PDA

View Full Version : Jerks!

Aprilrain
12-07-2011, 05:11 PM
I officially "lost" someone today. Good riddance if you ask me.
It was this guy i have known since high school and haven't really liked since. Mostly because one never knows if one is hearing the truth from this individual or not, it gets old. Anyway he had been saying how much he missed (insert male name) he had said it on a couple of occasions I ignored it and basically thought to myself "sorry about your luck dude" The stupid thing about that is we never hang out haven't hung out since HS and have seen each other maybe a dozen times since then. The only time we talked was on FB. Anyway, on this day i was pissed about something my wife said and was feeling bitchy and hormonal so i took it out on this guy. I told him if he didn't like the new me he could shove off. that is when I got to read about how he really felt about people like us. Apparently I am only doing this to hurt the people who love me and im just hiding in a dress. hiding from what I don't know. I guess being a woman is out for me because I have big feet. I guess that is what he meant when he said, "look at your feet" I wear a size 12, yes I wish they were smaller but i have bigger problems than that! This is the kind of guy who when we would talk the first thing he would ask me was how big my tits were now then he would admit that he just couldn't understand how i could want to be with a man. (personally I feel sorry for his wife) I unfriended him and blocked him. BYE BYE AHOLE!

Launa
12-07-2011, 07:02 PM
He's gone now. Good ridance.

Longing2be-Trisha
12-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Hi April!

Good for you girl friend! Kick his sorry butt to the curb! Way to go!

Hugs

Kelly DeWinter
12-07-2011, 07:39 PM
I trimmed a few people from my life a few years ago, I feel much happier now. There is nothing worse then people who drag you down constantly ?

Julia_in_Pa
12-07-2011, 07:52 PM
:sad: Pigs are pigs.

Be happy he's gone. :)

Julia

Rianna Humble
12-07-2011, 08:03 PM
With "friends" like him, who needs enemies?

The old me tried linking up on facebook with people he had known in school, but I noticed that we didn't have much in common any longer. Guess it's true that we should go forwards not back.

robyn1114
12-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Good for you, who needs that kind of BS

stacycoral
12-07-2011, 08:37 PM
He's gone now. Good ridance.

I think the same way. You Go Girl

docrobbysherry
12-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Good for u, April! It sounds like you're LUCKY! I told my college girlfriend. We had kept in touch and been seeing each other on and off thru our 2 marriages and divorces. For nearly 40 years! She disappeared with barely a word said!

I don't feel so lucky!

donnalee
12-07-2011, 09:16 PM
You have a right to express your altruism, as long as you understand it is likely to bite you in the ass (and not in a good way). If helping people you really don't much care for (which includes staying in touch with them) is what you want to do out of kindness, more power to you; just don't expect much, you won't get it.
A boy saved a snake from freezing to death; he picked it up and put it under his jacket to keep it warm. As time went on, the boy and the snake became great friends. He took the snake everywhere with him under his coat, made sure he got the best of food and care; they were very happy. One day, without warning, the snake bit the boy. As he was dying, the boy cried "Why did you DO that? I thought we were friends!". The snake replied "You knew what I was when you picked me up!".

*Vanessa*
12-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Sorry to hear you ran into some crap April.

Aprilrain
12-07-2011, 09:43 PM
If this is the worst thing that happens to me im doing really good!

Melody Moore
12-07-2011, 10:40 PM
I have come across a few arrogant people like this and not just males and when I see this type of
arrogance, it's a simple case of "Talk to the hand" as I turn my back on them and walk away forever.

Over the past couple of months I had to run-ins with so-called friends and one in particular was having
a very bad day because creditors were chasing her for money & being the concerned & compassionate
neighbour I am, I went to see what was wrong when I heard her going off, slamming doors etc.

When I asked my neighbour what was wrong she told me about the threatening letters she was getting. I
advised her to contact them and make payment arrangements, however that is when she let fly with this
barrage of transphobic bigoted abuse which I believe was an outright attempt to try and make me feel as
bad as she felt. At that instance everything she ever really felt about me as a friend and neighbour was
summed up in less than a minute. Up until this point I had been sharing my Wireless ADSL Network with her
so she could connect to the internet and would give her milk, sugar, tobacco, toilet paper if she ran out.

But here is the irony in this situation, I didn't feel angry at her as much as I was sorry for her. First of all she
has got herself into massive amounts of debt which she cannot afford to repay obviously. Second of all, I knew
how she really felt about me, and our friendship was one of convenience to her if she ever needed something.

Realising how she really valued my friendship made me appreciate the value of what I had been giving to her
out of my own generosity which she was obviously exploiting. So I couldn't be angry for her being so honest
and making me realise that I needed to cut her right out of my life and start saving a bit more money.

So in the end I really thought it was a truly wonderful revelation. :)

Jorja
12-07-2011, 11:09 PM
From past experience, this may have been the first but will not be the last old acquaintance that will go by the wayside. Guess what? There are 7 billion people in this world. I am sure there is one out there that will be a good replacement.

Hold your head up high and be proud of who you are and who are becoming. You will have more than enough friends when your days are done.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
12-08-2011, 01:29 AM
I was told once, there are friends and there are acquaintances...then there is family, then others. True friends you basically can count on one hand, acquaintances are many and the family well thats another story.
I doubt you will ever notice his absence Aprilrain.

