PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Kid

Foxglove
12-14-2011, 12:55 PM
I suppose I was like a lot of kids: at the time I thought I was pretty smart. Later in life I realized that I was about as stupid as they come. Here's a bit of evidence. It is a true story--and you can be sure that nobody, but nobody, has ever heard it before. So this is an exclusive coming your way.

I'd have been 16-17 at the time. One night (I think it was a Friday or Saturday), I was on my own in the house. I don't remember where everyone was, but I think they were away for the weekend. It seems to me I was Home Alone a fair bit in my youth--one thing that gave my CD'ing career a kickstart. On this particular occasion I got an absolutely crazy idea, so of course I immediately acted on it.

My sister (a year older than I) had a wig and a really pretty semi-formal dress that came down to just above the knees. So I did myself up properly: undies, tights, dress, wig and shoes. The only thing I left out was make-up since I wouldn't have known what to do with that. Once I was done, I went out and got in the car for a drive around town.

I don't recall how long I was out. An hour at most, maybe only about a half-hour. I remember being stopped at a red light and noticing a guy in the next lane eyeing me. It was dark, and so it wasn't possible for him to read me. He was just eyeing me the way he would any pretty girl.:battingeyelashes: In any case, I just glanced at him, then quickly turned my eyes back to the road.

I don't recall either where all I went. Mostly just driving around. But I did end up at the back of the church that we went to. There was a big parking lot there with not too much light, so I actually got out of the car and took a little stroll. The place was absolutely deserted, so there was no risk. I don't know why I went there. Maybe it was just my subconscious way of thumbing my nose at God, the church and my religious family. Definitely a charge I'll have to answer on the judgement day.

I didn't know (and still don't) if cross-dressing in public was illegal at the time. This was Texas in the early 70's. So if a cop had stopped me, would I have been arrested? I strongly suspect that I would have been. I can't remember if I took my driver's licence with me, although I think I did. At any rate, later in life I tried to imagine the scene: my dad coming into the police station and there I am dressed like my sister. I don't think I would have needed to worry about the wrath of God any more.

A totally crazy thing to do, of course. Obviously, if you're going to do this sort of thing, you want to know what you're doing. But this was just done on impulse. I don't remember even being particularly excited or scared. I just went out and did it and then luckily made it back home without any hassle.

So there it is. If anyone wants to comment or share stories of their own, I'm all ears.

Best wishes, Annabelle

linda allen
12-14-2011, 01:03 PM
The problem with being in deserted parking lots is, if a police officer happens to drive by and see the car, he or she is likely to investigate, thinking there may be sexual or drug activity going on. In many ways, you're better off in less secluded spots.

BillieJoEllen
12-14-2011, 01:06 PM
I think most of us had moments like that. I remember the first time I went out and bought clothes for myself. I finally got clothes that fit. I went to a deserted place and tried them on. It was great! After undressing and putting my other clothes on I started driving away. All of a sudden a bunch of kids came driving into the place I was at and they all had great big S___ eating grins on their faces. It dawned on me that I had been seen. Fortunately nothing came of it.

Foxglove
12-14-2011, 01:07 PM
The problem with being in deserted parking lots is, if a police officer happens to drive by and see the car, he or she is likely to investigate, thinking there may be sexual or drug activity going on. In many ways, you're better off in less secluded spots.

Yes, well, I have admitted that what I did was not wise. I wasn't thinking about what I was doing.

Debra Russell
12-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Well, I have one very much like that only a little more heart pounding--same circumstances home alone and all! I love trying on my sisters baby doll nighty - I had no wig but put her bra, panties and lip stick on went out got in my souped up 56 chevy and drove around (what was I thinking - hormones and all) well my cousin, who diden't live very far away saw the car and and followed me home; as I pulled into the driveway with him right behind me I pulled the nighty and bra down to my waste as he came up to the window - he wanted to go "cruesing" I said I had been to the store and forgot something had to go back and dident feel very good - it was dark so he couldn't see the lipstick (I think) He looked at me a little sideways said ok and left. Nothing was ever mentioned and I really don't know what his conception of that night was -- it was a little frightening to say the least and years later before I attempted to go out again.......................Debra

DonnaT
12-14-2011, 01:24 PM
I did a number of crazy things as a kid. I think I was addicted to the adrenalin rush :) I don't regret any of them ;)

HannahF6
12-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Yes, I have to agree with Linda, the crazy part is walking in a deserted parking lot. A cop drives by and is immediately suspicious. Had you gone for a walk in the mall you'd have been much less noticeable.

