PDA

View Full Version : Should I be wearing a bra?

RachelDee
12-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Seems like an easy/obvious question but here is why I am not sure of the answer....

Last week (in my first official department store shopping experience -- I should write about that soon) I bought an new set of A cup Bra's to 'grow into' :heehee: (I hope so anyway.... please body!) but after I got home I noted on the label that it had some FAQs.

Its obviously for teenage girls, its from M&S's Angel Range and its a 36A
(somehow I cannot imagine a teenage girl with my chest size and cup size though.... I mean..... I have a males chest size and im in my late 20's so.... really?.... anyway nvm that)
and it has a bit that says:

"Is it safe for me to wear an underwired bra?" to which the response is....
"Yes. Perfectly safe, as long as you have been developing for 2 years."

So what does this mean. That I should not wear an underwired bra for another ummm well 1 year 6 months now. Seems a bit of a long wait? :straightface:
Should I get non-wired ones until then? I like the underwired ones as they give me a bit of shape and bulk (and im in need of both), but if its going to cause some health issues or stunted growth (dont need any more of that!) then...

Aprilrain
12-03-2011, 10:52 PM
All i wear are Coobie bras. they are reasonably comfortable, no underwire, they have a bit of padding (makes me a B cup!) and cheap! I have A cups now, I will be pleasantly surprised if I get more than that from hormones. Personally even after BA I doubt I would wear an underwire bra very often except special occasions. Im 35 now and from what I hear by the time they get around to sagging I wont give hoot anymore.

here is a link. http://shopcoobie.com/

Stephenie S
12-04-2011, 01:30 PM
No, dear. No health issues. Don't worry. You are not a developing female type teenager.

As April said, underwire bras are really not necessary, but if you like them go ahead and wear them. I save them for special occasions when I want a bit more oomph.

S

Sophora
12-04-2011, 02:07 PM
I do wear underwire bras. why? Because my natural girlfriends basically yelled at me when I got bras without the underwire(saying that they were too grandma-ish). The salesladies at most places have also told me to get underwires.

but wear what you like. if it feels confortable to you wear it.

Amber99
12-04-2011, 07:36 PM
All i wear are Coobie bras. they are reasonably comfortable, no underwire, they have a bit of padding (makes me a B cup!) and cheap! I have A cups now, I will be pleasantly surprised if I get more than that from hormones. Personally even after BA I doubt I would wear an underwire bra very often except special occasions. Im 35 now and from what I hear by the time they get around to sagging I wont give hoot anymore.

here is a link. http://shopcoobie.com/

I wear something very similar, it's great.

sandra-leigh
12-04-2011, 08:04 PM
The bra that I found that happened to provide good support, was comfortable for long periods, fit well, and could accommodate a variety of forms without difficulty, happened to be under-wire.

(Of course with all those things going for it, the manufacturer sold the model to a different manufacturer, and the new manufacturer does not import the model to Canada. :sigh: )

The alternative I used, a cotton non-wired bra which provided more lift than anything else I could find (the expensive "cleavage bras" didn't help me at all), was called a "mini-camisole (http://www.amazon.com/Elita-Essentials-Crossover-Wire-free-Camisole/dp/B00008E2YS)"

I pretty much stopped using a bra since I started on HRT. As my development is mostly conical and to the side of my chest, bras tend to smooth everything out towards the center for me, leaving "not much" remaining. That was not the case when I had my spontaneous development last spring (before HRT): bras were useful then, both from a practical and visual point of view.

Sara Jessica
12-04-2011, 08:16 PM
All i wear are Coobie bras...

All I can say is that Coobie bras rule!!! :)

sanderlay
12-04-2011, 08:36 PM
I think you should listen to your body... how you feel. Be patient.

I wear one during the day and it's also a 36A... with NO forms. But in the many months I looked for a style and brand of bra my criteria was comfort... not my bust size. If it started to hurt... then I stopped wearing it and let my body have a break.

At night that bra comes off as I sleep. I let my body breathe... circulate as it wishes... desiring my girls to grow as I gently massage them.

However... I'm not on HRT. So I would listen to what your doctor recommends for you.

FYI: My bra is not under wire.

noeleena
12-05-2011, 07:00 AM
Hi,

Just take the wire out & wear the bras & if you wont the wire later on fit them back in . pretty much iv taken all the wires out of my bras & im 16 d or 41, in d,
Jos is smaller than i & i take hers out as well. so no big'e, & wear what ever suits you.

Grannys oh dear, no way, wear the pretty ones & fit them ,

...noeleena...

RachelDee
12-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Thanks for all the input :) I will just go with what feels comfortable/gives me the support/lift I need. I was just concerned it might have caused some sort of issue in terms of development, not heard anything of it before I read the label on it.

Traci Elizabeth
12-13-2011, 04:42 AM
The reason they don't want you wearing a bra with wires for the first two years is that there is a world-wide "Bra Wire" shortage of monumental proportions. In some countries, failure to comply results in a two-year term in a dungeon with only bread and water. Then there is the "Green Peace" concerns over manufacturing so many bra-wires and the effects it has on global warming.

So in the interest of good stewardship, forget everything I just wrote. And wear whatever you want!

Myojine
12-13-2011, 12:07 PM
holy crap i feel small reading this thread....
im still 32"a" D:

wbajfbwfwaa
why am i so tall but so thin DX

Aprilrain
12-13-2011, 12:25 PM
if you want to be comfortable then no you should not be wearing a bra! of course just be prepared to hold your boobs with your arm when your running down the stairs!

cara
12-14-2011, 10:11 PM
I just ordered two Coobies for the price of one, use coupon code PMBOGO.
Cara