PDA

View Full Version : Wedding.. TG.. GG.. Who's wearing a dress?

Melody1985
12-04-2011, 02:31 PM
This question is primarily for those who are not married yet, but even if you are feel free to chime in.. You may re-new vows someday, who knows.

Anyway, if you were getting married/renewing vows, would you want to have a dress, or would you go in a traditional male influenced tux? If it's neither one and something in the middle, what would it be?

I would love to go to a wedding where both are essentially "brides," at least for the ceremony. I think that would be very interesting and fun..

I'm not sure what I would do yet. But at this point I'm leaning towards a regular tuxedo. But who knows.. If my lady wanted me to wear a dress because she's wired that way, then I most likely would..

About that, if any GG's want to chime in on what they would think, that's cool too!

PretzelGirl
12-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Well, it is always a bit of a fantasy or desire for a crossdresser to go through a wedding ceremony in a bridal gown. I think it would be fun and memorable. But even as accepting as my wife is, I would have to make sure she is completely okay with it and it isn't overriding a big event. For instance, if we renewed our vows for our 25th anniversary, I am in a tux. But if we are going to just have an extra ceremony where we can both be in gowns, then I would find that acceptable as long as she is all in. Anything less and I don't want to press her.

CamilleLeon
12-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Me and my SO plan on having almost two ceremonies...the first (and main) ceremony I will be in a tux or whatever, you know traditional stuff. That'll be for friends and family and everything then we will have a second ceremony for Cami and we'll both be in dresses

Niya W
12-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Last TG wedding I went to every one put the minster was wearing a dress. She was in a skirt suit .

Melody1985
12-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Niya, that would have been very cool to see and quite unforgettable!

Camille, I definitely understand that, and I think that would be the best route.. Best of both worlds there. But I guess that's what we CD/trans people specialize in.

Sue, that also makes perfect sense. Maybe it will happen one day...

sometimes_miss
12-04-2011, 03:21 PM
As much as I'd love to be dressed up in a wedding gown, I've seen what a PITA it is to negotiate around while wearing one, and I probably wouldn't have a bridesmaid to help me in the bathroom like real wives usually do. So unless I come across a really understanding and accepting woman, there will be no wedding gown in my future.

Shananigans
12-04-2011, 03:53 PM
My SO and I want to have two wedding ceremonies that are somewhat close together. In the first ceremony, it would be just me as the bride. This is going to be a fairly large wedding just because we have a lot of friends. I'd still like a wedding that reflects both of us and we both tend to be pretty high maintenance and glamorous. Therefore, we were thinking an Old Hollywood theme. I want a nice fit and flare dress with the ceremony in some nice older building. (There are a lot of Southern mansions that are around here that would be fun). We both love to party, we enjoy dancing, and we like music. So, we were thinking open bar, live swing band, maybe some poker tables. It should be fun.

However, in a second ceremony, I want my SO to be the bride. I wouldn't wear a tuxedo, but I wouldn't wear a bridal dress in the second ceremony. I would probably wear something like a black and white dress that was either long or short (depends on what length my SO chooses to wear for her wedding dress). We have talked about the second ceremony being smaller and in a fun location like Vegas. However, I wouldn't want it to be a cheesy Vegas wedding for my SO. But, it would be nice to be somewhere that was fun enough to have a wedding AND a short honeymoon. I want it to feel like her special day too, so she can make the decisions about where it should be, etc. I also want her to experience her own lingerie shower and all the fun stuff that leads up to the wedding. I also want Cami to have her own bridal set. (Let's be honest...the groom's ring just isn't as elaborate as the bride's ring...so, I think it's only fair that Cami has her own).

I have elaborate plans...I hope we make lots of money so that we can see them through. And, even if they aren't as extravagant as we plan, we could still have two awesome ceremonies where we both felt were very special to us and symbolize the commitment, balance, acceptance, and respect for that we must have for each other.

Melody1985
12-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Lexi, there are shorter gowns, but if you refuse to wear one like that I understand. Maybe it will happen..

Shan, I love the plans you and Cami have. The fact that the details have been discussed I think is amazing itself. I hope you both get to experience your glam plan.. Sounds great.

Joann Smith
12-04-2011, 04:52 PM
a few years ago me and the wife renewed our vowes and that question came up ...she was not too wild about the idea of me wearing a gown ,But she did not dismiss the idea of me wearing a womans pants suit with heels and makeup ..I went on an went the traditional route, we already had 10 bridesmaids and that was a nightmare in itself...the oldest of the 10 sisters got pissed and said "OMG WE DO NEED NO MORE B...CHES IN THIS FAMILY....god only knows what she gonna do when she find out that i am no.11

Joann

Sally24
12-04-2011, 06:36 PM
That would be grand but even though my wife is pretty accepting she wasn't interested in my being "dressed" when we eventually renew our vows (33 years and counting!). I hold out hope that I might end up a bridesmaid if one of my many TG friends gets married.

Shananigans and CamilleLeon you both sound like really fun and loving people. Hope both your weddings come out lovely!

