell in love with the outfits of that era as well. :)

As for the 2nd question, I have the reverse problem. :p I find myself sometimes going to sign my drab e-mails as I sign things here -

Luv

~Viv~