Hannah

Foxglove
12-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Had you gone for a walk in the mall you'd have been much less noticeable.

Hannah

Normally, you'd be right, of course. But I was wearing a very pretty dress, which I think would have stood out. And I wasn't wearing any make-up, so I think anybody who took a look at me would have read me straightaway. I wasn't girly-looking enough to pass without makeup. In any case, I wouldn't have considered going to a place where there were lots of people. I think I was showing a real lack of experience, right?

Cynthia Anne
12-14-2011, 02:10 PM
I think most of us have been there, at least I know I've done some pretty stupid things! In the 70's I dressed quite often and went shopping! Once I was stopped for speeding while dressed when I was a teenager! I was scared ''itless to say the least! However I got away with a warning! The officer was a real gentlemen and could see me shaking in my heels! Hugs!

janet p
12-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Boy did that trip something in my memory! After my dad passed away I had the job of burning(before sherders) old out dated documents. I did this in 55gal drum in the back yard and I decided to do it at night while wearing one of moms dresses,no wig or make-up didn't think about it at the time but our yard backed up to a highway(no fences) and there were three houses around that could see me in the light of the flames. Nothing was ever said so I don't know if anyone saw me,this was back in the 60's when I was 17-18??????

texasm31
12-14-2011, 03:40 PM
I did something similar during my college years. I was home for the weekend and my parents were gone. I didy hair as feminine as possible, makeup, sweater and long skirt, and low heels. I drove to K-Mart and bought some soda and a pack of cigarettes. It was the first time I had ever been in public. I drove to the outer part of the lit and stood outside my car smoking. Someone (male) drove close by and asked if everything was OK, and I said (probably squeaked) I was just having a smoke. When I got home, my garage door would not go up. I sat there for about 15 minutes trying, and praying that none of neighbors would come home or come out and check on the car. Finally, I decided I had no other choice but to break into my own house. And then, on my last try, the remote worked and the door went up.

shayleetv
12-14-2011, 06:18 PM
When I was younger (pre teen) I was was cross dressed a lot by my mom for Cub scout pack meetings because I was the designated one to play the female part in all our skits. When Cubs was over mom stop dressing me even though she knew how much I enjoyed dressing up. So I did it on my own. The summer I turned 12 I grew out of the shoes I was wearing and had nothing that would fit my feet but an old pair of sandals, even at that they were small in length and my heel was hanging over the back of the sandal. Well I got this hair-brained idea to go shopping. If I got dressed and walked two blokes west of my house I would be able to catch the buss in a neighborhood that no one would Know me. I decided to go for an older look than what I really was so I borrowed one of my sisters dresses and a bra(sis is 4 years older) and stuffed the bra with some old nylons. No one was home that afternoon so all I had to do is dress and put on the makeup and one of my wigs form my cub days and take some money to pay for the shoes and I was off to town. Mom and Dad were going out for the night and would be gone by 5:30 in the evening. All I had to do is make sure I got home after that time and I was clear. What a blast shopping for shoes dressed as a girl. Never did that before, shopping as a girl. I bought four pair of shoes including my first pair of heels. What fun to have a male shoe salesman massaging my feet as he put the shoes on me. I thought I looked like I was 15 or 16, but that was in my head. I wondered if I really looked like that? After all I was only 11. When I got home my sister was home with one of her boy fiends. but luck prevailed they were pre occupied with necking on the couch. However my sister heard the back door close and came after me to warn me not to bother them. I closed my door to my bedroom before she saw me. She insisted that I open the door so she could talk to me. All she did when I opened the door was say, "I guess you won't be coming up and bothering us! And hey, you look kind cute."

