PDA

View Full Version : Hrm, sick and the therapist calls.

Asako
12-13-2011, 07:41 PM
As some of you know, I've been on a waiting list to see a gender therapist. Today they called me to set up an appointment for Wed, Thur, or Fri. That's all fine and dandy with the exception that I am SICK with Bronchitis. Being the thoughtful person I am, I mentioned that I am sick and asked if there was a date sometime next week that they could work me in. After all, other than a practitioner of medicine, who wants a potentially infectious patient in their waiting room or seeing their doctors/therapists? I mean shit, I work in the food industry and my doctor BARRED me from working until Saturday. If I can't be around food in my work place while sick, then should I REALLY be at a therapists office? To me, it's a matter of consideration for others.

Anyways, the lady said she'd talk to the therapist after her session to see what times were available next week and that she'd call me back. Their office is closed and I have not gotten a call back. I'm hoping this means they'll call tomorrow.

Pamela Kay
12-13-2011, 09:01 PM
You made the right call. I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone who were sick and should have stayed home out in the middle of a bunch of people, or coworkers. It just spreads the misery around to others.
They'll call back, when I set up my first appointment with a therapist I had to leave a message and it was a couple of day's before she called me back. They are just like a regular doctors office, they work on their schedule and not yours.

Hang in there.

Asako
12-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Hrm. They called in the middle of me napping. Their schedule indeed. ^.^ Dec. 29th, 1PM. That is my appointment date and time.

Pamela Kay
12-14-2011, 06:35 PM
At least you don't have to wait a couple more months.