PDA

View Full Version : Has anything changed in 30,000 years?

Rachel Flowers
12-12-2011, 03:04 PM
I read somewhere a while ago that research on ancient and current hunter-gatherer societies showed that the women's efforts in gathering nuts berries etc gave more sustenance to the community per effort expended than men's animal hunting expeditions. In fact, the men used more calories hunting than they brought back with them, if I recall. It seems to me the women may have decided to let those testosterone-fuelled jocks go play at hunting to get them out of the village where they'd only fight, cause trouble and upset the children.

Perhaps we like to tell ourselves we're emulating women, we're expressing our inner woman (just to clarify, I'm talking about CDs like me here, not mtf TSs) when actually really we're still just boys playing a game. Ok it's a different game from most boys.

I suspect this would be a controversial conjecture. I myself feel Rachel within me and can see the influence she has had in my life, even before I knew she was there. So I don't know whether I believe it myself. What do you ladies think?

Melissa Jill
12-12-2011, 03:08 PM
All I know is that I remember reading that the men going out hunting for meat were able to store meat for future meals, which allowed society to develop as they didn't need to go hunting all the time.

Rachel Flowers
12-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Ah, now I read it was the plough that did that by allowing production of more food than was needed for the farmers alone!
You read that stone age people stored meat??? Do you remember where, Melissa?

sissystephanie
12-12-2011, 03:58 PM
The stone age people cured the meat and stored it in their caves! The plough came along much later! Read your very ancient history! The men "might" have used more calories hunting, but they certainly brought back a whole lot more than they used!! Having said all that, I will add that none of it has anything to do with crossdressing so why are we discussing it?

LilSissyStevie
12-12-2011, 04:09 PM
That's pretty hard to believe. It doesn't take a lot of calories to stick a spear in a mastodon. Try gathering an equal amount of nutrition in berries while expending the same amount of calories. Also, how does that berry and nut gathering work when there's 2 feet of snow on the ground?

Julia_in_Pa
12-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Most men are idiot's..Give me the gun and I'll go kill something to eat.

Julia

Annaliese2010
12-12-2011, 11:46 PM
I read somewhere a while ago that research on ancient and current hunter-gatherer societies showed that the women's efforts in gathering nuts berries etc gave more sustenance to the community per effort expended than men's animal hunting expeditions. In fact, the men used more calories hunting than they brought back with them, if I recall. It seems to me the women may have decided to let those testosterone-fuelled jocks go play at hunting to get them out of the village where they'd only fight, cause trouble and upset the children.Rrrright...until the saber toothed tiger tries to enter the cave or...when the nearby clan is on the war path trying to wipe out your tribe. LOL.... No disrespect but... what you're suggesting is imo patent nonsense... Lmao... Not to mention the survival advantage of a diet rich in animal protein & how this was possible only by the presence of effective hunters on the 'team' i.e. the increase in overall strength & energy imparted to those who were able to consume such a diet vs that of 'nuts & berries'. Rofl... *rolls eyes..*
:battingeyelashes:

Jilmac
12-12-2011, 11:56 PM
I have never been a hunter, and so far as gathering I gather items from my pantry, which I first gathered from my local grocery store, to cook my dinner. And if crossdressing is a game by comparison to the hunters of 30,000 years ago, then I consider it my favorite game because I'm winning.

Cynthia Anne
12-13-2011, 12:24 AM
I think somebody reads too much!ha,ha! GEESH I'm still working on the title! ''Has anything changed in 30,000 years''! Well I've changed my panties a couple of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donniesr
12-13-2011, 01:04 AM
If you look at the hunters of 30,000 years ago, You will see that both the men and women wore the same clothes...dresses made from animal skins,,,but dresses none the less

BillieJoEllen
12-13-2011, 01:10 AM
I have always felt the need to express my feminine self because of my family and previous home life. I know I would have really liked to stay home with the women but just know I would be out hunting and probably leading the hunting party instead.

GBJoker
12-13-2011, 01:51 AM
Rrrright...until the saber toothed tiger tries to enter the cave or...when the nearby clan is on the war path trying to wipe out your tribe. LOL.... No disrespect but... what you're suggesting is imo patent nonsense... Lmao... Not to mention the survival advantage of a diet rich in animal protein & how this was possible only by the presence of effective hunters on the 'team' i.e. the increase in overall strength & energy imparted to those who were able to consume such a diet vs that of 'nuts & berries'. Rofl... *rolls eyes..*
:battingeyelashes:

Actually, the Hollywood version of sabertooths ripping up human settlements rarely, if ever, happened. We've only found a few sabertooth fossils with spear tips in 'em. And oddly enough, when two clans did come in contact with each other, they rarely fought. That usually only happened when is was clear that there was a different species in the area (such as when Homo-Sapiens migrated north out of Africa into Europe and bumped into Neaderthals). Most clans or tribes tended to immediately start trading when they bumped into each other.

That's pretty hard to believe. It doesn't take a lot of calories to stick a spear in a mastodon. Try gathering an equal amount of nutrition in berries while expending the same amount of calories. Also, how does that berry and nut gathering work when there's 2 feet of snow on the ground?

All evidence thus far points to mastodons having some what thick fur and skin; thus, when one applies physics to the equation, one finds out that it requires a great amount of force to get a spear past the skin of the mastodon. This high level of force requires high levels of calorie intake, especially since the first one or two successful throws may not actually kill the mastodon. Plus... Homo-Sapiens and mastodons almost didn't meet... Most died out by the time homo-sapiens reached where they lived.

