PDA

View Full Version : Outed at Parts Store

DinaMature
12-10-2011, 04:52 PM
I was in an auto parts store and the young girl at the checkout noticed my painted nails. She first called them festive and then after a moment asked me why. Aware of the many other citizens around me, I just responded, "I'm colorfull that way".
I was back within the hour, returning a borrowed tool and she recognized me right away. While she was processing my return, I pulled out my phone and presented her with a shot of me dressed. It's one I've posted here; one where I really like the look I created.
She did a hard double take, then asked, "that's you?", not quite believing it. I acknowledged that it was me.
She then said that she was baffled and offered the ubiquitous, "Whatever makes you happy". All in all, I can't say I changed her perspective any but I gave it a try.
Don't know that I really accomplished anything but I've cracked a little harder at the shell around us all.

Nicole Erin
12-10-2011, 04:56 PM
the younger generation seems more accepting of TG. Of course around their friends they might still have a laugh but one on one they don't make a fuss or turn the other way like some of the older gen.

Cynthia Anne
12-10-2011, 07:20 PM
You go girl! Always be proud of who you are! Hugs!

BethCD
12-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Dina, Thank you for being honest about yourself.You have presented yourself in a true light making us more believable. This is really helpful.

Beth