PDA

View Full Version : Getting my first mani/pedi

missyatl
12-12-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm in the massage chair getting my first ever mani/pedi. My wife is with me getting her nails painted. We're the only ones here. I'm gonna get my nails painted a flesh tone and a purple pink color on my toes. I'm wearing an ankle length light brown skirt and a purple pink striped top.

This is pretty cool!

kara57
12-12-2011, 11:23 AM
I started getting manicures about a year ago and love it. So far only clear polish on my nails. Any recommendations?

EllieOPKS
12-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Enjoy your fun day Missy. I started getting pedi's with my wife about a year ago and I love it. I look forward to every trip. I have arthritis in my hands and she is pushing me to do a mani. Apparently they have heated mittens you put your hands in. It sounds therapeutic. Let me know how that mani turns out. I have realized that these gg's have got it together when it comes to a little pampering :)

sissystephanie
12-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Good for you, Missy! Not only getting a mani/pedi, but also getting done while enfemme!

I am in Alpharetta, Georgia and I get a manicure and a pedicure every 2 weeks. My dear late wife got me started doing that many years ago and I just keep it up. Sometimes I do go to the salon enfemme and sometimes in drab. All the ladies who work there know me, but I always use the same 2! Oh yes, I do my enfemme look a little different. I do not wear any makeup nor do I wear a wig, so I am a man wearing a skirt and top or a dress!! Nobody has ever said anything negative about my clothes. Some of the lady customers compliment me on my outfits!

Kara, why don't you try a pale pink polish on your fingers? I have been doing that for years, and the only comments that I get are how nice my nails look!! Since I am an insurance agent it helps to have nice looking fingers when I am talking to people about insurance and showing them things! Ellie, those heated mittens do feel wonderful!!