*Vanessa*
12-04-2011, 06:42 PM
My Ex and I at the time were going to both wear wedding dresses, but decided to get married on our bicycles instead. Everyone including the minister had one there, at Prince's Island Park (for those in the know) #yyc

Anna Lorree
12-04-2011, 06:52 PM
I have thought about this a lot, my wife less so. I would love to renew our vows at 25 years (just 11 years and a month away) in a small ceremony where I get to wear a dress. She is actually smaller than her dress (a beautiful Edwardian era design, which she made) so it would need to be altered. I think it would be awesome to have both of us in dresses. My wife is still trying to warm up to CDing, so we shall see...

I plan to get a bridal ring set (probably a CZ instead of a diamond to save $$$) so that I can still show the world that I am proudly married, even when dressed.

BTW, Shananigans, you are an awesome woman!

Anna

Rachel Morley
12-04-2011, 08:55 PM
When my wife and I got married 9 years ago I wore a tux but underneath it I was wearing a bra, corset, panties, garter belt and stockings. I got to try on her wedding dress when we got back to the hotel after it was all over. We have talked about us having a vows renewal ceremony and if we do, my wife says I should definitely be en femme and wearing a wedding dress. She's hasn't decided if she will be in a wedding dress too, but "probably" was her answer when I asked.

Eryn
12-04-2011, 09:17 PM
I'm happy to say that I didn't wear a tux for my wedding, but wore an embroidered guayabera shirt instead. This was long before I really understood CDing at all!

Frankly, getting married the first time was hassle enough for both of us and I really doubt that my wife would be thrilled by a double-dress ceremony just so I could be the Snow Beast. I believe that we could find something much more entertaining to do with several thousand dollars!

Eryn

Niya W
12-04-2011, 09:18 PM
You donate it to the Niya fund. Or go on cruise to Hawaii and gain 15 pounds each.

Melody1985
12-04-2011, 09:24 PM
You donate it to the Niya fund. Or go on cruise to Hawaii and gain 15 pounds each.

Lol.. Good answer there!

susmitha
12-05-2011, 01:07 PM
i wish to have a private ceremony for my next anniversary where i get a chance to dress as the bride and my wife dresses as the bridegroom. then we can have a role reversal honeymoon, with me acting as female and she as male. very exciting...

lingerieLiz
12-05-2011, 04:04 PM
I think if I was going to get married once more I would wear a gown.

Justindresser
12-07-2011, 02:09 PM
we will both dress in a gown different ones of course

Loveday
12-07-2011, 02:25 PM
If I ever get married again I think I would like to wear a tux on top and a kilt on the bottom. Something like Sir Sean Connery wears. I'm sure my family would say I'm wearing a skirt and give me hell the rest of my life.

gender_blender
12-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Considering I own a bridal gown collection larger than some retail stores, I would say it's guarenteed that I would be wearing a wedding dress if I were to marry. My girlfriends have all been bisexual and very supportive, so I'd imagine they would want the same. Plus, I look amazing in one! :)

Melody1985
12-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Considering I own a bridal gown collection larger than some retail stores, I would say it's guarenteed that I would be wearing a wedding dress if I were to marry. My girlfriends have all been bisexual and very supportive, so I'd imagine they would want the same. Plus, I look amazing in one! :)

That's great that you have a whole collection, and I'm sure you would look good in one as I'm sure you would look good in anything based on your avatar..

Cheryl T
12-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Would be nice to wear a gown...but I have no intentions of getting married again...once is enough...LOL...after 36 years I'll stick with this one.

Being a bridesmaid for someone...now that would be wonderful.
I'm not a B***H so if someone needs another bridesmaid, I'm available....hehehe

leannejames2011
12-07-2011, 05:26 PM
If I ever marry again, I want to wear a wedding dress with the whole 9 yards.

Leanne

Alicia_lynn419
12-07-2011, 05:55 PM
If I ever got married again (hopefully to someone totally accepting), I would love to have a 2nd, private ceremony with me dressed to the nines.... She could wear what she wants, as long as I looked like the princess.

suchacutie
12-07-2011, 07:18 PM
LOL...I'm just going to be different as always, it seems! :)

My wife and Tina are girlfriends. We keep the spousal agreement strickly as man and wife. This works for me completely because I don't like mixing my gendered selves.

So, if we were to have a formal renewal ceremony, it would be in our traditional roles.

stacycoral
12-07-2011, 09:46 PM
i wish to have a private ceremony for my next anniversary where i get a chance to dress as the bride and my wife dresses as the bridegroom. then we can have a role reversal honeymoon, with me acting as female and she as male. very exciting...

I would love to do this also,

Marissa333
12-07-2011, 09:57 PM
We will be renewing our vows for our 10 year anniversary. We eloped the first time and I wanted her to have a big second wedding (not even considering me warring a wedding dress), and she decided she wanted to be alone again, because she hates everyone. It was her that suggested I wear a wedding dress too. As much as I would go insane if I were able to wear a wedding dress for my wedding, I want her to be the only one in a fancy dress, and I think she wants to marry her man that day, and she can have Marissa the rest of our lives.

Debutante
12-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Definitly I would love to be a bride... but evem a bridesmaid would do...