PDA

View Full Version : Losing your man-card

Jonianne
12-10-2011, 11:01 AM
I was at my company's Christmas party and during the small talk around our table, someone jokingly mentioned about someone else "He could lose his man card for that!".

Several of my fellow employees know I cd and I wear obvious womens cloths much of the time so I was thinking how I would respond if it was mentioned to me.

I was thinking my quick answer could be, "I know I put it in my purse, but I just can't find it anywhere now!"

When did you lose your man-card (ladies-card if FtM) and what would be your response?

tiffanyjo89
12-10-2011, 11:07 AM
From what I've read about "man cards" I don't think I ever had one issued to me...

Lorileah
12-10-2011, 11:10 AM
I am not sure I ever had one. When I was underage I had a fake one that I used to go places that checked. If I ever did have a real one I didn't renew it and it has lapsed, but so far I have not been stopped and asked to show it.

My response? I lent it to _________, and his wife took it from him.

Kim_Bitzflick
12-10-2011, 11:15 AM
I lost mine when I got married........yes dear.

Barbara Ella
12-10-2011, 11:29 AM
I know I had one, but I never got it punched. Do you validate?

Babes

Raychel
12-10-2011, 11:32 AM
I applied for one years ago, Before I got married, But they somehow found out that I liked to wear womens clothes, and rejected my application.

That is fine with me, I don't really care for those macho jerks anyway.

5150 Girl
12-10-2011, 11:36 AM
I like the line about loosin it in your purse.

However I may be tempted to reply, YOu wanna revoke my man card? you can have it!!!

erickka
12-10-2011, 11:47 AM
I lost mine when I got married........yes dear.

Ha Ha! So true! I'm in the same boat, but I don't regret losing it 30 years ago....My wifey is the greatest!

docrobbysherry
12-10-2011, 12:00 PM
When did they hand them out? I must have missed school that day!

Cynthia Anne
12-10-2011, 12:19 PM
I never wanted to be a man so I never applied for a card!

Longing2be-Trisha
12-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Mine was to heavy to carry it, so I mailed it. It most have got lost in the mail, it never showed up when it was supposed too.

Hugs

Misti
12-10-2011, 12:40 PM
When did they hand them out? I must have missed school that day!
I was standing behind the door when they were handing those out!
BTW I also missed out when they asked me, "Do you want Brains or Trains?" I quickly replied, "Trains, I've already got those other things?" :brolleyes:

Seems, I missed out in both places. :daydreaming:

Jocelyn Quivers
12-10-2011, 01:41 PM
I think mine expired around 2001 when a collection agency withdrew most of my testosterone.

Marissa
12-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Uhhhh..same as always..look humble and say "My http://messengerfreak.com/emoticons/animals/dog65766.gifate it..yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!" :D

Elizabeth Ann
12-10-2011, 01:58 PM
I think I would just look them in the eye, smile, and say, "they come in all colors."

Liz

GeorgiaHall
12-10-2011, 02:04 PM
My response? I lent it to _________, and his wife took it from him.

Now that would be a great reply!

CynthiaD
12-10-2011, 03:19 PM
My man-card was always a fake ID, so if I lose it, I just make another one.

StevieTV
12-10-2011, 03:22 PM
I was in the other line when they were issuing it. I never got one.

DanaR
12-10-2011, 03:27 PM
That was the pink one, right?

drushin703
12-10-2011, 04:01 PM
I used mine to scrape the ice off the winshild of my pink cadillac......dana

Babette
12-10-2011, 04:07 PM
I got six of them when they were first issued because I looked so mean and ornery. That way I can keep one in each of my purses.

Babette

Eryn
12-10-2011, 04:23 PM
If a "man card" is a certification of being a Confident Male I think mine is in pretty good shape. None of those "macho" guys who talk about "man cards" would have the courage to put on a dress and walk through a crowded shopping mall, let alone enjoy the experience!

Beth Mays
12-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Still have mine but thinking about trade'n it in... Big dose of happyness!

Mrs Roads
12-10-2011, 04:46 PM
I never wanted to be a man so I never applied for a card!

I hear you on that one girl. For me, I'm totally WOMAN!!!!

