PDA

View Full Version : First time out, an adventure to Walmart

smeat
12-10-2011, 05:13 PM
I finally decided to take the plunge and go in public. I have been practicing my walk, talk, and appearance, and wanted to put it to the test.

The plan was pretty simple: go to Walmart, get a frozen pizza and a few other items, then leave using the self checkout lane. Minimal time in the store, and minimal personal interaction.

Walmart had different plans.

After spotting the pizza I wanted, I opened the glass door, and an avalanche of pizzas came flying out! I involuntarily made a muted screaming noise, and a nearby male shopper came over quickly and joked "guess you get five for one!"

I composed myself, smiled, replaced the pizzas and kept going.

At this point I noticed that nobody really was paying much attention to me. Good. I was blending in! A glance from a guy here or there, but that's pretty normal for a female shopper. It was like I was invisible to the ladies, they never even looked at me.

Checkout time... and BIG lines. All of the self checkouts were out of order. A voice in my head started yelling "This wasn't part of the plan! Leave the cart! Just walk out before something bad happens!"

I stuck with it, and got in line. While waiting I kept calm, composed. A little kid in front of me kept looking back and staring at me. I looked at her and smiled, and she hid behind her mother. An older lady behind me bumped my butt with her cart a few times. I glanced back and she said "Oh! I'm sorry!!" I smiled and said "It's OK!" as femme as I could, but it came out as a squeak.

I finally got to the cashier. I had a pizza, a gallon of milk, and a ladies top which i snagged near the checkout line. She was completely indifferent to everything, and even put my groceries in the cart, which has never, ever happened to me as a guy at Walmart.

I paid and left, and even managed to squeak a "thank you" to the cashier as I walked away.

It was a big step for me, and a huge learning experience. My heart was pounding during checkout. So many people standing around bored, looking at everyone else. Was I spotted? Were guys checking me out? I hadn't planned on talking to anyone, but in a venue like a crowded grocery store, it can hardly be avoided. It was intense... and fun. I can't wait until I'm confident and convincing enough to chat up the cashier or random strangers at the store.

Now I'm home and relieved and just exhilarated by the whole experience. I took a couple phone pics right after I got home to show you all. Thanks for listening!

StaceyJane
12-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Such a great start. When I first started going out I went to Walmart at 2AM.

Carla Stevens
12-10-2011, 05:37 PM
I think that that will have to be my next big step...interacting with others, not just the girls I've met at the Crossdressing shop that I've been to dressed.
I do need to work on my voice as that will definately be the giveaway when I open my mouth.:doh:

Annie D
12-10-2011, 05:39 PM
You look great! Don't worry about going to Walmart; I do all the grocery shopping for my family as Annie and the produce clerk knows me by name. I did Thanksgiving shopping and was telling that the kids were coming in from college and they would probably eat and run to their friends houses to "hook up". From your posted pictures, you look better than I do and you were dressed perfectly and blended in, I'm sure. Keep it up but don't wait too long or you'll be just as fearful as your first time. It gets easier and easier.

We are all proud of you!

stacycoral
12-10-2011, 05:47 PM
you look great, and it sounds like you really had fun, See you are a girl, congrats, can't wait to hear about your next adventure.

drag n fly
12-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Way to go Smeat...My adventures in Walmart were done in drab...But I IDed with the waiting in line with my female duds in hand...Wondering what the necks in line near me were thinking..I got a few looks, but hey...That's their problem.. You look nice...Casual and perfectly female...smooches Jackie

Piora
12-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Oh, no wonder you had no trouble....you look like a lot of women who are out shopping this time of year. You look like a woman dressed up to be warm. Very passable! Good for you, though. You should be proud!

Nelson
12-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Awesome girl! .... lol. Murphy's Law strikes again but you handled beautifully. I've been out twice in "public", once sporting a three day growth... was pretty funny, but I don't really count them. My big day is in July 2012, my b'day. Should have it all down pat by then.

Congrats honey, you've pulled it off marvellously.

Cynthia Anne
12-10-2011, 06:17 PM
When the unexspected goes that smooth you know you are ready for anything! Keep smileing and keep going for you look very nice! Hugs!

Eryn
12-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Your outfit is perfect for the situation! Where are you planning to go next?

Kaz
12-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Brilliant! So well done! Most people are so engrossed in their own world at the checkout... kids... different... the strategy with them is to smile and joke around a bit or ignore them. One or the other... no in between. Kids will do this with anyone and everyone.

You do look great! Enjoy!

Beth Mays
12-10-2011, 06:29 PM
I do need to work on my voice as that will definately be the giveaway when I open my mouth.:doh:

One thing that would work for me is I know Sign Language!

smeat
12-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Thanks everyone!

Your outfit is perfect for the situation! Where are you planning to go next?

I'm going out tomorrow to one of the local low-budget clothing shops that I frequent, perhaps to the grocery store too. I'm definitely hooked!

Barbara Ella
12-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Great job Smeat. I am convinced we overplan, and life always gets in the way. With your smile and the sparkle in your eyes you will have no problem in expanding your excursions. Keep up the good work and let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Babes

Butterfly Bill
12-10-2011, 07:58 PM
If you go to Wal-Mart, you might get on this site:

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/category/walmart-fashion

cassandra54
12-10-2011, 09:05 PM
been to wal mart twice since september. the last time a guy said, "are you in line maam?" i thought that was cool

RenneB
12-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Ya that walm*rt is somethin else. But this is a first time out and about. Great job girl. It took me a little longer to get to that point and I'm still in the early stages of the adventures.. Uscan is one thing but being bumped into the human contact line is something else, I know just how you feel. You're little heart should be down to normal beatting levels by now I hope. After a few more trips there'll be no stopping you girl... Oh, then there is that credit limit I guess... LOL.

Renne.....

Daphne Renee
12-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Glad everything worked out well for you. Hope you get to go out again soon.

jillleanne
12-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Yep, Samantha is hooked. lol Welcome out hon. It's a whole new world from here on out.

donnatracey
12-11-2011, 02:27 AM
Good job, Samantha! You handled the "curve balls" Walmart threw at you very well and your look was perfect to blend in....:)

DanaR
12-11-2011, 05:00 AM
Thanks everyone!

I'm going out tomorrow to one of the local low-budget clothing shops that I frequent, perhaps to the grocery store too. I'm definitely hooked!

You will find that it gets easier the more you go out. BTW, you look good.

ashlylynn
12-11-2011, 05:58 AM
Great outfit! You fit right in there!

ashleyflats
12-11-2011, 08:54 AM
Congrats! Sounds like you had a great time, keep it up!

IamSara
12-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Samantha,
You look great and congrats on going out for your first time. I certainly is addicting once you get out. You will never be sorry that you have taken this step. There will be bumps in the road but you will get over them, just enjoy yourself and you will get more confident as time goes on. Dont worry so much about your voice you will get more confident in that also.

karynspanties
12-11-2011, 11:35 AM
What is it with crossdressers and Walmart? Have any of you ever seen poepleofwalmart.com? You just may end up on that site if your not careful.