PDA

View Full Version : Fake nails

imagination96
10-23-2005, 03:02 PM
With having the entire weekend to dress I thought I would add something new and got a set of fake nails. They sure do add to the illusion, which I love. :dance: However, I am having the darndest time completing even simple tasks like undoing my bra or taking off a necklace. Heck, I can barley even type this message. How do u ladies manage . . . for that matter how do GG's do it?!?! :D

Deborah
10-23-2005, 03:14 PM
I'm still in denial thinking i can grow my nails longer without help. Then oops snap there goes another one lol. One of these day i'll have to go out and buy a set. :cool:

Tedi
10-23-2005, 03:39 PM
With having the entire weekend to dress I thought I would add something new and got a set of fake nails. They sure do add to the illusion, which I love. :dance: However, I am having the darndest time completing even simple tasks like undoing my bra or taking off a necklace. Heck, I can barley even type this message. How do u ladies manage . . . for that matter how do GG's do it?!?! :D

I'm not able to put on nails as often as I'd like. When I do, I've discovered the same problems as you have. Just doing regular day to day things become a challenge. But, somehow I find it delightfully frustrating.

chattaboxx
10-23-2005, 04:23 PM
I was thinking about fake nails but was wondering how easy do they come off.

I am married and think i would have problems explaining why i had them on ....lol

Misty_VA
10-23-2005, 04:42 PM
Chattaboxx,

It will depend on what type you use. The one that already have the glue on them will come off with warm water. It might a few minutes to losen them. If you are going to use glue to attach the nail make sure you have acetone around. Soak your finger tips in the acetone and they should come off with a little prying.

Misty

Shelly Preston
10-23-2005, 04:47 PM
Fake nails can be wondeful in adding to your look

As to how to do the simplest things - Carefully

You can do some serious damage with fake nails.

Nails tabs can be useful. They allow you to stick fake nails on, that can be easily removed with soapy water

robyn1114
10-23-2005, 04:50 PM
You get use to the longer nails after a while, you have to remember most GG's have had long nails for years

cd_becca
10-23-2005, 05:43 PM
I have quite wide nails, do false nails fit wide nails as well?

imagination96
10-23-2005, 06:05 PM
I'm figuring out how to accomplish some things w/ the long nails. Half the problem seems to be getting used to not having any feeling at the end of yor fingers. That and the fact that I've had to touch-up my polish on more than one occasion :p

My fingernails are a bit on the wide side as well. I found a brand at the grocery store fore "large" fingers. The thumbnail is just a shade small but it is difficult to notice. Initially I used the glue tabs but found they didn't hold the nails on all that well. U have to be real careful with the nails or they might come off.

Jodi Lynn
10-23-2005, 06:39 PM
I had the weekend alone too and did the same thing. But I also went out the the local TG club and had a great time last night.

DanaJ
10-23-2005, 06:44 PM
It does take time to get used to long nails, but depending on the length of the nails, most GGs do not have really long nails (1/2 inch + free edge).

When you remove them, follow Misty's advice withthe acetone, but do not pry them off - let the acetone do the work. You can damage the nail plate or the nail bed by prying, no matter how gentle you do it. Many times, damage does not appear immediately, but over time.

We have covered this subject in the Beauty Club, if you wish to join....

imagination96
10-23-2005, 06:54 PM
It does take time to get used to long nails, but depending on the length of the nails, most GGs do not have really long nails (1/2 inch + free edge).

When you remove them, follow Misty's advice withthe acetone, but do not pry them off - let the acetone do the work. You can damage the nail plate or the nail bed by prying, no matter how gentle you do it. Many times, damage does not appear immediately, but over time.

We have covered this subject in the Beauty Club, if you wish to join....

Beauty Club = yes please :) I can use all the tips I can get . . . I'm still just learning make-up.