PDA

View Full Version : It's just naturally "me"

Princess Chantal
12-09-2011, 04:08 AM
I've read many posts on this forum that mention something like "inner girl" and was wondering for those that weigh more on the crossdressing side than the transexual side of the transgender spectrum:
What do you assume are your feminine mannerisms, traits, and movements that come to you naturally?

AllieSF
12-09-2011, 03:29 PM
I once saw a pic of myself at a party. The face looked fine, but the way I was sitting and was holding my arms and hands looked very flamer gay (i.e. feminine). That was before I ever knew I wanted to dress like a woman. I have a very engaging way of conversing with others and because of that I tend to notice that women will talk and reveal more to me than they will to another man. When dressed this is only amplified many times, because I think I become a different but non-threatening persona to women that makes it easier for them to let go and be more themselves with me than with men in general. I have always naturally been able to cross my legs, almost as well as a woman. There may be other things that I do, but I do not notice them.

Karren H
12-09-2011, 03:39 PM
I wouldn't label my mannerisms and traits that feminine. Though my wife seems to think so... But they are natural... Nothing changes when I change my clothes but my looks.

DonnaT
12-09-2011, 03:54 PM
I reckon I display some natural fem mannerisms, such as how I sit or use stairs, but only when dressed, except for crying in either mode.

suchacutie
12-09-2011, 04:11 PM
It might be that I used to mix my mannerisms, but after 6 years with Tina it's hard to remember back then. This is because I now understand the word "deportment". I'm so aware of what Tina does to blend in on the feminine side, that I've now eliminated any of that from my masculine side, if it had existed before. I really do separate my gendered selves, so my male side probably looks more male than it did before. This is a good question for my wife!

Sheren Kelly
12-09-2011, 04:21 PM
I have been trying to accomodate more feminine mannerisms in my everyday life; relaxing into femininity rather than forcing it. Dressing in femme clothes expedites this process, as I abandon any macho fascade and just be me (not too femme, not too butch...).

Barbara Dugan
12-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Since I was a kid my mannerisms always got me in trouble and were reason of concern for my parents eventually I learned to hide them but when I dress they just feel rigth on place

Jilmac
12-09-2011, 10:45 PM
I do a lot of hand jesturing as i talk. Whenever I sit I cross my legs like a girl and keep my hands on my lap. If I'm sitting with legs uncrossed they are always closed whether I'm wearing a skirt, slacks, or in guy mode.

Princess Chantal
12-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Hmmm,
Is crossing your legs at the knees a truly natural trait or is it a habit people pick up (by this I mean influenced by society somehow)?
The reason for the questioning is that I observed that my young neices (6 and 8) tend to cross their legs at the ankles and not at the knees (when they are not sitting on their one leg :heehee:). My older neice (13) has just started to cross at the knees, but still tends to start off at the ankle crossing before adjusting to the knee crossing.

A couple sitting positions that I noticed from the young girls to the teen girls to the adult women are the "S" sitting position posture and sitting at front of the chair with their upper backs/shoulders not touching the back of the chair.

Frédérique
12-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Is crossing your legs at the knees a truly natural trait or is it a habit people pick up (by this I mean influenced by society somehow)?

I’ve always crossed my legs at the knee – I have no idea why, so I assume it’s a natural trait (are there un-natural traits?). I go to great lengths to demonstrate my non-maleness by keeping my legs together at all times, especially in the company of other males, a rare event these days. Men always seem to have their knees wide apart, unless the male is intellectual, effeminate, or unconcerned with providing space for his “package.” How masculine!

Of course, if a male drops something (usually food) between his legs, he will snap them shut to trap the object, the aforementioned package be damned. Back in prehistoric times, when I was in school, I noticed that girls would do exactly the opposite. Since she would invariably be wearing a skirt or a dress (I go WAY back), a girl would pull her knees apart if she dropped something lap-wards, and make her female garment into a wide trampoline, trapping the offending object with little muss or fuss. I do the same; in fact it all seems very natural to me…
:battingeyelashes: