PDA

View Full Version : Coming out to my mom about my CD'ing

Vallari
09-03-2004, 09:36 PM
Hey gurls! Its been sooo long since I've been able to post here - just started college, but I'm glad to be back! Anyway, me and my mom were driving up to college and I she mentioned that she noticed me visiting crossdressing sites (snooping? :rolleyes: ). She asked me, and eventually I told her that I have been interested in CD'ing in general for a few years. I did NOT tell her that I have actually been dressing up for years. I feel better that its somewhat out in the open now between us, but I cant help but wonder if I should have told her that I actually do dress up. Im thinking its a good idea to let her know about this in stages, or bits and pieces, i guess, rather than dropping it all on her at once. I was wondering what all your opinions were on this. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks gurls! :)

bralover
09-03-2004, 09:45 PM
I told my mom one night when I was seperated from my wife. I can't remember what we were talking about but i told her the whole truth and nuttin but . She took it all in and never said yes no or anything she was supportive of me and she loved me regardless. Tell her the truth. Good luck :)

NewShy21NJmtf
09-04-2004, 12:24 AM
It sounds like you have a great mom. The fact that she was calm and didn't freak out just at the websites was a great sign I think. You should go for it, but then again, it's easy for me to say that while I still make every effort to hide it from my family and friends (except you girls).

Amelie
09-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Sounds like your half-way there. If your mom didn't flip when she found the CD sites on your comp. Then you might just be able to tell her. The next question-Do you have to tell her? If you don't have to tell her, if there's no pressing issues, then don't create a situation you might not be able to handle. This should be taken as friendly advise, but in the end you will have to decide what is the right thing to do,

Good-Luck

Love Amelie

t12117174
09-04-2004, 11:20 AM
I also came out to my mom during my separation from my (now X) wife.

She wasn't surprised (dad had caught me in sister's panties at 5yrs, Mom had found her panties in MY drawer at 16 and I always dressed a bit off from the typical guy). I think she was questioning my coming out as gay, but was instead clued into my TGishness.

I think a nice sit-down with her is OK. Could be over ice cream, or watching a movie with CD themes. "That looks like fun," "I'd do that," and "Mom, what would you think if I started wearing skirts and makeup around the house" are all phrases that can help break the ice.

Be strong, confident and honest. There is nothing to be ashamed of.

XO! -t.

Vallari
09-04-2004, 11:27 AM
Thanks for all the advice everyone! I guess I need to sit down and really think about the most practical way to go about this. Thanks again for all the help! :)

Tristen Cox
09-04-2004, 12:20 PM
Sounds like your half-way there. If your mom didn't flip when she found the CD sites on your comp. Then you might just be able to tell her. The next question-Do you have to tell her? If you don't have to tell her, if there's no pressing issues, then don't create a situation you might not be able to handle. This should be taken as friendly advise, but in the end you will have to decide what is the right thing to do,

Good-Luck

Love Amelie
As you may first and foremost want her acceptance, her first desire may be to solve it as a problem or 'cure' you. So I too wouldn't advise saying anything unless it is neccessary. Think about it until you are comfortable with your decision, that's all I'm relating here.

becky1
09-04-2004, 04:56 PM
Hi cutie

Telling my family is something that i have thought long and hard about. it sounds to me like the battle is half won with mum because she allready knows and just needs confirmation. But as has been said here before, don't tell anyone just for the sake of it as this is a biggy. Coming down the stairs all dolled up is not the way to do things, just let people know gently if that is at all possible.

My worst fear is that my brother will find out. Although i know he loves me i can't help but feel that his macho side would do the talking ( or worse ).
However as i said before i am quite happy and there is no urgent need for him to find out so i hope he doesn't.

I think mum would be prettty cool about it and probably realise that it would explain a few things as well. As they say " mum's allways know "