PDA

View Full Version : Posting pics and having a 2nd Facebook account

Launa
12-05-2011, 07:10 PM
I know there have been a lot of threads lately about your real Facebook page and posting pics en femme, coming out on it etc... I would like to post pics on this site and have a 2nd facebook account like some girls do but my SO would find that risky.
Have any of you that have a second Facebook account had any problems or troubles from setting it up and putting yourself out there or even on this site?
Have you ever had people be able to somehow track you down on the computer, show up to your work and yell out hey there's the crossdresser or just cause you a lot of grief? You know what I mean. Lol

Donna1
12-05-2011, 07:15 PM
That is interesting...I never thought about having another facebook account! Very interesting! My GF says I am OCD about CD, but it just is a burning desire. I wish I had a least one friend I could text and talk "girly" to!.... ugh.

Josie M
12-05-2011, 07:40 PM
I have a few alter-egos on Google+ and I'm also on Flikr. I don't know if I'll do another facebook account, but that's mostly because I'm trying to see if Google+ will take off over the next year.

No one has "tracked me down" yet, but I also don't friend my alter-egos.

S. Lisa Smith
12-05-2011, 08:30 PM
I have two accounts, so far so good.

Beth Wilde
12-05-2011, 08:54 PM
I have 2 FB accounts, my femme one is friends with my male one, nobody has noticed.... Or if they have, they haven't said! :)

gabimartini
12-05-2011, 09:21 PM
I don't get why people need one Facebook account, let alone two!!!

GeminaRenee
12-05-2011, 09:49 PM
I've never had a problem with mine. I also don't friend my male & female accounts, although I do have a couple of privileged mutual friends...

PretzelGirl
12-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Clear sailing for me so far. Have some interesting "1 degree of separation" situations and nothing has happened. My guy page has friended a good friend who friends other CDs. One wife from my Tri-Ess group is friended to Sue and my wife and daughter.

I go with setting my security high and pretty much not friending anyone I haven't run into somewhere else. No security breaches and no guys posting inappropriate comments or pictures on my wall.

April_Ligeia
12-05-2011, 11:42 PM
I have a second facebook account but stopped doing anything with it when I joined this forum. IMO, this is better.

crusadergirl
12-06-2011, 12:26 AM
I have a second account as well bad news for me people at work found out about it. Are they think the pic was of me. So i have been questioned alot at work about it. People can track you too easy on there it sucks.

LeeBe
12-06-2011, 05:40 AM
I don't get why people need one Facebook account, let alone two!!!

That's easy... some of us are two faced:D:D!

gabimartini
12-06-2011, 06:59 AM
That's funny, Lee! Guess every CD is guilty as charged... lol, facebook accounts or not! :)

Karren H
12-06-2011, 07:20 AM
I agree that having two FaceBook accounts is risky. That's why I only have one... Karren Hutton... mater of fact my male side has next to no net presence except professionally on Linked-in. Makes life so much simpler. Everyone on Facebooks knows I a crossdresser and I have a ton of friends. Mostly non-tg ones. More hockey friends than anyone else...

Edwina
12-06-2011, 07:24 AM
I have two as well and have not had any problems yet.
None of my friends on either book have contacted me on the other but I am very conservative (read paranoid :)) about who I "friend".

Renee W
12-06-2011, 07:49 AM
I don't do Facebook (or twitter or MySpace).

As far as posting pictures here, I came to the conclusion that the only people who would see them are other CDers, so if someone came up to me and said I saw your picture on this site, they would only be outting themselves at the same time.

Mikaela
12-06-2011, 01:37 PM
I have two accounts. I don't friend myself and I keep my friends separate. I even use two different browsers so the sessions/cookies don't cross or cause me to forget which one I'm on. No problems.

AndreaCD1963
12-06-2011, 01:49 PM
I have two FB accounts and go to great lengths to keep them separate so as to avoid any possibility of "cross-chat" between the two. Andrea primarily accesses via her IPad, he uses his IPhone. They both will use the same laptop but he uses IE and she uses Safari. Friends are carefully added to avoid any linking between the two. As far as I know there is currently only one instance of "2 degrees of separation" - I keep the security settings quite high on both accounts

Still, there is always the risk that something goes wrong (or right???) and I end up outed where I didn't want to be. If that ever happens, C'est la vie, life will go on.

jackie g
12-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Hmmmmm ...... just FYI ..... food for thought maybe ..... as a CDer I have taken a number of different questionable risks over time, and have been fortunate so far nonetheless. I've had a couple of different Yahoo accounts, and several different identities and alter egos on various web sites, but don't have 2nd facebook and don't think I'll add one any time soon. I try to disguise my profile info just enough to steer people off my real identity, and to be broad enough to fade into the woodwork. But I'm a talker and pretty expressive too, so that could lead to potential problems.

