PDA

View Full Version : First time wearing a bra outside the house.

Julie1123
12-12-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm not sure if I'll ever go out fully dressed. I think a lot of it depends on how well I might pass. Not even sure if I'll ever explore that fully. Prior to today I've only worn panties and women's socks out. Today I went out in panties, thigh high black stockings, a VS Pink shirt and a bra. I had my regular jeans, sneakers and my winter jacket on over them but it still felt great. Went to the bookstore to sell some CDs and then to the grocery store. I almost giggled when I got home and realized the bra strap had slipped off one shoulder and I hadn't noticed until then. Still need to go to the pharmacy. It's kind of nice to just be able to talk about it here. Thanks for listening. :)

stacycoral
12-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Glad you had fun, everyone must go on their own schedule, to enjoy and feel safe out in the world.

kara57
12-12-2011, 11:26 AM
I pnly wear a brra outwhen i know I will have a jacket on or heavy shirt. I wear wireless because they are less noticeable.

dsmth
12-12-2011, 04:04 PM
I once wore a dress (tucked into pants) with a bra, I think, underneath a big, suficiently bulky, long winter coat while I went to the grocery store. It was the first time that I ever went out dressed... even though nobody else but me knew it!

sissystephanie
12-12-2011, 04:20 PM
I have probably been crossdressing longer than most of you have been alive, since I started in 1938!! When I was 9 years old I had "breasts" that were 36 B's. Our doctor said I should wear a bra in order to avoid having sagging. And yes the breasts were completely natural, I did not do anything to get them to grow. They are now Natural 40 B's as measured by professional bra fitters!! Other than my military time, I have worn a bra every day since I was 9 years old. I am now 79!! Of course, being a crossdresser, I also wear panties almost every day!! Ironically, my sister, who is 2 years older, did not have breasts at a young age and still does not as much as I do!! I do make sure my bra is not visible when out in public, but my breasts are always visible!! They cannot be hidden very well, and I will not bind them down!

Barbra P
12-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Hi Johnny

I’ve never worn a bro out except when I’ve been fully dressed but those excursions have been rather limited. Today I had a session with my Therapist an she asked that I come fully dressed and wearing either a dress or a skirt and top. Last month when I went in for the first time wearing women’s jeans and a top, wig and full makeup was a bit scary, I had to muster a lot of ou.rage to walk into a crowded medical facility, but today was a lot easier.

As for passing, I don’t know that any of us, or at least a very few of us, ever completely pass. I now accept the fact that I won’t always pass but most people are so wrapped up in their own thoughts that they really don’t pay much attention to those around them. I was very self conscience at my last session sitting in the waiting room and thought all eyes were on me but today I felt relaxed and at ease sitting there in a dress.

Going out isn’t so much a case of passing but more a case of confidence, confidence in yourself, confidence that you are following your won desires, and confidence that those that may not approve of you don’t really matter in the long run.

cdtraveler
12-12-2011, 11:29 PM
wore black tights, (no socks), black bra with breast forms to Avenue store last week. have underdressed for years but wearing a bra with forms and then shopping opening for fem clothing was definately a first and quite a rush I must say.

Cynthia Anne
12-12-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed your little trip out! But I must warn you, it's those little things that lead into bigger and better things! Keep having fun! Hugs!

Donniesr
12-13-2011, 12:34 AM
I doubt that few if any of us really "pass". If we did we would be GG's. Don't worry about passing,,just be yourself.
I had a hard time with that myself, I couldn't get up the nerve to go out in public dressed, but then someone I didn't know happened to see me one day (a GG), and said to me,,be whatever you want to be.
I started out going out in the yard for pics, and then last weekend, I had no clean clothes to wear to the laundromat...except my new dress..
YUP I wore my dress to go do laundry..I got a few doubletakes,,but nobody said anything...on the way home, I stopped for beer, and the girl(who knows me) gave me a compliment about how good I looked..
Just be yourself..nevermind all the rest...

BillieJoEllen
12-13-2011, 01:05 AM
I remember very well the first time I ever wore a bra underneath my male clothes. I went to the local grocery store and felt like everyone was watching me. I was wearing a winter jacket over my male clothes but still had that sensation. The more I did it in the future the easier it became for me. Now I'll not only wear my bra and panties out but I'll be wearing women's jeans and tops.

Eryn
12-13-2011, 01:36 AM
I've never felt the need to wear a bra unless I was fully dressed, but I do like to wear unadorned women's jeans (Levi's 505s) in male mode. They fit better, look better, and are more comfortable than my old 501s! You might consider this for your next step.

Julie1123
12-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone! :D

Just a few quick comments.

As for passing and going out fully dressed. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that. It's still a bit all confuzzled in my head right now. I think right now, for me at least, passing means looking feminine. Which right now I don't think I would.

I think I would love being a girl if I was born one but I don't really want to change myself fully into one. I like being a guy as well. Please note, that I don't think anything is wrong with wanting to change sex completely. I can see how that desire could be very compelling, even overwhelming.