ArleneRaquel
12-14-2011, 06:22 PM
The craziest thing that I did as a teen was to walk around the neighborhood very late at night, after midnight, totally enfemm, while my parents were asleep.

shayleetv
12-14-2011, 06:34 PM
when I was younger (pre teen) I was was cross dressed a lot by my mom for Cub scout pack meetings because I was the designated one to play the female part in all our skits. When Cubs was over mom stop dressing me even though she knew how much I enjoyed dressing up. So I did it on my own. The summer I turned 12 I grew out of the shoes I was wearing and had nothing that would fit my feet but an old pair of sandals, even at that they were small in length and my heel was hanging over the back of the sandal. Well I got this hair-brained idea to go shopping. If I got dressed and walked two blokes west of my house I would be able to catch the buss in a neighborhood that no one would Know me. I decided to go for an older look than what I really was so I borrowed one of my sisters dresses and a bra(sis is 4 years older) and stuffed the bra with some old nylons. No one was home that afternoon so all I had to do is dress and put on the makeup and one of my wigs form my cub days and take some money to pay for the shoes and I was of to town. Mom and Dad were going out for the night and would be gone by 5:30 in the evening. All I had to do is make sure I got home after that time and I was clear. What a blast shopping for shoes dressed as a girl. Never did that before, shopping as a girl. I bought four pair of shoes including my first pair of heels. What fun to have a male shoe salesman massaging my feet as he put the shoes on me. I thought I looked like I was 15 or 16, but that was in my head. I wondered if I really looked like that? After all I was only 11.

MarcyHunter
12-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Gone cottin choppin.

jillleanne
12-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Finally, now I know the answer to "why". Our parents left us at home far too much as teens! Thank you Annabelle!!

ArleneRaquel
12-14-2011, 07:44 PM
When my parents were away I would dress up in lingerie, mostly what I had purched my self, I wore lipstick also and my mother's spare eyewear.

Foxglove
12-15-2011, 02:44 AM
Finally, now I know the answer to "why". Our parents left us at home far too much as teens! Thank you Annabelle!!

You're welcome, jilleanne. I'm learning a lot from this thread myself. One, that I wasn't the only one who did reckless things. Two, that I'm not as unique as I thought I was. No matter who you are or what you're doing, there's always lots of other people like you. And finally, especially, what I'm getting from this, is how desperately we needed to come out, to be treated the way we wanted to be treated, to be allowed to be girls when we needed to be. I just can't imagine what life would have been like for me if I'd been able to be a girl whenever I wanted to be.

donnalee
12-15-2011, 03:38 AM
I think we all took a lot of foolish risks when we were young. It's always been a puzzle to me how I survived into old age; most of the people I came up with died long ago. I think risk taking is one of the necessities of adolescence, but if you don't learn from your mistakes, you don't survive.

naughty-gina
12-15-2011, 03:49 AM

I think you are on to something there...my parents would go away for a week at a time...plenty of time for me to hop on my dad's motorcycle to take to work and find panties lying around the house.

naughty-gina
12-15-2011, 03:56 AM
I'm glad I beat him but if I was rich enough to not have to work I think it might have been fun to get caught. Could you imagine showing up to jail in your underwear? What a story that would make...

Marcy :daydreaming:

That would be quite a story....At 51, I need to spice things up a bit I think. Tomorrow off to the store to pick up some panties, nighties and sandals....

vikki2020
12-15-2011, 09:20 AM
Pretty sure you will hear very similar stories, especially during our "first" outside experiences. We were young, dumb, and motivated, lol!:battingeyelashes: I would get home from school, and if I had any bit of time before someone got home, I'd change,and take a walk around the neighborhood. In those days, I could be "ready" in 5 minutes!:daydreaming:

Allisa
12-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Well my story is when I was around 21,I lived in a muti-dwelling apartment building,I was just lounging around in my fave skirt,top and flats,hair down and flowing and soft make-up.Some kids were playing in the hallway and becoming quite annoying to the point where I could not take it any more maybe the 2 or 3 beers were kicking in but out the door I flew,yelling in a male voice to" knock it off ",with that other adults were out thier doors looking to see the commotion,and there I was, back in the door I flew,moments later I could hear voices in the hall talking to the police I thought I was going to get a visit from them but nothing happened.Later I realized I was still "Lisa".Nothing was ever said to me by anyone about the incident,I lived there for a long time afterwards.