My concerns about Facebook are three-fold. First, once you upload a photo you give away the rights to that photo. They can and will keep a copy for themselves in perpetuity, and as you may have noticed they change their rules and procedures every few weeks. So how that could potentially be used in the future is not under your control. Of course, that's hypothetical. Second, they are very much driven by commercial applications, and here again you have no control over how the information you provide may be aggregated, joined, used, combined with other data ..... that could lead to something embarassing down the road. I've already noticed that some of the browsers / apps are tracking what sites you site and providing a "service" by telling the world (like your yahoo or FB friends) where you've been or visited ...... I'm not sure I want my clients to know that I was reading stories about "naughty sissies" on Literotica, for example ..... many of these apps ask you if you want to be identified, but not all of them do, some require that you "opt out" if you don't like it. I see potential problems down the road there. Third and finally, FB is already using facial recognition software and sending photos to members asking if they can identify the people in the photo ...... I'm not sure I want FB to come across some femme photos of "Jackie" (or some less lady-like alternative) and send them to the family and friends of my male persona and ask them to check whether it's me or not. Yikes. Or for some divorce attorney or competitor or whatever to use that information to discredit me or my work. Just some food for thought .......ack! I hate to be the serious one and spoil all the fun. That's like the opposite of why I am here .....as my femme self, I'd really really prefer to just throw caution to the wind ....but then again .....

BLUE ORCHID
12-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Hi PG, No facebook ,twitter or anything like that for this old girl.
I don't want anything that can come back and bite me in the A$$.

Orchid

Ashley_Marie
12-06-2011, 05:59 PM
I have two facebook accounts. While I haven't posted personal picks to my Ashley account I like having it seperate from my other account. That way friends and family who don't know.....

Mikaela
12-06-2011, 06:00 PM
First, once you upload a photo you give away the rights to that photo. They can and will keep a copy for themselves in perpetuity, and as you may have noticed they change their rules and procedures every few weeks. So how that could potentially be used in the future is not under your control.

No, in fact the federal government just stepped in on this. If you delete it, they are required to delete it as well. You maintain your copyright. However, the privacy aspect is a crock and something just came out today regarding it.

Second, they are very much driven by commercial applications, and here again you have no control over how the information you provide may be aggregated, joined, used, combined with other data ..... that could lead to something embarassing down the road. I've already noticed that some of the browsers / apps are tracking what sites you site and providing a "service" by telling the world (like your yahoo or FB friends) where you've been or visited

True in theory, but there are several ways around this. Ad-blockers that prevent calls to facebook is just one. Yes, people need to realize that sites that give you something for free, are actually because you/your information are the actual product. (or your eyes in the case of ad revenue supported sites)

Third and finally, FB is already using facial recognition software and sending photos to members asking if they can identify the people in the photo

These are still limited to the restrictions you have on your own albums. And it's the recognition of a face, not the comparison between two unrelated profiles.

There are a lot of reasons to distrust facebook or any online service, but fear-mongering with incorrect or partial data isn't helpful

Chloe' Buffington
12-06-2011, 06:34 PM
I have 2 accounts on fb, I tightened the security as far as it would go and am NOT friends with my femme self. keeping them separate has worked so far. If any one from here wants to be fb friends, Chloe' S. Auld. :)

jackie g
12-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Hmmmmm ..... I hope you are correct so far .... but I don't think you need to call me for "fear-mongering." And who has anything more than partial information. I hadn't heard about your first point, so I'll assume you're correct and this is a new development. Just trying to share some of my concerns, and I think the facial recognition issue is a fair one. I'm not a computer technology person, but I am a mathematician who is fairly well read and pretty active politically as an ACLU member and a member of several electronic privacy concerns.

Loveday
12-06-2011, 07:14 PM
I have two FB accounts, one male, one female. I keep them very seperate using different email accounts and never friending or visting the other. The male account gets hardly any attention. Since I have greart difficulty doing makeup there is hardly any pictures. I do have concerns about facial recognition softtware and usually try to wear teardrop sunglasses to make it harder for that software to work. My concern has been someone trying to discredit me with my family, my ex would love to mess up my relationship with my son even thou the divorce is long over. She has an estranged husband (she now lives with our marriage counselor) who was a policeman who has access to alot of software that has gone through my sons hard drives before and it worries me. My son now destroys his hard drives like I do - High speed grinder.