When I was just lounging around the house afterwards, I had on the socks, panties, bra, VS shirt and my guy jeans. It was interesting, I almost felt entirely feminine despite the jeans. Made me really want to go out and get a pair of jeans but money is tight and it needs to wait.

Speaking of which, does anyone have experience with shopping in guy mode for women's clothes in a small town? I've had no problem with going to VS but have wondered about trying on women's jeans and such. Things you need to make sure they fit before purchasing.

diannecourtney
12-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Girl, find the rigght size bra for your body shape and wear it with pride. I for one address you in my bra and Rago girdle which is holding up a lusious pair of stockings and two of my favorite red 4" heels. Oh wear them with pride.

RenneB
12-16-2011, 09:24 PM
Aaah it's all one step at a time girl... most of them are baby steps but they all feel like you're ready to fall off a clif don't they?

Renne.....

Tara Bordeaux
12-16-2011, 11:32 PM
but I do like to wear unadorned women's jeans (Levi's 505s) in male mode. They fit better, look better, and are more comfortable than my old 501s! You might consider this for your next step.

Hmm thanks for that tip, I'll have to check them out. I always preferred Levi's as a guy, but the fit was always a bit baggy. Even as a guy I thought so.

k lynn
12-17-2011, 06:08 AM
I wear my bra daily now and have for years I remember When I first started wearing one all the time trying to cover it up so no one would notice but I dont care now have been noticed a few times no big deal I like wearing my bra.

Veronica27
12-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Many moons ago, when I began letting my crossdressing desires be expressed more frequently, I used to do a lot of underdressing with bra, panties and pantyhose when circumstances did not allow for more complete dressing. If there was a chance that someone might show up, I would limit myself to this, or just wear items that could be changed quickly. If my wife wasn't home to run a little interference for me, I would limit myself to underdressing and wear a top that allowed me to quickly do the under the shirt removal trick with the bra. This was all in the days before the internet and before I was aware that there were support groups, or a growing community of crossdressers.

One day, a contractor that I had hired to do some outside work, showed up unexpectedly when my wife was not home. I had on a bra under a light, loose fitting summer shirt, and he caught me by the back door where I couldn't take a few moments to remove the bra, and he proceeded to carry on a long conversation. I became extremely conscious of the bra wrapped around me (fortunately, I was not using forms) as we stood in the yard chatting. Did he notice? Was he prolonging the conversation because he wanted to say something, or have me admit something? Was he himself a crossdresser and anxious to sart a dialogue? These and dozens more questions raced through my mind as the conversation seemed to drag on for hours. I can't remember anything we discussed, except that it had nothing to do with the bra or crossdressing. It was a defining moment for me in my struggle to accept my desires and gain confidence, for which I will always be grateful.

Veronica

Beth Mays
12-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Small steps seems to be the key word here. I have yet to make it past the porch in more than 1 or 2 things.
A wig and makeup is my next step.

Alaceann
12-17-2011, 04:58 PM
October to april I wear a bra & cami under my sweatshirt, but I always have on panties & pantiehose. I feel naked if I don't have on pantiehose. Love my bras in the winter underwire or not.

pinklilly211
12-17-2011, 06:41 PM
HI ALL I just returned from a trip all femed up and it was FAB! I stoped at a burger king drivethrough and was answed Have a nice day MAME!!!! I don't want to stomp on any other persons thread but just had to l;et you know that wearing a bra in public issn't the end of the world
Huggs Lilly

chrissie
12-17-2011, 07:15 PM
I have worn a bra to work (health care) nerve-wracking, but always ensured that my shirt was dark and loose enough so that straps and outline particularly at the back would not show when I was bending or reaching for something and fabric became tighter fit...

Nobody ever said anything but I was never certain that colleagues had not noticed...

Rachel Morley
12-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Hello Johnny,

Well done for wearing your bra outside! I myself always wear a bra, in fact all of my underwear is feminine underwear and I like to feminize my boy self quite a bit so "underdressing" something I always do. I love to wear bras as (to me) they are the single most feminine item of clothing as there is no "male version" like there is with other women's clothes. Here's some tips about how to wear a bra and it not be detected ... at least that's to say no one has ever said a thing to me or let me know that they know what I'm wearing.

1) Pick a bra that is a seamless micro fiber type that also has thin straps and no little buckles in the back or lace edged cups. Pick one that that stretches across your pectoral muscle rather than one that has a shaped cup.

2) Choose a loose fitting, preferably dark colored shirt in cotton.

3) Try not to bend over or round your back too much. There's a slim chance that where the band hooks in the back will show a small bump if you do.

I personally do wear a micro fiber type, but I don't follow my own advice about lace or buckles. Some of my favorite bras, that I wear all the time, have lace cups and buckles showing little bumps on my shoulders. Also, I don't always wear dark colored shirts. I wear what I want to wear and even find that a slightly showing bra strap through my clothes is never actually perceived as a bra strap by anyone. People only see what they want to see, that's to say, as I already mentioned, I've never had any problems.

Julie1123
12-17-2011, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the tips Rachel! Rules are great. Breaking them is sometimes greater. Or as a friend of mine used to say, "I'm good when I'm good but I'm better when I'm bad." :)