BUT!!!, to stay on topic... I don't believe I'm CD'ing or above because I want to get back to my roots, as it sounds from the first post. I do it because it feels more right.

Julogden
12-13-2011, 02:17 AM
All I know is that I remember reading that the men going out hunting for meat were able to store meat for future meals, which allowed society to develop as they didn't need to go hunting all the time.

I've read that it was domesticated animals and agriculture that produced grain that allowed societies in the Old World to develop.

All evidence thus far points to mastodons having some what thick fur and skin; thus, when one applies physics to the equation, one finds out that it requires a great amount of force to get a spear past the skin of the mastodon. This high level of force requires high levels of calorie intake, especially since the first one or two successful throws may not actually kill the mastodon. Plus... Homo-Sapiens and mastodons almost didn't meet... Most died out by the time homo-sapiens reached where they lived.

BUT!!!, to stay on topic... I don't believe I'm CD'ing or above because I want to get back to my roots, as it sounds from the first post. I do it because it feels more right.
There have been Clovis points found in situ among mammoth bones in kill sites, which suggests Clovis point-tipped spears/lances were probably used to kill them. Spear throwers or atlatls use leverage to multiply the force of a thrown spear and could have been used to pierce the mammoth's thick skin more easily, they've been in use for hundreds of thousands of years. But it was still probably a significant task. I would guess that the prospect of huge amounts of meat from a single kill was quite a temptation.

But shouldn't this thread be in the Lounge? Kind of a stretch to put it here. ;)

Carol

GBJoker
12-13-2011, 02:44 AM
There have been Clovis points found in situ among mammoth bones in kill sites, which suggests Clovis point-tipped spears/lances were probably used to kill them. Spear throwers or atlatls use leverage to multiply the force of a thrown spear and could have been used to pierce the mammoth's thick skin more easily, they've been in use for hundreds of thousands of years. But it was still probably a significant task. I would guess that the prospect of huge amounts of meat from a single kill was quite a temptation.

Ah, yes, the Clovis peoples. Still... NA was pretty much settled second last (SA last), so... I dunno, okay.

But shouldn't this thread be in the Lounge? Kind of a stretch to put it here. ;)

But, but, but... It's the historical and anthropological theories on... Wearing panties. Yeah! Ya know?

Gillian Gigs
12-13-2011, 02:42 PM
On a total side note, read, "Guns,Germs'and Steel", by Jared Diamond. It is of interest to how cultures developed and why.

Cheryl T
12-13-2011, 02:51 PM
I think of myself as a hunter-gatherer....
I hunt for bargains and gather all the goodies I can find....lol.

kimdl93
12-13-2011, 02:59 PM
I don't feel this is a game, certainly not a testosterone filled game at least. I do this, at least in part, because this feels right to me - as though I am being myself when I'm dressed. But I also recognize that expressing the feminine side has a fantasty dimension - presenting myself as I wish to be rather than as my birth gender would dictate.

Loni
12-13-2011, 08:09 PM
change in 30,ooo years...yes we have silk panties and cute bras. they did not have them back then. O and the shoes..........

Kelly DeWinter
12-13-2011, 08:25 PM
Has anything changed in 30,000 years ?

Why yes, something has changed in 30000, years, the fur bikini is out of fashion.

Johnnifer
12-14-2011, 01:15 AM
I'd rather not knap a nail file out of flint. :)

As for whether we are just boys playing a game. I do see myself as male. But for me this is an escape from the games of men rather than a mans game. The games of men hurt the girly man, the soft man, the emotional man, the gay man, the man who wants to be pretty, any man they views as less than manly. All my life I wanted out of those games. I just want out of them as a man.

Sadly the two options I see are be a gay man in a gay culture that worships masculinity, try and pass as a woman and live as one, give in to being a strait man, or just give up and die. I am too much of a coward for the last one, and the rest are not being myself.

Annaliese2010
12-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Actually, the Hollywood version of sabertooths ripping up human settlements rarely, if ever, happened. We've only found a few sabertooth fossils with spear tips in 'em. And oddly enough, when two clans did come in contact with each other, they rarely fought. That usually only happened when is was clear that there was a different species in the area (such as when Homo-Sapiens migrated north out of Africa into Europe and bumped into Neaderthals). Most clans or tribes tended to immediately start trading when they bumped into each other. Thanks, thats very interesting. I was using 'sabertooth tiger' as a metaphor for things, animals & events that posed an immediate and dire threat to the tribe. So, my assertion still stands. Also...if current thinking is that Neanderthals and Homo sapiens were natural enemies I guess this trumps previous speculation that the two might have mated & that we may have Neanderthal DNA in our human genome.

docrobbysherry
12-15-2011, 01:23 AM
Proof No 1.
Julia
Men r STILL killing each other for so many reasons other than to eat each other. And, they're STILL the only animal on earth that enjoys doing it and is so good at it!:sad:

Proof No 2. CDs r STILL trying to turn EVERY THREAD into a "pantie thread"!:heehee:

Bootsiegalore
12-15-2011, 02:13 PM

Julia

I thought that was Sarah Palin's LINE! HA! Rachel

Dana7
12-15-2011, 02:31 PM
change in 30,ooo years...yes we have silk panties and cute bras. they did not have them back then. O and the shoes..........

...and don't forget nylons, Loni! :battingeyelashes: