PDA

View Full Version : For those who go out on a regular basis

Jonianne
12-13-2011, 09:00 PM
How does it feel to be able to go out on a weekly or more often basis. I just spent a day out for the first time in a long time and had an absolutely wonderful time.

Now I want to go out every Sunday! But I know I can't at this time, finances and responsibilities taking their toll.

What made it different for me, this time, was I went by myself to very public, daytime places. Before my Angel always went with me. She is with me in my heart, of course, but I have to face the world alone, now.

What I really experienced on my own, was that I can do it! I can actually go out wearing what I love to wear, being who I am and interact with people who, whether they know or not, still are very friendly and take me for who I am.

So now after that milestone of being out on my own, I really want to go out more! So tell me what it feels like to be able to be yourself on a regular basis.

Kim_Bitzflick
12-13-2011, 09:30 PM
I don't get out as often as I'd like, but I do go out about once a month. I've been doing this for over 3 years. It's interesting, because in the beginning it was all new and I loved it, just like you describe. and then after I had gone to my usual places many times, I wanted to move on to other things. Now going to the movies or trying on clothes in the store (enfemme) is no big deal because I've done it so many times, but going on vacation is still a new experience (I've only done it once). But being treated as the lady I present is ALWAYS a high for me.

I still love going out to my favorite places, but now it's just me being me at these places.

Terri Andrews
12-13-2011, 09:52 PM
I go out about 4 days a week and am always looking for new things to do .
The only problem is that I have found it is very additive and the more I go out the more I want .

Missy Tanya
12-13-2011, 10:40 PM
So far this year I've been out in public 32 times an counting. For me I go in cycles. Can't get enough, to just don't feel like it. Since I do it for my personal pleasure, I want to like going out. If it was a job I mostly wouldn't go. But I was out last Friday night and meet up with a fellow C/Der on Saturday to exchange something they needed. I was in male mode but she should me a new hot spot and I'm dying to get prettied up and do some shopping. Maybe this weekend, or next. Depends on real life and if I feel like dressing up..

It's coming up on my 4th year of getting out of the closet and I'm loving it. The more I push my limits, the more I find out I shouldn't have had any concerns. But there is still many things on my bucket list and I'm working on them.

So yes, the more I do get out, the more I want to. And the better I feel about the next time I step out of my comfort area.

Tanya

Lorileah
12-13-2011, 11:00 PM
I try and go out once a week or every other week at least. I like you had not been out alone before and now I find it very comfortable. The plan was made a long time ago to get out once a month but life got in the way. Now I am trying to do what I can when I can

RenneB
12-13-2011, 11:20 PM
I wouldn't call my list of current outings as being regular but I do try to get out at least 3 or 4 days a week. I have a very narrow window when the stars line up and the SO is at work and the biological replacements are in school that gives me about 6 hours a day free to do what I want... Okay, 4 hours as it takes me 15 minutes to get in the outfit, run upstairs check it out in the mirror, take a photo, check the photo, okay change a piece of the outfit, then hair, nails makeup and I'm out the door.. Opps forgot camera. Back inside to get camera, and found cell phone.. need that too. Maybe I shouldn't be wearing the blonde hair... Okay with the burnette hair, don't seem to forget as much... LOL..

Yes, I feel like a new person in town and have to try everything even though I've been to such and such a place in malemode, it's completely different en fem.. Sneakers don't clack on the floor, but my 4" heels sure do...

Like the other poster said, once you're out, you want more and more of it. At least it's cheaper than sitting at the desk with that darn online shopping site..

Renne.....

jillleanne
12-13-2011, 11:23 PM
It feels like alot of work mostly, other than normal. At first it was beyond thrilling; now it feels normal albeit I much prefer the feelings on my skin, the smell of Chanel, and the overall high I get from being femme. It's a gentle, kind, affectionate and sensitive feeling I suppose also, if that makes any sense.

Cynthia Anne
12-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Unless I'm going to work I never leave home until I'm fully dressed! And I love it! Hugs!

lingerieLiz
12-14-2011, 12:57 AM
I guess I don't go out. I usually wear all women's clothes, but don't usually wear makup and wigs. I do dress like most of the women in that I don't wear dresses or skirts. Have, but now reserve the full boat for special occasions only.

KimberlyJane
12-14-2011, 03:01 AM
I live half the time as Kimberly, the other half as Tim. I started going out en femme only at Halloween some 20 years ago, and it was so natural for me, and I really loved it! I began going out outside of costume parties in 2004, and the more I did, the more I loved it and it increased until it leveled off at about 50% of the time in 2009 or so. I have been out in every country I have visited, even windsurfing in a bikini in the Caribbean! I now go anywhere I feel like, and what I wear depends on my mood. I have gone to the dentist, Dr. appointments, builder stores, straight bars and clubs, and of course shopping at most major department and specialty stores! Once you get past the fear of what others 'MIGHT' think, and just be comfortable with who you are, people see the fine human you are, and treat you as such. Even the rural Russian guys treated me like a lady, and nobody threw rocks at me in Egypt. Once you accept yourself, others will too! I hope you get to dress as you feel, and go wherever you want, whenever you want! Best Wishes!!
Kimberly

Jonianne
12-14-2011, 03:26 AM
......Once you accept yourself, others will too! I hope you get to dress as you feel, and go wherever you want, whenever you want! Best Wishes!!
Kimberly

