PDA

View Full Version : Today I was "Missed", "Maamed" and "sirred"

Michelle James
12-08-2011, 07:06 PM
All during the same conversation.

I went to Walgreen's to bu Diet Coke that they have on sale. When I got to the register the male cashier said "is that all Miss". I said it was and he rand up my purchase and said "that comes to $4.40 Maam. I handed him a $10 and as he handed me my change he said "sir don't forget your change". I turned and looked at him and he handed me my change while aplologizing and something about it being a long day. I said don't worry about it I get that all the time. We both had a good laugh and I left. If he only knew the truth. LOL

RenneB
12-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Wow that was great way of handling it girl... I love it when I get ma'amed. Doesn't happen often but then I'm still shying away from real human contact even while shopping.....

Renne.....

AllieSF
12-08-2011, 08:30 PM
I have had the same experience, but never from the same person. That is something and you handled just perfectly in my opinion. All I care about is that those persons try their best. Even I use the wrong pronouns with some of my friends. Just one of those age related brain freezes that I get around certain people.

Cherry Lynn
12-08-2011, 11:31 PM
I went to Sonic tonight to get something to eat and when the guy brought me my food he maamed me. I have shoulder length hair but balding on top and front. I had my 1 1/4" hoops in and my fem ruby ring on my left hand but drab otherwise considering he could not see I was underdressed. Sure made my night.

Beverley Sims
12-08-2011, 11:54 PM
I got a "hello ladies over here, oh sorry sir."
I replied "Its my camera bag and coat, gets them every time."
He laughed and I went through security at the Smithsonian.
I did not wear a bra as security in Washington can hold a few suprises sometimes.

donnalee
12-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Think of it! All that bragging on this forum about being "Ma'amed",, and it turns out to be just a case of exhaustion!