PDA

View Full Version : Done Taking GG's For Granted!

AKADonna
12-12-2011, 03:08 PM
I've been CDing for several years and, this morning, I got to thinking about all that women go thru to look nice in our society. A man who doesn't crossdress will never understand!

Between all of the extra garments they wear, from nylons, panties, bras, camisoles, and slips to heels and girdles to all of the sundry cosmetics they have to buy and learn how to use effectively, most guys just don't get it!

Until I began CDing, I never looked at the cosmetic aisles of drug stores, department stores, Walmarts, etc. If I would have take the time to learn the difference and purposes of moisturizer, foundation, concealers, blush, powder, eyeliner, mascara, shadow, brow pencil, mail polish, remover, cleaners, etc, I would have had a greater appreciation of the females in my life. I was never interested enough to learn about all of the implements like eyelash curlers, emery boards, cuticle pushers, etc., and what they are used for. And I have not even begun to discuss the ritual that the fairer sex goes through to have their hair well styled, clean, in place and smelling correctly!

As I have come through the ranks from a curious beginner CDer to where I am able to barely feel passable going outside the house, I have had to learn most of these things on my own, without benefit of someone to talk to. Oh, I've had the occasional makeup session a MAC and Sephora, but on a day to day basis, I've had to deal with managing dark spots on my complexion or notice and attempt to conceal a new wrinkle or two strictly on my own. I have grazed the cosmetic aisle at the drug store until people think I work there!

From a fashion aspect, I've had to learn about the need for various types and style of shoes to go with a variety of skirts, tops, sweaters, blouses and, of course the broad spectrum of dress possibilities that face a woman! And, jewelry, accessories and fragrances are another whole other matter! Most guys I know simply pull on some underwear, some slacks or jeans, a shirt or sweater and, Wala! They are done and ready to go and are always wondering why it takes his wife so long! We know that simply is never the case for a woman, don't we?

All of this brings me back around to the subject. Most, if not all of us Crossdressers do so because of our need to feel feminine (whether that has physical or hormonal underpinnings or just something mysterious to try). Well, getting that little thrill of wearing some femme garment or applying your lipstick ever so perfectly, the pleasure you get from a perfect wig or getting the excitement that comes with going out and socializing en femme, you have a natural woman to thank for leading you there.

I love feeling feminine and get a real charge out of crossdressing, but, when it comes to their prepping, I will never again take a woman for granted.

sissystephanie
12-12-2011, 04:06 PM
I started crossdressing at age 6 and got married at age 23! Although I had dressed up and gone out before I married, I really was not very good with cosmetics! But my dear late wife, who knew that I was a CD when we married changed that. Since she was a cosmotologist, she did my makeup and fixed my wig. She could make me very passable, and did so many times. she enjoyed me being her man, but she also enjoyed me being her girlfriend!

Julia_in_Pa
12-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Why did you take women for granted to begin with?

Marleena
12-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Oh, you mean for them to look good?

It can be a lot of work for sure, with makeup, shaving prepping, etc. CDers get to find that out too.:) The big difference is they grew up doing what they do. CDers sometimes get a crash course on it if they're serious about how they look. Being an uderdresser for decades I'm now getting a crash course.