FireFoxAngel
12-06-2011, 08:30 PM
I've had a 2nd account with real info, pics, etc. But never the right location. No one would guess based on location

Kyttens pet
12-06-2011, 08:59 PM
I also have 2 FB accounts, and 1 (Sheri's) Google+ account.
before i set my security high, i was surfing FB at work (during a coffee break) and my Femme self was recommended as a friend for me, since we both live in the same Municipal District (COUNTY) along with 20000 other people.
Soon after Sheri's acct was set to high security, and i havent seen her since...

as for photo concerns, as someone else said, if they see my pic on here, then i will ask their profile so i can add them as a friend. If they are here looking then they probably enjoy alot of the same things..

kisses,
Sheri

Annaliese2010
12-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Are there a lot of TG's (CD, TS, etc) on Facebook? I mean, is that a good way to make a lot of TG friends or sumthin? Just wondering... And God, I could care less who 'finds out'. It's like..'prove it' or...like.. geeze sue me or somethin! LOL...

Loveday
12-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Annaliese, there is a lot of TG's (CD, TS, etc) on Facebook. Although I hold back, all you have to do is make a few friends and FB will look for more for you with similar interest. Then just look at their friend list and you will see alot of TG's. just click them on and request to be a friend. Alot of people from this site I have noticed are there.

sue1965
12-07-2011, 02:38 PM
I have 2 accounts but my male and female are not friends and I have not had any problems. I am also on flicker and know one has seen me on there as well.

Annaliese
12-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Just make sure that you don't connect the two what i mean is if you have a fem e-mail account do not e-mail you drab account. I did this and Facebook connect the my two Facebook by the e-mails. So have separate e-mail and never connect the two, never e-mail your self.

kaitlincd
12-07-2011, 02:53 PM
I've had 2 accounts for years with absolutely no problems!

lmildcd
12-07-2011, 02:57 PM
I tried to set up a facebook account for my CD side, but ran into a problem. I couldn't get through all the input screens. I'm just content to leave Lennette in here. I'm not sure if I want anyone to accidently find out about my other side.

DinaMature
12-08-2011, 08:27 AM
I have two accounts, so far so good.

I just put up a Facebook page for my CD self just about a month ago. The first thing I did was to go through all the privacy settings. I then double checked them by searching from another computer, logged in on a differant account.
IF someone 'accidently' finds my page, there is nothing but my profile pic to see. If they can sort out it's me from that fuzzy photo, then they're pretty observant anyway and may have all ready figured it out.

Having said that, in just over 3 weeks, I have a small cadre' of Friends and the page has all ready been influential in my having just attended my first CD/TG event.
My SO shared some of your partners concerns but if you get it set up right, you're pretty well insulated.

SweetTransvestite
12-08-2011, 01:31 PM
I've thought about it, but I'm inches away from just fully coming out on FB anyways with having girl mode pics on my "normal" profile. Don't think I'd surprise anyone by now actually. Lol.

elizabethamy
12-08-2011, 01:56 PM
I have been afraid to let Elizabethamy post pictures and get friends on the facebook account she demanded. I always use the "private" setting on my browser, but of all the sites I visit, the only one that stays in the history without having to be femanually deleted is...facebook. So I guess I just can't trust that it's safe. Having said that, I dream of a day when I no longer need it to be safe. Good luck, everyone!

Nelson
12-08-2011, 02:05 PM
I trashed my male account all together. Happy having just my CD account.

Ashley_Marie
12-08-2011, 02:20 PM
I trashed my male account all together. Happy having just my CD account.

Well I can't trash my male account for the single reason I am a business owner in a small town, less then 15k population. I knew a business owner that did sold lingerie and did lingerie shoots for their customers. They got a bad rep in town and since dropped the photography side of the business.

Thats why I keep 2 facebook accounts. I associate my male account with my business. Appearances when your a business owner, or even if your not, can be damaging to your reputation. Shoot with Missouri being an At Will state, your employment is at the will of the employer and he or she can fire you for anything they want as long as its not illegal. So at least for me its better to have 2 accounts.

Madilyn A.
12-08-2011, 02:27 PM
I too, have two accounts. No problem as yet, and I hope it stays that way. I have not friended myself, and also use two user accounts on my computer, one for him and one for her.

Nelson
12-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Sorry Ashley-Marie, I may have quipped too soon.... I'm .au, your employer has to fight uphill to get rid of you.

