PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Mirror...

gina13
10-23-2005, 10:25 PM
Just a thought about my love of mirrors and narcississm :c9: and vanity:)
love to hear some thoughts on the subject from my sisters k? hugs...

andreaboots
10-23-2005, 10:43 PM
Hey gal! Yep, when I dress I always scope out myself in the mirrors. My studio has three and I continually practice stances, walking and general posing. I actually get very excited and aroused because of the relective image of myself because it's not something I'm able to indulge in frequently, looking that is. But it also helps me put myself in the perspective of another person gazing at me, it helps me to make the right moves...I think. Anyway it's a cool tool to use when doing self critiques. Use it often!!! Hugs! XXXX:thumbsup:

imagination96
10-23-2005, 10:46 PM
I constantly practice walking in front of a full length mirror :D

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-24-2005, 12:33 AM
Well I think looking good/feeling sexy is definitely one motivation for CDing -- it lets us be vain in a way that's not as acceptable while en homme. After all "pretty boy" is still usually considered an insult.

And the mirror is tangible proof of our transformation. Both for those who dress to make the outside reflect what they're feeling on the inside, as well as those who use the external changes to trigger internal changes in how they feel.

But GG recently made an asute observation that the flip side of it may be insecurity over our looks. (Which I for one will own up to.) We're prone to the same anxieties of not looking like a cover girl that GGs are -- and most of us have even further to go to look like [insert favorite fashion model here]. So we look and look in an effort in hopes the magic mirror will show us the image we'd like to see.

Shannon
10-24-2005, 08:00 AM
I too enjoy the 'eye candy' of looking in the mirror to see my transformation, practice my poses and walking, and to better enjoy my outfits. Sometimes I don't like the mirror's honesty -- but that always sends me back to fine-tune my makeup and clothing. And the mirror seems to constantly be telling me that I need more of something -- the little accessories like a necklace and bracelet, or that I forgot my nails.

TGMarla
10-24-2005, 08:36 AM
When I dress, I want a full-length mirror around. I want to see the woman reflecting back at me from head to toe. Heck, my shoes are pretty, too! I'm sure that the need to see the transformation, and the "mirror, mirror" syndrome is somewhere in there, too. I like to see my dresses fly around when I give them a twirl. It's a girl thing, I guess. I like my makeup to be just so, and my hair to be right. Gotta have a mirror!

JoAnnDallas
10-24-2005, 08:40 AM
Before I go out dressed, I always look at myself in the mirror. If I don't like what I see, I make a change of clothing or shoes or redo my makeup. Then I stand in front of the mirror and look again. It might take me 10 minutes in front of the mirror before I am satisfied that everything is right and it's time to go out.
Now in drab mode, I hardly look at myself in the mirror. LOL

Sophie Haworth
10-24-2005, 04:23 PM
I will admit to 7 full length mirrors that I position wherever, some reflect themsleves and I see myself "unexpectedly" in another one.

And guess what, I do not consider myself vain!

It is one way of trying to make sure I look the part, I do not wish to see any sign of a man in them.

Sophie.

Faye Emmette
10-24-2005, 07:52 PM
Oh Dears,
Could you imagine it !! I certainly can't as we need our mirrors to inspect the correctness of our creation. Brastrap adjustment, lining up stocking tops, buttons in the middle of the skirt, hair and makeup.
I do think it would be a very few of us here who don't have a good supply of mirrors.

jessi girl
10-24-2005, 07:58 PM
ah , my mirrors...if they could only talk, oh the tales they would tell!

Faye Emmette
10-24-2005, 08:09 PM
ah , my mirrors...if they could only talk, oh the tales they would tell!
:thumbsup: :) :angel: :eek: :p Good one Jess.