PDA

View Full Version : Surprised en-DRAB

LeaP
12-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Walking into work this morning, I was lost in thought about something female presentation-related when I turned a corner to see someone in a suit and tie that I THOUGHT I knew. I inwardly jumped. The mask wasn't on and the wall was down! "You ain't got your mind right, Lea" spoke Boss Paul in my ear.

I survived. Tie is on. I nodded curtly to a few people already. My smiles are ... restrained.

So starts another day.

Lea

Maija
12-08-2011, 09:24 AM
What am I missing here?

Nelson
12-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Nicely written, the inner self, hiding, fretting while the exterior shell carries out the day to day rituals we are expected to perform. Love it

Cynthia Anne
12-08-2011, 09:44 AM
I guess it's time to wakeup and quit daydreaming and get the work over with! 'She' will be there when the day is over! Hugs!

LeaP
12-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Oh, it's definitely inner vs outer and not just daydreaming. The inner sense of self is ever-present. I can maintain both simultaneously, I just wasn't prepared. The feeling was akin to being outed inadvertently.

Lea

docrobbysherry
12-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Note to self:
"I MUST STOP wearing my size DD forms and 5" heels to work! Folks may be getting suspicious!"

michelleliz
12-08-2011, 11:48 AM
I did that I am now being it

donnatracey
12-08-2011, 10:31 PM
What am I missing here?

The same thing as me, Maija! ...........:doh:

Melody1985
12-09-2011, 12:41 AM
I could be completely off here;

Lea, are you saying that in you're mind you were Lea and expecting to see her as you maybe gazed into a mirror and saw your "drab" self or something to that degree.. I hate that I feel so slow right now lol.

LeaP
12-09-2011, 07:21 AM
I could be completely off here;

Lea, are you saying that in you're mind you were Lea and expecting to see her as you maybe gazed into a mirror and saw your "drab" self or something to that degree.. I hate that I feel so slow right now lol.

Not so much that as I was fully engaged in private thoughts and my guard was down. It's like taking a punch. When you're prepared, its amazing how hard you can be hit. When you're not, it's amazing how little can hurt you badly. The walk into work from the car is usually all about getting ready mentally. I often talk to myself (silently!) about being serious, and even make sure I "look" as I need to, walk as I need to, etc.

Thinking I recognized the guy and would have to talk with him flustered me. I wasn't prepared to go into a businesslike exchange. The fact that it was someone I didn't know just threw the whole scene into better focus. What I was reacting to, based entirely on the association between the guy's suit and the work world, was the need to go into full male mask mode. The bit about getting my mind right was a reference to Cool Hand Luke ("Luke" morphed into "Lea" for the quote). The significance of the reference is that as hard as Boss Paul (Strother Martin, the warden) tried to change Luke, almost beating him to death in the process, he could not.

I'm always dismayed by what I see in mirrors!

Lea

*Vanessa*
12-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Knowing the sole is best, living her is best of all. :)

Caution; Their are those that will think you are psychotic with your message and tell you about it.

Personally, I love the smile after the heart slows.