Jennifer Marie P.
12-08-2011, 08:28 AM
April you did good kick the pig out.

Traci Elizabeth
12-08-2011, 09:10 AM
I don't know why you are pissed at him?

After all, we need A-holes in our lives to motivate us to stay on course. And to remind us that 99.9% of A-holes are simply jealous twits who lack a backbone. I hope you did not waste your time telling him that your balls (even if you don't have any) are bigger than his because you have to courage to seek your own happiness while he wallows in the pit of regrets, miserableness, bigotry, and self-hatred!

CatAttack
12-08-2011, 09:45 AM
lol what a hater.. at least you only facebooked with him.

On the other hand, he could have said those things out of being hurt because you guys used to be friends in high school and now you are suddenly mad at him and tell him to shove off/leave forever :0

Koka
12-08-2011, 11:49 AM
I don't know why you are pissed at him?

After all, we need A-holes in our lives to motivate us to stay on course. And to remind us that 99.9% of A-holes are simply jealous twits who lack a backbone. I hope you did not waste your time telling him that your balls (even if you don't have any) are bigger than his because you have to courage to seek your own happiness while he wallows in the pit of regrets, miserableness, bigotry, and self-hatred!

Yes!!! - Well said !!

ReineD
12-08-2011, 05:59 PM
He doesn't get it, obviously. He sounds like one of the millions out there who think that gender dysphoria is curable, if he can only talk some "sense" into you.

We really do need to push for proper education about gender and sexual variance in schools. It's a crime to allow all this ignorance to fester.

Still, I commend him for saying that he misses the old you. At least he's getting in touch with his feelings rather than arbitrarily dissing you for your choices. Or, maybe he's thinking about your situation and transferring it to himself, like one mom might feel horrible upon hearing that another mom lost her kids. So maybe he spoke from a place of fear.

It's too bad there was no way of getting him to understand who you are. He sounds like he might have cared, if he could have been brought to get it. :sad:

Tara D. Rose
12-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Yes April, he is no longer a friend. I'm not really saying he's a bigot, but if he's not into you as a friend and accept who you are, then good ridance to him. I used to have around 100 friends when I was twenty. I got back stabbed and cut throat and betrayed and even framed by those I considered friends. When I turned 25, that friend list was reduced to 3 friends, for at that time I realised that just becasue you know a person's name, I called them a friend. Now I have none that I call friends. I do have a lot of associates. I like many of them, they call me a lot to play and sing in their bands, or advice on things or to go fishing, etc. But today everyone is at arm's length. I wish my parents had taught me this way of life when I was a child. I could have saved so much heartache. Let this person go, goodbye forever to him. Nothing benificial has been lost.
L&R.................Tara

Alyla
12-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Just some thoughts of my own. Nothing more. Take it for only that. I lost someone in the recent past. It matters not for what the event occurred. Be it father, brother, friend, old girlfriend, or in the future some one else whom at one time I was close to. I still feel it as my loss, wishing there was something I could have conjured out of the mist to prevent the occurence. We go through many feelings when we experience loss: grief, anger, healing, acceptance, and what I just spoke of wishing there was something I could have done to change it. Some times shit happens, it sucks, and we as people have to accept that we can't just change the world. Nature lead us on a pathway to change, one small step at a time, evolving into a new creation; we all need to breathe, accept ourselves and others with no excuses. Lay down gently the mantle of hate. This is meant to be kind words to the original poster, in that I feel your angst, I have gone through loss and will again, and I must endure, holding my self close, with respect, and accepting the choices another makes. It is a path I walk down in this thing called living, it is not easy all the time, sometimes it is much harder for others than I. But, I will walk it, my own road, my own way, I will reject the condemnation of others as I hoe my row. If I am asked for help, I will give it freely, but I will first ask, " How can I help?" If I can give you what you need I will do so. Gently, and no qualification needed. In the OP's case, It would be sad to lose an old friend, without some kind of truethfulness to the situation, it is very hard in a psychological way to not project our own emotions into a hurtful situation. I would say, "I am sorry to see you go. But I have my hopes that some day when can see eye to eye again."

peace and love to you all,
Alyla

This is just sad.

Aprilrain
12-08-2011, 09:20 PM
For both of us the truth can out in a moment of irritation. Frankly I hadn't liked the guy since High school. He slept with my GF while I was in rehab, he didn't come home until like 7 AM while on vacation with me, we didn't know where he was and my parents were worried sick. My dad doesn't put up with BS so when my "friend" tried to sweet talk my dad he got shot down instantly turns out he ditched my other friend and I to hook up with some girl, or at least so he said. Anyway to this day people who knew him in HS think LIAR when they think of this guy. So I was irritated and my dislike and lack of patients for him came out, I told him to shove off. I knew that would not be taken well but didn't care. He then proceeded to tell me what he really thought of me. In the end it was good, why waste time on people who are harboring i'll will toward you. As I was him and he was me.

Melody Moore
12-08-2011, 11:06 PM
April, its simple, people like this we can all do without :hugs: