PDA

View Full Version : empty nest, full closet

jennylogan
12-03-2011, 07:20 AM
My wife and I are finally empty nesters. I now have the closet space for my femme wardrobe without having to share it with my wife. It's been a lifelong dream yet when my wife suddenly without a word moved all of her stuff into the bedroom she sleeps in it left me unsettled. It was a huge concession on her part because although she accepts my transgender lifestyle she does struggle with it at times. On one hand I'm thrilled to be have my own exclusive space but I'm also saddened by the way in which she did it. Guess it's the old be careful what we you wish for, it may come true. Anybody else struggle with this?

Missy Tanya
12-03-2011, 07:55 AM
I hear you loud and clear. But I'm the one pushing my wife out of our closet. Tanya's clothing collection is getting larger by the week. Funny how that happens???

Tanya

Cynthia Anne
12-03-2011, 08:19 AM
I would like to be happy for you, but I know it's hard to acept the lonelyness that you are going through! Talk with her and maybe she will reconsider! Hugs!

jillleanne
12-03-2011, 08:20 AM
My wife and I are finally empty nesters. I now have the closet space for my femme wardrobe without having to share it with my wife. It's been a lifelong dream yet when my wife suddenly without a word moved all of her stuff into the bedroom she sleeps in it left me unsettled. It was a huge concession on her part because although she accepts my transgender lifestyle she does struggle with it at times. On one hand I'm thrilled to be have my own exclusive space but I'm also saddened by the way in which she did it. Guess it's the old be careful what we you wish for, it may come true. Anybody else struggle with this?

Maybe it's a simple matter of it not being a big deal to her, or, maybe she is saying something? Why not ask her nicely?