PDA

View Full Version : Illness and crossdressing

VtVicky
12-06-2011, 10:11 PM
So, this morning I awoke to a very strong feeling of dizziness and nausea. After the first of many trips to the bathroom, I removed the chiffon and nylon gown, the bra and enhancers, and the nylon bloomers that I usually sleep in. Put on sweats and drab underwear, and went back to bed. Between bouts, I had time to reflect that this has occurred before. Not the getting sick part; the not being interested in CDing while sick part.

And I got to thinking: I wonder if there is a distinction between those of us who are recreational crossdressers, (fetishists for example), and those who are transgendered types, (pre- or post-op transexuals for example) in how they react to being enfemme while sick.

The scientist in me would like to see some research on this topic. I would suspect that the recreational CDer would lose some of the excitement, and therefore the interest, in dressing while ill. And, while sick, fall back to the detent position of simply comfortable. Would being too sick to enjoy it effect the transgendered community the same way?

Since I don't know how to do a survey on this forum, perhaps some comments by the members might cast a little light on this subject.

Therefore the question is: Does being ill effect your interest in crossdressing. And, what flavor of CDer do you consider yourself?

Cynthia Anne
12-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Illness affects everyone and every thing we do! Some of us have more will power to push on! Some of us have to get up and start the day rather we feal like it or not! Illness affects crossdressing differntly in each person! I may be too sick today to mess with makeup and too sick to get really dressed up, but I still have to get dressed to leave the house! Hugs!

KiwiHeather
12-06-2011, 10:57 PM
I think perhaps when ill we all (men and women) have a default comfort setting. My wife wears baggy men styled PJ's when she is ill and if she is up and about or curled up on the sofa she is in some track pants and a sweat shirt. The choice of clothing doesnt appear to be anything but comfort orientated (funny how comfort is androgenous if not slightly male in style though). A few times I was going to ask why she felt the need to cross dress when she was ill, but decided not to irritate her (she is "sensitive" about my CD habits).

April_Ligeia
12-06-2011, 10:57 PM
I think it makes sense that you would not want to wear breast forms , etc. when sick and running to the bathroom. On the other hand, if I got sick I would be wearing femme pajamas, because those are my pajamas. If I were wearing nail polish I would not remove it, however I could not imagine putting on makeup when THAT sick. I am a crossdresser, and I dress full time at home.

AllieSF
12-06-2011, 11:33 PM
From my perspective being a part time CD, if I am sick I don't feel like doing anything male or female. So, dressing is on a very low priority, where logically to me, it should be. Now from a TS's perspective, I can only rely on what a very close deceased TS friend of mine told me one day when we were out shopping together. She said for you (me, the CD) clothes are important, while for her it was definitely not about the clothes and never would be. So, taking that view point, I would assume as others have already said above, the TS will do as any human being would do when sick and that is wear comfortable no hassle clothes in whatever style she likes, but probably very dressed down.

Personally, if I were sick, the last thing I am thinking about is panties, bras, breast forms and a short skirt with a tight top. I would just want to curl up in a nice warm and comfortable place in comfortable male clothes, maybe even in bed in pajamas. Maybe since I can, but don't, dress almost whenever I want, the thought of being sick en femme is the last thing on my mind.

Diane Smith
12-07-2011, 01:10 AM
When I'm sick, I just want to be as comfortable as possible and not be distracted by anything unnecessary, so of course I take off any constrictive clothes and go huddle up in the warmest and snuggliest PJ's I can find. It doesn't have anything to do with gender at all; if the flannel pajamas I grab first are women's, that's just fine, but for sure I'm not going to be wearing a corset and high heels. There's plenty of time to look nice when I'm feeling better.

On the other hand, I wouldn't bother taking off my nail polish, for example, because it's not uncomfortable, and the act of removing it might itself take more energy and care than I want to give to any project when I'm feeling bad.

