PDA

View Full Version : Christams stocking.. with a twist

Randilegs
12-02-2011, 04:10 AM
This year I decided that whatever I put up for a Christmas stocking would be comething that really showed the true me. That day I discovered a run in one of a pair of my favorite stockings. Now I had a single RHT nylon stockings with contrasting color in the seam and foot of the stocking. Since the stocking is red with a black seam, I decided to use it for my Christmas stocking!

It now hangs over the mantle and, to me, adds both a festive feeling and some "sexy" to the room.

Today, a girl friend who knows all about my CDing came over for a visit. She walked in, took one look and started to laugh so hard she had a hard time stopping! When she caught her breath, she looked at me, pointed at the stocking, and said "Perfect!"

Just thought I would share!

Randi

Melody1985
12-02-2011, 04:39 AM
Lol. Well, it's I'm glad you were able to take a negative thing like a destroyed stocking, and turn it into a positive!! Way to "run" with it..

bridget thronton
12-02-2011, 09:00 AM
That is a great idea

Marleena
12-02-2011, 09:06 AM
That is a great story Randi! I wish I could do the same, but don't want to upset the kids.lol Out of sight out of mind, you know.:)

Karren H
12-02-2011, 09:10 AM
That is a great story Randi! I wish I could do the same, but don't want to upset the kids.lol Out of sight out of mind, you know.:)

Yeah!! The only twist I'd get would be my wife twisting my head off! :(

Marleena
12-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Yeah!! The only twist I'd get would be my wife twisting my head off! :(

We need to buy her a sense of humour <--Canadian spelling. :)

monalisa
12-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Just hope someone fills your stocking.

jillleanne
12-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Ok, I think I can stop crying over the run now. Don't you just hate that??? I've destroyed more stocking with jewellry, honestly! You'd think I'd catch on to that wouldn't you? Love the idea but I'd need to build a darn fireplace. I suppose I could hang one over the wood stove. You know, if you keep all the ruined ones until each Xmas, you could make a string of them to go all the way around the room along the ceiling.