PDA

View Full Version : Huge Breakthrough with the Wife

LisaKarenAZ
12-11-2011, 08:34 AM
I have been out to the wife for a few years now and she has been totally unaccepting of my dressing, until these past couple of years.

Last year, it was the gift of panties 24/7.

Earlier this year, it was the gift of pedis with clear nail polish.

I started shaving my legs a couple of weeks ago, as well as having my toes painted. She had noticed late last week on both and asked me about it. She said she didn't really care. She has had shifting levels of acceptance over the years, from weak tolerance to freak out wanting a divorce angry. I had reserved excitement about ths because of her past emotional roller coaster, so I was hesitant to show in front of her.

And yesterday was the biggest gift of all.
I got in the shower and shaved the legs. As I was finishing my shower, she came in the bathroom to put her hair up and put on some deodorant. Me not wanting her to see the legs and nails delayed me finishing my shower.

I got out, dried off, wrapped my waist with my towel and shuffled to my sink with the bath mat over my toes. (Not trying to hide as much as not wanting to flaunt.)
She came back in to the bathroom and stood right next to me smiling. She left again and I got dressed, including socks.

I went in to our closet to get a different shirt and she came back in the room, cornered me in the closet, closed the door, and told me that she doesn't want me to be nervous around her any more. She has finally come to peace with this part of me and doesn't want me to hide from her anymore.

She said that she wanted to see my toes and asked what color I had on. I told her and removed my socks. She said that she loved that color.

She then asked me a few more questions about if I had any makeup, clothes, or her stuff.

She then said that she's okay with it if it's just around the house, not in front of the kids, and not going out dressed as a woman.

I then told her that I worshipped the ground that she walks on and that she's the most beautiful woman in the world. (All true)

Oh Happy Day!

Cynthia Anne
12-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Beautiful color and beautiful story! Be sure to place her first in your life for a wonderful togetherness! Hugs!

IamSara
12-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Lisa,
I am so happy for you! I wish my wife would come to that understanding. I hope you enjoy this new relationship with your wife. It will be different and I hope so much better.
It is so nice to read of girls getting some level of approval from their SO's. It gives the rest of us hope tha tone day ours will be as accepting.
Hugs

Tina B.
12-11-2011, 08:58 AM
Very cool! It makes life so much easier when the hiding and feeling like you have to down play what your doing or who you are stops, and you can just get on with life. Congratulations on the breakthrough!
Tina B.

Renee W
12-11-2011, 09:40 AM
She's deserves a nice dinner out and a bunch of flowers. Treasure her, treat her as a queen, she is a special lady.

sissystephanie
12-11-2011, 09:43 AM
I second what Renee said. You have one very great wife, so treasure her!

Stefanie_in_Mt
12-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Great story, be sure she knows how much you love her..

Rachel Flowers
12-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Well done! And well done for sharing, as your experience can give cautious hope to those whose wives are still processing the news.

CINDYO
12-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Hi I just read your post
i am where your wife was a few years ago. I found out in june this year after 27 years of marriage. I am have a difficult time with this. Is your wife a member here? i hope to get where she is but it is sooooo difficult. I was never mad just very very devestated and very very sad. I don't understand, i want my marriage and my husband but it is all soooo completely strange and difficult to learn of. We have 2 sons and they are young single men, they are awesome and i never want them to learn this about their dad, although i truly know that no one in the world would be as adversely affected as i have been, I married him, had children,27 years of marriage, and has absolutely no idea of what he was really feeling inside. I hope i can reach a level of acceptance, he has no gone out dresses yet but within 3 weeks of telling me, he has shaved his chest, pits and legs, had breast forms, clothes, shoes etc. I know he does not realize but this was way tooo much for me and to fast. Oh well i guess we really were never promised a rose garden, I just thought i had one. Thanks Cindy

Barbara Ella
12-11-2011, 12:12 PM
This is a wonderful story and I am so happy for you and your wife. It can take a long time, or it can happen overnight as it did with me. It is one thing to worship the ground, and another to demonstrate the depth of that love on a daily basis. Keep communicating and make her know that her feelings, on a day to day basis are important to you and you will not do anything to make her uncomfortable. The uncertainties that Cindyo is feeling come from a husband, who hopefully loves her very much, just does not communicate what he wants to do to include her in the decision. A wonderful wife like Cindyo only wants her guy to find his happiness, that is what my wife tells me, but cindyo may not feel like she is participating. This is not the best situation to be in, you love someone beyond description, but you cannot be with them as fully as before. Dont let that happen to you.

Beth Mays
12-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Very VERY lucky man!
I would do nothing to foul it up if thare is any way at all you can!

Oh.. does she have a sister?

Acastina
12-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Congratulations to both of you. If acceptance had come easily, you may not appreciate it as much as when it takes an effort on both sides. I hope she knows that your hiding it and denying it was for her benefit and to your emotional detriment. You owe her countless random, unexpected hugs and small gestures to reinforce the primary bond and remind her that she's even more your treasure now than before.

Once she gets used to accepting, don't be surprised if she starts working on your outfits and looks. Listen and learn. The good side of the spousal spectrum begins with tolerance and disappears into a soft pink fog somewhere around participation and sisterhood. Just don't lose sight (either one of you) of why you have a life together in the first place and how hard you have worked to get where you are now. It's a journey, not a destination.

Now, go give her one of those random, unexpected hugs...

Alice B
12-11-2011, 03:21 PM
That's a great story and wonderful wife because she is coming to accept you and your needs. It took about 3 years for my wife to come around to that. Now my toes are painted all the time and my whole body is shaved. She accepts this completely and I do not need to hide anything. A truly geat feeling.