Hope I haven't upset you.

Nelson

CamillaCD
12-08-2011, 03:24 PM
When I set up a FB account many already knew i was a CD, so I didn't feel it was necessary to have two accounts. The public part of the profile does not say anything about this (the avatar is of me in guy mode). Most of the pictures I have posted is of Camlla, so there is no doubt about what I do.

StarrOfDelite
12-09-2011, 11:01 PM
I have CD accounts on Facebook, Flickr, MySpace and Tagged and have never gotten any suggestion that anyone has put 2+2 together. I have a Male account on FB, too, but am not a friend of myself. Does that make sense to anyone?

Daphne Renee
12-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Having any pictures or any sort of information on the net is somewhat risky. You could have a 2nd facebook account . Just have separate friends and dont friend yourself. :)

Daphne Renee
01-11-2012, 01:51 PM
I just recently made a 2nd facebook account. If anyone wants to the can feel free to send me a frined request. The link is in my sig..

Crysten
01-11-2012, 02:32 PM
I do not and never will have anything to do with face book. Mark Zuckerburg is a complete scumbag and I refuse to give him ANY of my personal data, ever. He can go piss up a rope.

Mikaela
01-11-2012, 03:09 PM
I don't know him personally, so I don't care.
Not to mention, my girl profile has me working for a fictional company (VP of R&D for Stark Industries), with a fictional background - so any data I've given them isn't real. I don't tend to "Like" stuff, so they don't get that data on my male or female profiles. I don't approve of my family requests for saying I am a cousin or nephew or whatever.

I also use my ad blocker software to block calls to facebook from other websites.

You can control, to an extent, how much you use, how much you share, and what you do that is real versus false.

Eryn
01-11-2012, 04:06 PM
I don't do FB, but I do have completely separate accounts for email, photos, etc. that never interact with each other.

Now, that being said, I have no delusions that this is airtight security. The providers of these services get my IP address every time I use them, so they do have a piece of information that ties them together. However it also ties me to my wife's, daughter's, and anyone else's who uses my internet connection. Unless they are specifically looking for a particular connection I doubt that they can make much use of it.

I do check the security settings, and it is sadly no longer a unusual thing to find that they have been reset to a less restrictive state than I desire. Every time a service is "upgraded" they default things back to "wide open" and often don't bother to tell their customers.

nikitataylor0210
01-11-2012, 04:32 PM
You can control, to an extent, how much you use, how much you share, and what you do that is real versus false.

+1. Good Advice, also make sure to use the several privacy settings within your facebook account to set permissions. Most newbies create an FB account and do not set the privacy options, which makes your site accessible to everyone (even non-fb members).

AmarilloStephanie
01-11-2012, 04:44 PM
I have considered opening a second account, but I too am a business owner and the risk just isn't worth it to me. So I'll just keep it here on this site...more fun anyway!

Lori B
01-11-2012, 06:18 PM
I`m considering a Lori FB page.......see what happens:heehee:

trisha59
01-11-2012, 06:22 PM
I had two accounts and fb busted Trisha's account and closed it down. Could be because I never connected with friends just lots of shopping sites.

JulieK1980
01-11-2012, 06:30 PM
With Facebook's privacy issues, I regret setting up ONE account, never mind a second one.

JenniferRose
01-12-2012, 12:32 AM
I have two FB accounts, have never had a problem with it so far and I friended my male account with my female account, the only two people on there that know about the second FB are a couple of close friends so I dont see much of a problem having the two lol

elizabethamy
01-12-2012, 07:35 AM
Well, I reactivated Elizabeth Amy's facebook account, so be my friend...the privacy considerations worry me, though. When I logged onto my male account (which is tied to a separate email address as well as to a different name), fb suggested that I make elizabeth amy my friend. Which is exactlly the opposite of what I wanted...

HannahF6
01-12-2012, 10:14 AM
I also have two accounts on Facebook, also two accounts on Hotmail. One does have to be careful, I have on one occasion accidentally written a message on my female hotmail account and signed it with my male identity. That was only briefly embarrassing.

One also has to be careful with the accounts because browsers sometimes remember sign-in details. I worry that I could use a computer and then someone else could head off to FaceBook and see my femme identity laid out in front of them.

There is one oddity that concerns me. My male identity has a Friends Re-United account, and while logging in I have on several occasions been asked if I know Hannah and would I like to invite her to Friends Re-United. I don't understand how this link has been made, perhaps through cookies.

Hannah