PDA

View Full Version : Just don't forget when you are and aren't en femme.

KellyJameson
12-06-2011, 07:20 PM
This comment in another thread reminded me of a time when I walked into the womens bathroom dressed in drab. The Senor and Senorita got mixed up with the four margaritas in my brain. A woman and her son were coming out of a stall and the mother looked at me strangely but did not say anything and walked out. In my alchol induced dementia I could not place exactly what was wrong and carried on with my business without further incident.

I have noticed on a number of occasions because I spend so much time enfemme that the behavior carries over to my male persona.

Anybody else have this problem or should I worry about being fitted for an electronic ankle bracelet to replace the turquoise ankle bracelet I usually wear.

April_Ligeia
12-06-2011, 07:28 PM
A couple of times I have almost left for work wearing nail polish or traces of eye makeup, and have to give myself a once-over. I dress at home, and out sometimes, but not at work, so I also sometimes get confused.

Cynthia Anne
12-06-2011, 07:36 PM
I think the best bet would be to get 'dressed' before you start drinking!:heehee: Hugs!

KellyJameson
12-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Hi April. It is probably easier for those who have a clear dividing line between male and female. I always have failed at knowing how to act like a typical male and so the lines for me are very blurry. I get stared at no matter what or how I act but lately I'm making far more mistakes with what voice to use, what bathroom, my walk, I'm smiling at men instead of just giving them the head nod ( male version of a smile, took years to learn that). At this rate I'm going to end of using a bra for ear muffs one day.

StaceyJane
12-06-2011, 07:56 PM
I was once at a place that I normally went to en femme but this time I was in guy clothes. I almost walked into the ladies room because I had never been to the men's room there.

Marleena
12-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Anybody else have this problem or should I worry about being fitted for an electronic ankle bracelet to replace the turquoise ankle bracelet I usually wear.

Now that is funny! I haven't been out of the home yet enfemme but I can truly understand where you're coming from.:)

ArleneRaquel
12-06-2011, 08:06 PM
A few years back I got out of bed totally enfemme and went outside to turn on the water hose, it was summer time and it was about 7am. As I said I was totally enfemme, except no wig or forms/bra! YIKES! :eek:

jillleanne
12-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Last week on a road trip my s/o and I in drab, stopped at a Wallyworld to use the washrooms. I followed her right into the womens washroom without so much as thought about what I was doing. We just laughed and I relocated to the mens room. Am I dressing a little too much or what? lol

April_Ligeia
12-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Hi April. It is probably easier for those who have a clear dividing line between male and female. I always have failed at knowing how to act like a typical male and so the lines for me are very blurry.

Hi, Kelly! I know what you mean. When I go to work, I have specific "work clothes" which put me into "work mode," which means "male mode." That's how I try to create the dividing line, although I think many of us act differently at work than at home. Maybe this is just a more extreme example of what everyone does.

Anita Luken
12-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Yikes, this has happened to me unknown times. Would be out shopping drab and go to the restroom and just as going in door to girls room would look down at the sign on the door and have to stop and look down at my apparel to see what I am wearing then quickly blushingly turn and go to mens room.

sissystephanie
12-06-2011, 10:58 PM
I have to wonder where the minds of some of you are. I have been crossdressing for over 70 years, and have never walked into a ladies room while in drab unless it was the only one available. And yes, I do go out in public enfemme and have been doing so for many years. And even though I am older I am still an Insurance Sales person, so I spend a lot of my time in drab! Granted, if you have had 4 good drinks you might not know whether you are male or female!!

Julogden
12-07-2011, 10:49 AM
The only time I almost accidentally went into the wrong bathroom was when I was working in a big building in downtown Chicago that had a really stupid bathroom plan. They had only one bathroom on each floor, alternating from floor to floor, men's on one floor, women's on the next, then men's, women's etc., resulting in quite a few people going into the wrong bathroom because they didn't look closely enough and forgetting which floor they were on.

Carol

Loveday
12-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Before I had any idea about CDing twice i walked into and used the womens bathroom while i was out and did not realize it until I got back to the party I was with and they politely asked me what the heck I was doing. One of those times it was at Disney Land and the door was named llamos or something like that, I remembered my spanish as I was leaving. The funny thing is since CDing hit I have I have not messed up up at all.

Cheryl T
12-07-2011, 01:49 PM
After going out so much the last few years I've noticed that when I go to the restroom in a public place I'm always checking the sign on the door twice...once to read it and the second after I checked myself...LOL.

KellyJameson
12-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Hi Sissystephanie. Your comment about crossdressing for seventy years really got my attention. Would you be willing to start a thread about the changes in fashion you have used over the years? I'm very interested in hearing from people and their stories of how crossdressing has changed over the years from the perspective of fashion, cosmetic use, breast forms,wigs,ect...

It was not long ago that you could be arrested if caught crossdressing and I wonder how it was to live in those times.
Thanks! Kelly

jillleanne
12-11-2011, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=sissystephanie;2678390]I have to wonder where the minds of some of you are.

Well, best get in line. My mother has wondered that for years, as has my past employers in the day, my past employees, my dentist, my brothers and sisters, my priest, my therapist, my broker, and more often than not, John Cleese and the three stooges nyuck, nyuck, nyuck!!!.