PDA

View Full Version : heels and stairs

LoriAnn_CD
12-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Hi all,
A while back I posted a question about walking in heels and going down a flight of steps. It has always been a challenge for me to descend a flight of stairs gracefully! The other night I watched the VS fashion show and paid attention to the way the models walked - very fast for one thing. But I noticed that it was a different stride or step. It seemed to come from the hip, lifting the knee high and keeping the ankle straight so that the bottom of the foot stayed level with the floor. I wondered if this would help me with my problem. So I quickly donned a pair of heels 3.5-4" and tried out my new found method.
Before I would not walk down a flight of steps without holding on for dear life!! Now, with just a little practice I can walk down a flight of stairs, fairly gracefully and with little pressure on the handrail! :D I will keep practicing until it gets as perfect as possible.
Love to all
LoriAnn

calebsmithxd
12-12-2011, 11:48 PM
Cool story! It was smart of you to mimic the models.

Elana
12-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Thats great! =) i wish i had stairs in my studio to practice that.hehe.

Niya W
12-13-2011, 12:06 AM
I just turn my feet 40ยบ that way they make more contact with the step.

Marleena
12-13-2011, 12:10 AM
I have a fear of hurting an ankle while dressed with high heels, and medics being called in.lol. I'll look for an elevator or escalator.:)

Miranda-E
12-13-2011, 12:18 AM
I never understood the turning your feet sideways approach. your foot is shorter in heels, just walk up and down stairs normally.

Diane Smith
12-13-2011, 01:13 AM
I have a fear of hurting an ankle while dressed with high heels, and medics being called in.lol. I'll look for an elevator or escalator.:)

Elevators are fine, but getting on and (especially) off an escalator in heels is scary ... to me at least.

- Diane

BillieJoEllen
12-13-2011, 01:17 AM
I'm kind of laughing at Marleena because while out one time at a Gimbel's department store I happened to step on some ice someone had dragged into the store. I was fully dressed and tried to be discreet. I was wearing boots with about a 1 1/2 to 2" heel. When I hit the ice I slipped really bad and said something very loud in my masculine voice. Although my ankle hurt I was able to manage my way back to my car. I kept thinking what if it would have been worse? A lot of people looked at me in the store and I think I heard a snicker or two. That was in the days when I could have been arrested for wearing women's clothes in public.