AnitaH
12-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Man card? Don't believe that I was ever issued one of them things. Must be sitting on some bureaucrats desk yet. Never did trust those government agencies.

AnitaH

KellyJameson
12-10-2011, 10:47 PM
I do not need a man card because I have my dance card and any man who wants to dance with me because I do not have my man card will soon learn that his card has expired along with the rest of him. Just Kidding, I'm harmless (more or less)

Frédérique
12-10-2011, 11:13 PM
When did you lose your man-card and what would be your response?

I never had a man-card. I never wanted one. I’ve avoided the company of typical males since day one, so I haven’t had to endure having my effeminate personality modified by dim-witted masculine companions. If someone said to me, “One more offense and we’re going to take away your man card,” I would say something like “Good luck finding it!” or “GET A LIFE!!!”
:hmph:

I find this idea of men keeping other men on track by watching for any signs of effeminate behavior, and then acting upon the slightest detected offense, to be sad and amusing at the same time. It’s the ones who side-step such nonsense that will be remembered, and the cattle-like males who perpetuate their own insecurity through others will never cause even a ripple of interest in the pond of experience. I think any male who is afraid of effeminacy should turn in his HUMAN card, and make it snappy…
:straightface:

suchacutie
12-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Oh, I have one all right, but I wouldn't have to say a word to those creeps. I'd just be smiling as my wife would have already decked them!

:)

April_Ligeia
12-10-2011, 11:47 PM
This makes me laugh. There is so much of 'male' behavior that sickens me, but I feel that, quite frankly, even dressed completely femme I would take their 'man-cards' from them.

SarahLynn
12-11-2011, 12:11 AM
A "man card"?????? Is that anything like my military ID card. I mean who thought that one up. I hear many of you suggesting it might have been issued to you, so i have to wonder, did they issue them in "boot camp"??? And if so did i somehow miss the issue?? Perhaps i was at the dentist during that phase. Or i might have been at the range and the other half of the company was issued one, and the half i was in didn't get that issue because we went to the barber next. Perhaps that is why i don't have one. Regardless i don't have a man card and truth be i don't want one. If i had a "man card" then i'd have to be a selfish bast**d who was always put'n down wimmin. 'specially when they show emotion. I'd have to give up show'n emotion and hav'n feelings, and being intelligent, and being able to perform three or more tasks at one time. I'd even have to have hair on my legs and chest and pits and face. Might even have to look and act like some jackazz on a Harley.

BTW does anyone here know the difference between the Harley Davidson company and the Hoover company???

Hoover puts the dirtbag on the inside.

SarahLynn

KylieA
12-11-2011, 02:23 PM
I don't remember when I lost. Maybe 5-10 years ago when I started wearing womens shoes/heals with my jeans. Or maybe when back in high school when I was a band geek instead of an athlete. Our school was a little better the average because we had soccer instead of football. Yep an American high school without football. Or maybe it was back in first grade when I dressed up as a witch.

Sarah Doepner
12-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Mine is still valid, but worn around the corners. Fortunately the standards to get one are so depressingly low I think they could probably drop them in bales from airplanes and everyone could have one.

StarrOfDelite
12-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Thanks to the many people who posted so many clever comebacks. I enjoyed them all. My visceral reaction to the whole scene that the OP described was something to the effect that I'm glad I vowed to never drink another Miller Light Beer after I saw the first of those odious commercials.

Acastina
12-11-2011, 04:32 PM
I think I burned mine on the courthouse steps back in the 70s in protest. Don't wanna be a member of a club that would have me as a member, especially not that one.

"BTW does anyone here know the difference between the Harley Davidson company and the Hoover company???" How are the two companies alike? Both make products that suck? (It's a JOKE, Harley fans.)

Know the difference between a cactus and a BMW? On a cactus the pricks are on the outside...

Eryn
12-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Another way of putting it:

I have a valid man-card with a woman endorsement! :)

Dawn cd
12-11-2011, 05:18 PM
I only carry a Human Card. It's valid wherever I choose to go.

