PDA

View Full Version : One step closer

Joanne_2003
10-23-2005, 06:58 PM
I went into a up-scale pharmacy with the cosmaticians at the make-up counter and asked them which eye shadow and lipstick would best match my skin tone. The lady just looked at me and said "are you dressing as a flambouyant hooker type" I said no I want to look like a regular woman. She took me over to the make-up and picked out three different colours of eye shadow and one lipstick and then explained how I should apply them to make me look properly.

I was very nervous at first but she was very polite and helpful, probably didn't hurt that Hallowe'en is just around the corner.

One step closer to realizing my desire to go out in public!:cheer: :be:

Shannon
10-23-2005, 07:01 PM
Congratulations Joanne -- nice that you got a cooperative sales clerk.

robinLynn
10-23-2005, 09:45 PM
nice job girlfriend

imagination96
10-23-2005, 10:46 PM
Congrats!!!!!

I've been considering doing this . . . the stories u other girls tell infuse me w/ confidence. Now would be the perfect time w/ Halloween being next week. Though I don't think I will be able to muster the courage . . . at least not by myself :( Plus I just spent nearly $100 on a couple outfuts the other day ;)

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-23-2005, 11:39 PM
Way to go, girlfriend! :cheer: With a few more steps like that you'll be out and about.

Imagination96, something to keep in mind is that the cosmetic counter girls are on commission and greed is a great motivator for tolerance. And believe, you're probably far from the first CD they've run into.

If you're nervous about other folks, you can do two things: 1) go to a mall that's a distance away from home, 2) play hooky and go during the day when it's slow (mornings are best since the high school kids are still in school).

melissacd
10-23-2005, 11:46 PM
Joanne,

Congratulations. That is such a wonderful achievement. From one Ontario gal to another I am so hapy for you.

Huggs
Melissa

Holly
10-24-2005, 12:46 AM
Congratulations, Joanne. Now when do we get to see the result of the advice and the colors that were selected for you? :D

Sissy Jay
10-24-2005, 01:21 AM
That is so neet! sounds like a lot of fun. I want to go with you next time. HEE HEE!!

Joanne_2003
10-24-2005, 06:01 AM
Holly,

I'm hoping to go for a drive (maybe get out and shop a little) this weekend with my SO. She has been great the last couple of months. I don't know if she'll balk at photographing me. But as soon as she will you'll see them.

Abby Lauren
10-24-2005, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the wonderful post. I've thought of doing that often but haven't mustered the courage yet. Who knows? Maybe soon.
Hugs,
Abby

Gemma Rhodes
10-24-2005, 08:22 AM
Hi Joanne,

A similar thing happened to me not too long ago. I went into a local high store chemist in drab to buy some more foundation and the sales assistant asked if it was for me. I went bright red (as I do) and admitted it. She was fantastic though and I came away with a new eyeliner and lippy too and she told me to come back and see her whenever I needed any more make-up.

I have since been back and bought some eyeshadow and lipgloss too. She was so cool about it as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

This happened before I made my debut but I have since been out and it is such a buzz that I have now been for a drive en femme and have another 3 outings lined up next month.

Gemma x

uknowhoo
10-24-2005, 08:27 AM
very cool, indeed. :D

Kim E
10-24-2005, 05:02 PM
That is a big step forward. You deserve a lot of credit. Nice going !!

Hugs ~ Kim

Joanne_2003
10-26-2005, 07:24 PM
I asked her if she would go out shopping with Joanne this weekend (first time we discussed me going out). She said as long as it wasn't in our hometown area. Hopefully I don't chicken out now!:D