PDA

View Full Version : Charing Cross

Kittie
12-12-2011, 09:38 AM
I need some advice from anyone who has dealt with or is transitioning via Charing Cross in London.

A few months ago I had an appointment with my communities mental health team which resulted in a referral to Charing Cross, after a couple of weeks I went back and was told that funding had been approved for my assessment and I was told Charing Cross would contact me directly regarding an appointment.

I have yet to hear from them about anything at all. I was wondering if it's acceptable for me to call them up and ask about it? Or do they have some kind of gate-keeper syndrome and doing so will make them set me back further along the waiting list? (this is something someone said to me online, it could be fictitious, but I'd rather not risk such a reaction if it turns out to be true).

I'm aware of how specialized this field is and obviously there is waiting involved, but I'm not getting any younger and anxiety to get things going is setting in.
I sometimes feel like I've been forgotten.

Rianna Humble
12-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Hi Lacey. I know Charing Cross can be very slow to react at first. They also generally have a 7 week backlog on heir correspondence, but if you are getting worried, perhaps your GP could contact them for you.

I'm a bit curious why you were not referred to one of the Gender Clinics a bit closer to where you live. I think I saw someone mention one in Manchester and I know there is one in Leeds although that may not be very easy for you to get to.