Michelle 2
12-11-2011, 07:36 PM
I had to use the little girls room and when I finished the line was to long to recieve mine. I thought I would go back early the next morning when the line would be shorter but I forgot. Oh well!

Michelle

Aprilrain
12-11-2011, 09:29 PM
if I had one thank god its gone!!!

Jonianne
12-11-2011, 11:06 PM
I think I burned mine on the courthouse steps back in the 70s in protest.....

Thanks for all the fun replies. Isn't it great to not have to be confined to someone else's idea of who we should be.

sissystephanie
12-11-2011, 11:17 PM
I have never had a "Man" card and don't care to have one!! I know that I am a male, no matter what clothes I have on and that is all that matters! If someone told me that I needed one, I would take it and then burn it!!

Tracii G
12-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Never thought I needed one.

kynw08
12-12-2011, 12:42 AM
LOL Like I told a friend the other day, The only difference in what I do now vs what I would do if I could snap my fingers and become female, I would have cuter outfits to fish in and wear heels to the rc field occasionally :P. I hate the gender stereo typing acitvities :P

donnatracey
12-12-2011, 02:16 AM
What is this "man card" of which you speak? Must be a generational thing...have never heard of it.......:eek:

Diane Smith
12-12-2011, 02:28 AM
I was hiding in the ladies' room when they handed them out.

- Diane

LaurenB
12-12-2011, 07:00 AM
I think mine was revoked recently when I admitted at work that I bought an electric chain saw instead of a gas one (because I can't stand gas powered things). They always knew I was kinda funny, ya know? If they only really knew how funny I am...

FYI: my 16" electric chain saw rocks...

noeleena
12-12-2011, 07:10 AM
Hi,

A MAN .... card you's got me there, not know what a man is , what would i need one for . did you say chain saws you mean for cutting down 4 ft wide 100 ft high tree's hey thats a womans job , been there done that,

Do i have to prove im a woman to have a womans card,..... He ...He.....gee, what did i miss.....

...noeleena...

Dannigirl
12-12-2011, 07:14 AM
Mine got torn in half and I keep the half I still have nicely tucked in my lacy bra !

LeaP
12-12-2011, 07:18 AM
There's an app for that:

http://officialmancard.com/app/

Lea

Tina B.
12-12-2011, 08:51 AM
I was suppose to get a man card, but when I was six I traded the option to a girl in my first grade class for a pair of panties, I guess she picked it up.
Tina B.

Diane Smith
12-13-2011, 01:45 AM
FYI: my 16" electric chain saw rocks...

That's hilarious -- I, too, avoid gas powered equipment as much as possible, and have an electric mower and a chain saw I bought a couple of years ago. You could kind of see the disapproval in the eyes of the guy checking me out at Farm and Fleet as he pictured me wielding such a girly instrument -- but it's lightweight and works really well for my light-duty jobs.

- Diane

GBJoker
12-13-2011, 01:58 AM
I do not believe I has "lost my 'man-card,'" whatever that is. At least, no one has said such to me before.

I also think that most people wouldn't have the guts to say that to my face either for some reason... It must be the scars. You wanna know how I got these scars?

Eryn
12-13-2011, 02:15 AM
Hey, I like my electric chain saw too! For the once or twice a year I need such a tool it is nice to just plug it in and have it work. If I had a gas saw I'd have to fix something on it every time I used it!

Eryn

Donniesr
12-13-2011, 04:28 AM
If a "man card" is a certification of being a Confident Male I think mine is in pretty good shape. None of those "macho" guys who talk about "man cards" would have the courage to put on a dress and walk through a crowded shopping mall, let alone enjoy the experience!

man card? what man card? I ain't got no man card..I don't need no stinkin man card...
I agree,, lat the mancard holders put on a dress and go to the mall...see ya there...

Loni
12-13-2011, 08:20 AM
not sure if i ever had one, wait a bit while i dig through my purse to see if it is in there. should be here everything else is in here.
lets see now...1/2 stick of gum, tissue, tweezers, nail files, pocket wallet, hair brush, more tissue, pens, writing pens, nail polish, tape, here hold these square soft things (medical need)., hand lotion, disposable tooth brushes, eye glasses, nose spray, breathing inhaler, small flashlight (i live in the country),comb, lip gloss, recorder, straws, etc you get the picture..