I really believe that.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I love the feeling of just being normal and interacting with people. Before, I would be quite nervous, just stepping out of the hotel room even with Angel and I would avoid the crowds to make as little contact as possible. This time was very different. I intentionally went to regular places with lots of people and was excited to talk to others. Every time I would go back to the hotel, the staff there would ask me how my day was going and I would tell them my latest mini-adventure and they seemed pleased to listen and ask questions. The same with the restruant and stores and other places I went. After talking with people, I never got the feeling that later they laughed and would say "he's one of those". I got the feeling most of them thought "that was a nice guy and it's neat that he is enjoying himself, being all dressed up".

kimdl93
12-14-2011, 09:21 AM
It feels just as you described: wonderful. Of course, there's nervousness and a tinge of embarrassment sometimes when I catch a judgemental look or comment. But overall, I find going out very rewarding.

Also you commented that you mentioned that other obligations are holding you back somewhat. Are there other times when you can get away - even for a few hours? I know it can get expensive, if you spend your time shopping, so try to find other ways to occupy your time. A stroll in the park, down a busy street or window shopping can be fun too.

Veronica Lodge
12-14-2011, 12:15 PM
I go out a lot on my own. I live in the downtown core of a big city and I really find going out day or night isn't an issue at all. I have never had one single problem except once from some hideous gg's who tried to embarass me. I didn't work. I really consider myself lucky for how easy it has been.

I'm not sure what it's like living in a small city or rural area, but it really seems like you can blend in a large city. It seems that no one makes eye contact and if anyone does notice you, within 5 seconds you're already passed by and forgotten.

Karren H
12-14-2011, 12:49 PM
I hate going out!! Lol.

Cheryl T
12-14-2011, 01:29 PM
For me it feels natural.
I dress most of the time at home and we go out usually 2-3 times a month shopping and such. At first it was a thrill, but now it's just natural as can be.

Sue Too
12-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Hi Jonianne,

I share your feelings about the feminine life, and if I can read between the lines I think we have a common life experience. I was married for a LONG time to an unaccepting wife. After a stroke and several other unfortunate circumstances she ended up in a care home,and ultimately passed on. That was over two years ago, so I have had a lot of time on my hands to live the femme life. I had been out several years prior to her stroke but It was always on a very limited basis. Since I have lived alone dressing en femme is my normal look. I still have a couple of activities that require me to dress in drab but I try to limit them. They just dont make me feel good about myself.

I go out en femme just about every day. At first I was searching for places to go then I just decided that I should live my feminine life just as I did my male life. I now go to almost every place en femme and it feels totally normal. The male outings are the ones that make me feel wierd. As an example I have gone to malls, lumber lards, doctor appointments, concerts, nice restaurants--------you name it.

I would have to admit that I dont feel the rush that I did when I first started going out. I now that am enveloped by a blissfully serene sensation that I am RIGHT. I try to dress to blend in with a slight leaning to a cut above the average lady in public. Whenever I go out, I try to dress so as to be respectful to femininity. I over two years of feminine journeys I have never been challenged and have been treated with the utmost respect. Just this morning I was really hungry so I went to a Village Inn for breakfast. Had a lovely conversation with the waitress.

Thank you for opening this thread. It's nice to find some of the more experienced ladies on thr forum. Good luck on your journey and Merry Christmas.

Susan in Phoenix

carhill2mn
12-14-2011, 04:01 PM
I usually go out several times a week. Each time is enjoyable as I love to wear pretty things, jewelry, makeup etc. and to be treated as a lady.

sissystephanie
12-14-2011, 04:42 PM
When my late wife was still alive, she and I (as Stephanie) went out together a lot. I also went out as Stephanie by myself, with my dear wife always doing my makeup and fixing my wig so that I was passable. She passed away 6 years ago and I had a real debate with myself about going out dressed enfemme. My major problem was that i am not at all good with makeup or even the wig. I finally made the decision to go out dressed as Stephanie, but looking like the man that I am. No wig and no makeup. I have been doing that for 6 years now, and have never heard any kind of negative comment. I do get compliments on my outfits from time to time! Oh yes, I do go everywhere like that! Shopping in Malls, going to the P.O., restaurants, etc. I do underdress when I go to the doctor, but have never gone there wearing a skirt or dress!! I do go out that way almost every day!! I am a man, but I love to wear feminine clothes so I do!

Jonianne
12-15-2011, 07:24 AM
I hate going out!! Lol.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Just like you hate ice hockey! :)

lauraabdl
12-15-2011, 07:43 AM
I quite agree Susan, my lovely wife of 16 years left me last September 2010 an I have lived by my self since.
I dress each and everyday now as Laura and only dress in drab when I have a job to do. I do feel so much more at easy with myself and as you stated I am enjoying being myself as a girl. Have found some new friends and they accept me for who I am Laura. I was married for most of my adult life, some 38 years to four nice woman at first, but one by one they all lkeft because of my other side, most knew before we got together.
Anywho I now do whatever dressed as Laura all the time and don't think a thing about it. I do feel much more at ease with myself and the practise of makeup has gotton to be much easier, I now can do my makeup in 15 minutes and look very presentable.

I still get somewhat of a rush when I apply my perfume, guess that its just a trigger to me that its another wonderful womanly time ahead.