PDA

View Full Version : Now that’s what I call cross-dressing!

suzy1
12-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Summer 1940. The sun washed fields of Kent on the south coast of Britain.
The German invasion imminent.

And then a rumour goes round that parachutists’ were going to be dropping dressed as Nuns.

You couldn’t make it up but it’s true!

Now beat that girls.

SUZY

SusanLCD
12-07-2011, 02:54 PM
The thought of a whole company of Nuns dropping in with their knuckle-cracking rulers in hand is enough to shake the defenses of any nation. I shouldn't wonder that Catholicism waned in Britain after that.

In my imagination I see a group of nuns walking together along a rural road and everyone around them scattering for cover. A parting of the seas, if you will.

Oh, this lends itself to a great many more ridiculous metaphors. Thank you, Suzy.

Beverley Sims
12-07-2011, 03:45 PM
MMM...Monty Python rules again.

Karren H
12-07-2011, 04:31 PM
I heard the French Foreign Legion were going to be dressed as can-can girls!!

Rachel Flowers
12-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Reminds me of Eddie Izzard's 1st battalion transvestite brigade, parachute behind enemy lines with fantastic makeup. And a fantastic gun.

Loveday
12-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Flying Nuns....long before it was time.

KellyJameson
12-07-2011, 05:04 PM
And ever since it became a " habit" among military commanders to .....

Niya W
12-07-2011, 05:21 PM

And then a rumour goes round that parachutists’ were going to be dropping dressed as Nuns.

Now beat that girls.

SUZY

Wait I think I got picture of those nuns

Misti
12-07-2011, 05:36 PM
This is Nun-sense, see the movie...

Leslie Langford
12-07-2011, 06:02 PM

Now beat that girls.

SUZY

Hmmm...sounds like something that would make for a suitable plot line for inclusion in a sequel to Inglorious Basterds. That would be typical of the kind of liberties the original film took with real history...

Now, how this rumour could ever have gotten traction even considering the paranoia and overwhelming fear of the Hun juggernaut prevailing at the time does leave one incredulous - I mean, wouldn't a brigade of nuns carrying MP40 assault rifles while goose-stepping down an English country lane not attract at least a few odd looks on its own? Granted, you Brits are used to all types of eccentric blokes wandering about in public - not to mention the occasional in-bred, upper class twit - but even this would be outside the norm. :eek: :heehee: :doh:

But parachuting nuns would only be frightening to a point. A disguise emulating stern-faced, no-nonsense Jesuit priest schoolteachers ready to administer the strap at the slightest provocation - THAT would be scary! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Jorja
12-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Hmmm...sounds like something that would make for a suitable plot line for inclusion in a sequel to Inglorious Basterds. That would be typical of the kind of liberties the original film took with real history...

Now, how this rumour could ever have gotten traction even considering the paranoia and overwhelming fear of the Hun juggernaut prevailing at the time does leave one incredulous - I mean, wouldn't a brigade of nuns carrying MP40 assault rifles while goose-stepping down an English country lane not attract at least a few odd looks on its own? Granted, you Brits are used to all types of eccentric blokes wandering about in public - not to mention the occasional in-bred, upper class twit - but even this would be outside the norm. :eek: :heehee: :doh:

But parachuting nuns would only be frightening to a point. A disguise emulating stern-faced, no-nonsense Jesuit priest schoolteachers ready to administer the strap at the slightest provocation - THAT would be scary! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Oh, you knew my father?

StaceyJane
12-07-2011, 07:46 PM
How could everyone forget this classic!!!

YsaYkXdeMb8

BLUE ORCHID
12-07-2011, 09:40 PM
The thought of a whole company of Nuns dropping in with their knuckle-cracking rulers in hand is enough to shake the defenses of any nation. I shouldn't wonder that Catholicism waned in Britain after that.

In my imagination I see a group of nuns walking together along a rural road and everyone around them scattering for cover. A parting of the seas, if you will.

Oh, this lends itself to a great many more ridiculous metaphors. Thank you, Suzy.

Hi Susan, Lets don't bring up that Knuckle cracking $#!+ after 69yrs. my knuckles are finely starting to heal.

Orchid

docrobbysherry
12-07-2011, 09:50 PM
How could everyone forget this classic!!!

YsaYkXdeMb8

Ah yes! "La Cage au Nazi's"! A true classic!

Leslie Langford
12-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Oh, you knew my father?

Say what, Jorja?? Your father was a Jesuit priest??? Who knew??

And did seeing him dressed in his cassock every day help send you down that slippery slope towards your own transgenderism? ;) :doh: :eek: :heehee: :tongueout

Alice Torn
12-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Was not there a song, "Nuns with Guns?"

Sheila11
12-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Wait I think I got picture of those nuns

That's my sister from another mister.

Nelson
12-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Cross Dressing has very firm roots in the military ..... was that choice of words? Male soldiers quite often played female characters during war time plays.

shawnsheila
12-08-2011, 08:31 AM
I wonder if they used these nuns anywhere yet (though they are GGs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUQFX_IydG8

Cynthia Anne
12-08-2011, 08:47 AM
I tried to come up with a comment, but I'm left with nun! It's not that I find this nun interesting! But my mind is saying it's nun of my business! Hugs!