PDA

View Full Version : Juxtaposed Fashion Tips

LeannL
12-06-2011, 11:47 PM
I have been to a Macy's twice since Saturday, once with my wife and once as Leann and on both trips I was giving fashion advice.

The time as Leann had me looking at one of the clearance racks when I heard someone calling "excuse me". At first I ignored it but she was persistent and I eventually acknowledged her approach. The woman was a mid-50's (a little younger than I) and probably from India or a neighboring country. I mention her nationality because, being a dumb Caucasian MTF CD, if my giving advice to someone of a similar background as mine is a stretch, this was going to be spanning the Mississippi River. She wanted to know which of two black and white blouses would look better on her. Well, we discussed it for a few minutes and we went back and forth. We finally settled on the one we originally rejected. She thanked me for my help as I left.

Earlier, I went to Macy's and Penny's with my wife as she was looking for a dress. We went through the women's section. As we went through I increased my suggestions with increasingly girlfriend to girlfriend type discussions about the clothing. I convinced her to try on many more outfits that she would have. At the end of the day, she thanked me for going out with her and that she really enjoyed it. I didn't let her know that I enjoyed being her (unrecognized) girlfriend while shopping. Maybe if I do this a few more times, she will begin to accept my feminine side enough to meet Leann :)

So two outings, two presentations, two encounters and I enjoyed both.

Leann

GemmaB
12-07-2011, 02:54 AM
Sounds like a nice couple of trips out :) Must feel really nice to have helped that total stranger! I know what you mean about giving girly advice to your girlfriend. When I go shopping with my gf it's a chance for both me and her to enjoy my more feminine side (she hasn't met Gemma yet).

Cynthia Anne
12-07-2011, 11:10 AM
That's great Leann! I think you are on the right track to a happy relationship! Hugs!

Beverley Sims
12-09-2011, 01:13 AM
Occasionally I have been asked by another shopper do you think this would suit me?
As I used to do catalog photography I usually let go and give fashion advice.
Being totally un introverted, I sometimes hold the floor and have 2 or 3 women listening to what I have to say.
I am usually in guy mode, skinny jeans and a less masculine top.
It reminds me of the gay hairdressers that women love.
I am not gay, I don't think I am.... But give me a female audience and away I go.