- Diane

teri g
12-07-2011, 01:25 AM
A timely question for me. Before I respond I'll add that I'm an infrequent dresser (by circumstance) in a dadt marriage. I just got over the flu but during that time I had some of that rare time alone in the house. The last thing on my mind was getting dressed though. I did think about it but it held little appeal due to my illness. Like others have said all I wanted was max comfort and that doesn't include any kind of snug, elastic clothing, forms etc.

GemmaB
12-07-2011, 01:55 AM
I would consider myself a recreational crossdresser. Contrary to posts so far I find if I'm not feeling great then I like to comfort myself with something a little femme - not fully made up or with restrictive items but probably just some panties or similar.

janet p
12-07-2011, 02:18 AM
When I get sick if I'm wearing something femm I'll take it off because I don't want it to get messed up,I'd still wear my femm PJ's but my daughter stole the bottoms LOL.

Tina B.
12-07-2011, 09:22 AM
When ill I go for comfort, that consist of a flannel night gown, and my fleece robe, it's pink, and makes me feel better just wearing it. The rest can stay in the closet.
Tina B.

Karren H
12-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Sounds like you have severe silicone poisoning!!! Or the pink fog flue?

S. Lisa Smith
12-07-2011, 01:55 PM
When I'm sick I sleep...surrounded by my dogs. I really don't want to dress or to do anything except sleep.

Loveday
12-07-2011, 03:08 PM
When i'm sick I just want whever is warm, I do not care if it is male or female. I hate to say it but Irecently went through about four or five months of dehydration thanks to an enzyme I developed due to diabeties, I found wearng a short fluffy mini skirt very helpfull at home when an emergency would develop if you know what I mean.

Cheryl T
12-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Sick is sick...no matter what you are wearing.
I for one wouldn't change just because I was sick. I might put on warmer pj's and my super soft and warm robe and slippers, but I'm not going drab just because of some little bug. Gonna have to be some huge bug to get me to change. Besides, I don't own any warm drab sleepwear! I only kept enough drab stuff to get me by in case the hospital calls....lol.

Dannigirl
12-07-2011, 07:11 PM
I recently just had the chickenpox and for the 2 weeks I felt like crap I had no interest in putting anything feminine on. But now that I am feeling better I am going to have to get some fog lights cuz the fog is rolling back in thick and fast !!!

Jannette H
12-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Illnesses can make CDing almost impossible if not impossible. Was on dialysis for almost 6yrs before I got a kidney. Jannette went out a total of 7 times during that period. Most of the time it was good days and bad days and I couldn't pick them. Transplant was last Dec and I'm still coming back from that.

suchacutie
12-07-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm bigendered. When Tina is Tina it's as much mental as physical. When I'm in guy mode, it's a parallel thing.

The clothes/wig/makeup are a part of Tina, but not all of her, so:

If I'm seriously ill, I'm going to be in bed, so wig and makeup are out, regardless, and probably forms too (let's not destroy them!). If I'm alone, then it can be Tina who is ill, but if my wife is present, I won't mix my mental outlook and my gender presentation, so in that case I'd drop back to being male.

Maybe it's that simple. I can be Tina at any time, but if I'm presenting Tina then it has to be all of her, not some mostly-male presentation with a feminine voice and painted nails and high-heel slippers!...just doesn't work for me (personally...it may for others). If I'm alone, then it's the Tina inside of me that takes over and my presentation is not important.

Having said that, I'd like to comment in general about different aspects of life and Tina. I really do think that my brain has sections that display one gender inclination or the other. For example, Tina is just not interested in normal life crises. If the boiler springs a leak this is not something that interests Tina. Securing the house for the last hurricane was definitely a male activity, as is tilling the garden or chopping firewood. Tina is fastidious and creative but is not into getting grass stains on her skirt! This all means that my life is slowly dividing into those aspects for which Tina is best suited and for those aspects where she is just hopeless! Thus, I'm finding many aspects of life, just like this thread, where a decision is made about which gender to present.

Fascinating stuff!!!