PDA

View Full Version : Everything is pretty? WTH?

Marleena
12-13-2011, 09:13 AM
The word pretty was not even in my vocabulary until I accepted my CDing recently. Now I find myself looking for pretty clothes and shoes. I'm trying to look pretty too. On a shopping trip with my wife this weekend I caught myself talking about a pretty outfit she picked out for me. I said to her I can't believe I'm talking like this.lol. She just laughed.

I'm lucky she approves of the CDing she helps me a lot. She notices how much more pleasant my mindset is lately. Embracing my CDing has been the best thing I have done in a long time. My life has changed for the better.

Has accepting brought nice changes for you?

Renee W
12-13-2011, 09:31 AM
I have noticed the same thing and was going to start a thread about it but never did. I wonder how many of us have increased our vocabulary to include more of the feminine terms since we have either joined this site or came out to our SO or someone else.

I find myself using words like pretty, cute, dainty and such much more often in conversations with my wife. I also find that semi-taboo words like bra and panties are spoken more openly.

I see it on the site here a lot. Someone posts a picture and the responses are all in language that you would never catch our male personna using down at the bar hanging out with the guys. This is not a bad thing, it is just us trying to embrace our femme side, being dainty instead of tough and coarse. The bad part of it is that it is just one more thing that we CDers have to balance on a daily basis, choosing our language and thoughht processes to match the current situation.

Marleena
12-13-2011, 10:09 AM
I hear you Renee. This is like a 180 for me, pink and pretty were totally out of my realm of thinking before. Now both are important.

I live as Marleena on this forum, and compliment others as a female would. Now the real world is changing for me too. I'm doing the girlie talk with my SO too. Having more "I can't believe I said that" moments.lol

Rachel Flowers
12-13-2011, 11:34 AM
Absolutely! Mrs F is very pleased that her morose bloke husband who used to stand around in clothes shops looking bored as hell has transformed into a girlfriend with opinions and taste and yes, an altered vocabulary.

It's the same me, but with a hidden bit now freed to express itself.

I still don't use "lol" though. I would rather die.

kimdl93
12-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Over time, accpting has brought a lot of changes. I do feel I'm less prone to the childish temper tantrums I was prone to before. And I think the word "cute" has become a more common part of my daily vocabulary. And I know I'm a good deal more accepting of differences in others than I once was. On balance, I'd say these are good things.

Dana7
12-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Now that's a funny thing. I can totally relate to that. Just the other night I was with my SO shopping in the mall, something which has become more often, BTW. We strolled into the Sephora store and up came the SA. Her eyes makeup was spectacular, and so I had to comment. Now, a guy in the company of his wife or SO would rarely say anything to any other woman about her makeup, much less how pretty it is. But here I was gushing about this girl's eyes. So, I'm describing how nicely the colors teal and orange complemented each other and what a great job she did with her eyeliner, it was so straight. The SA smiled and so did my SO. Then I asked what she uses and she rattled off four eye makeup products of which I was familiar with only one.

I guess that it must be becoming more familiar to these SAs that guys are wearing makeup. She didn't even bat an eye. She just went on as if it were natural for a guy to be asking about eye makeup.

In fact, I did see a guy wearing eyeliner the other night when I went out dancing. His eyes were very clearly outlined in thick black eyeliner and I couldn't tell but maybe he was also wearing mascara, but it was fairly badly smudged. He looked to be in his early 20's. Maybe it's a Goth thing.