PDA

View Full Version : 7pm in LA and I'm off to the Galleria!

Jenniferathome
12-13-2011, 10:09 PM
Man I feel good. Outfit looks right, I'm getting high on my perfume and no chance of running into anyone I know. It will be a long walk through the hotel, but I'm loving it. I'll post pictures in the next few days.

kellycan27
12-13-2011, 10:14 PM
if you really want some bang for your buck.... visit the Fashion or Garment district downtown LA.

KellyJameson
12-13-2011, 10:16 PM
If it is the Glendale Galleria hope your shoes are comfortable that place is huge. Remember MAC cosemetics, Zone B level 2.

Benita05
12-13-2011, 10:35 PM
I can only imagine what the feeling of relief must be to be able to go out the dressed as you feel most comfortable in. I doubt if I will ever experience that, as I can never imagine shaving off my moustache. (talk about a paradox!)

I under-dress regularly, but recently have exerperience significant time out in 2.5 inch heels under some very well tailored jeans..I may have gotten one stare, but I didn't feel threatened.

Enjoy your time out.

Jenniferathome
12-14-2011, 12:19 AM
9pm and back at hotel. First, I had a great time. The (Torrance) Galleria is quite walkable. I started at Nordstroms, wandered past every known store to a cross dresser and ended in Macy's. There were moments I really forgot that I was dressed. No one screamed, pointed or even did a double take. I got "Mamm'd"several times. That was the good. But, on my way out of Macy's, a twenty-something gal gave me the hard stare from 50 feet. I was either so border-line passable that she really had to study me or she made me instantly and was trying to figure out what the dude was doing (I was looking at handbags). This was only my 5th timeout or so but it is certainly getting easier. I think if my wife were with me (and she has volunteered to do so) it would be really easy and somehow it ink I'd pass more easily. You know, kind of the good looking woman (her) with her ugly friend (me). Overall, a great time.

Cynthia Anne
12-14-2011, 09:02 AM
Hi Jennifer! Glad you had a great time! Next time take the wife and double the fun! Hugs!

Sara Jessica
12-14-2011, 09:07 AM
It's actually the Redondo Galleria and I know it very well as it's one of my go-to malls in SoCal. Actually though, you missed an opportunity. There is a much better mall about 4 miles up Hawthorne Blvd. called Del Amo although there is no Nordstrom there. Food for thought if you will be in town any longer.

kimdl93
12-14-2011, 09:07 AM
I'm sure you are having a great time. It feels so good when everything comes together the way you want.

rachaelsloane
12-14-2011, 10:42 AM
So glad you had a good time out shopping in CA. If you ever get to SF, let me know.

Amanda22
12-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Thanks for writing about your experience shopping, Jennifer. Thanks, too, for checking in with me.

Jenniferathome
12-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Mandy,I've come a long ways since corresponding with you. I owe you much. It's funny, I am so worried about being "read" but as I was walking in the mall, I thought about something my wife said,"The same things that make you a good looking man, also make you a good looking woman, it's just that you have a male facial structure.". Well I can't change that, so all I can do is present a look as best I can. Take are Mandy and keep your head up!

Jenniferathome
12-14-2011, 11:56 AM
If you ever get to SF, let me know.

I will Rachel. I do get to SF on occasion. It'd be nice to go out with someone.