Donniesr
12-13-2011, 08:30 AM
not sure if i ever had one, wait a bit while i dig through my purse to see if it is in there. should be here everything else is in here.
lets see now...1/2 stick of gum, tissue, tweezers, nail files, pocket wallet, hair brush, more tissue, pens, writing pens, nail polish, tape, here hold these square soft things (medical need)., hand lotion, disposable tooth brushes, eye glasses, nose spray, breathing inhaler, small flashlight (i live in the country),comb, lip gloss, recorder, straws, etc you get the picture..

HMMMM but no man card huh?? see ya at the mall!!

stacycoral
12-13-2011, 12:55 PM
I don't remember but i think back in junior high, i was sick that day, owell, i still hae that militrary id, will it work.

Allisa
12-17-2011, 07:14 PM
I don't believe I have ever heard that term before in any of my conversations with male friends and co-workers.If they were handed out at birth I'm sure I have one somewhere but out grew it when I started to use my brain in an intelligent manor"so easy a caveman can do it".One question,do they have woman cards? If so can I get my learners permit?

Jeannie
12-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Let me save you the trouble of revoking my "man card", I am willfully turning mine in.

Brynn_A
12-17-2011, 08:00 PM
**rummages through her purse..grrrr. Dashes over to the vanity to look in the make-up drawer, "It's gotta be here somewhere!"** "Oh good grief, I have no idea where I lost it.

Daphne Renee
12-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Man card? You mean they still issue those? why am I always the last to know about these things. :)

JohnH
12-17-2011, 09:54 PM
Man card? Don't believe that I was ever issued one of them things. Must be sitting on some bureaucrats desk yet. Never did trust those government agencies.

AnitaH

Same here for me! My wife KNOWS for sure that one of those things was never issued to me!

Johanna

Amanda Nicole
12-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Don't have one...never did. So nobody can revoke it!

Melissa.Lynn88
12-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Not sure I ever had one or even really needed one.

darci.c
12-18-2011, 04:55 PM
"Where's my man card? I know I put it in my purse..."

LOL! Perfect.

gabimartini
12-18-2011, 07:08 PM
I still have mine, but you can keep it for the bonfire... ;)

ArleneRaquel
12-18-2011, 07:11 PM
My " man card " was turned in in 2004, that's when I went 24/7 permanetly, after a couple of false starts. I have no regrets.

BRANDYJ
12-18-2011, 07:16 PM
I don't have one either. But I sure don't need one. It's plan to see I am a man....well at least 99% of the time. It's kind of like...
If ya have to tell everyone you are a real man, then you can bet that person isn't.

abigailf
12-18-2011, 07:19 PM
Man card? Not sure about that. I had the joker, but I never really knew what gender it was.

Joann Smith
12-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Got mine....keep it in my bra next to the foldin money..

Sue Too
12-18-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm not sure I ever had one but if I did I lost it in 1984 when I first put my hand in my wives lingerie drawer. I've never been the same since. Hi Joni!!

Susan in Phoenix

MonicaJean
12-18-2011, 09:03 PM
I ask questions like:
"Why is she wearing that skirt with that blouse?"
"Would those heels look good on me?"
"I wonder if that gal would like to role play?"
"Those hose are CUTE on her! I wonder how they'd feel on my legs?"
"I'm in the mood for some Barely Black Silk Reflections right now!"
"I wonder which guys in this meeting are CD'ers, too?"
"Perhaps it would be fun to make love to another TGal?"
"pink panties or blue panties under my jeans today?"
"I want to lose weight to look like her...(not him)..."

Do any of those revoke my man card? If so, I'm guilty. But really, no one knows what goes on in my mind :)

Revoke it if need be but I'll still won't stop thinking such things. :)

Ashley Lynn Swift
12-18-2011, 09:32 PM
I never had a man card of that I'm sure. I was given a rainbow card instead, then at age 13, I got the Lil Miss Smartass endorsement added to it

PretzelGirl
12-18-2011, 09:40 PM
A girl beat me up in high school and took it.