PDA

View Full Version : Do some CD'ers wish to make the full transition into TS.

JCD568
12-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Thanks again for all of your replies to my previous posts girls! :) Thank you! Anyway, I was also wondering how many of you out there started with CD'ing only to realise later on that you wish to live life as a woman. I don't know much about what distinguishes a CD from a Transgenered person, other than at a very early age ish, a Transgendered person feels like they were in the wrong body and desires to change themselves into a woman, because that is the person that they really are. I, myself have been crossdressing for AGES and as I said in a previous post, I have seriously thought about living life as a woman, because I feel that is truly who I am. I am VERY happy as a CD, but it's curious how my thoughts and desires seemed to have evolved over the years. :)

All the best!

Joanna x x

JCD568
12-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Sorry about the spelling mistake DOM some CD'ers, lol. I meant DO, lol

Karren H
12-15-2011, 01:14 PM
I'd consider switching teams if guys weren't so friggin ugly! Lol. Hard enough to be married to someone pretty and wanting to be pretty at the same time!

UNDERDRESSER
12-15-2011, 01:33 PM
I wonder if sometimes this"need" to transition is because we can't, yet, go out dressed en femme? "Going all out" gives you, an excuse? Not sure my point is clear, but please don't think that i don't understand that some people truly are born in the wrong body.

Joann Smith
12-15-2011, 01:36 PM
I'd consider switching teams if guys weren't so friggin ugly! Lol. Hard enough to be married to someone pretty and wanting to be pretty at the same time!

LOL.... and stinkey

Joann

Sheren Kelly
12-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Wishing and doing are quite different.
I would expect a lot of CD/TV/TG people contemplate transition at one point or another, but unless you can't bear to continue daily life in your assigned gender, it is only a fantasy. If you think you really want to transition, it should be easy to take time away from your daily life and try living in your preferred gender. How you feel after that experiment will give you the direction you need to pursue.

Many of us have evolving identity issues. Seeing a gender experienced therapist should help you determine your path.

Foxglove
12-15-2011, 01:40 PM

Nobody says you have to be hetero once you've switched over. But I agree with your point here.

I've often thought it would be heavenly to be a woman for real. But it's not something I've ever pursued. "The devil you know is better than the devil you don't know", and I know myself pretty well at this point.

JCD568
12-15-2011, 01:46 PM

LOL! I think I would ALSO consider switching teams, myself, if I found a guy who was incredibly nice AND hansome! The perfect husband material! LOL!

Joanna x

Wishing and doing are quite different.
I would expect a lot of CD/TV/TG people contemplate transition at one point or another, but unless you can't bear to continue daily life in your assigned gender, it is only a fantasy. If you think you really want to transition, it should be easy to take time away from your daily life and try living in your preferred gender. How you feel after that experiment will give you the direction you need to pursue.

Many of us have evolving identity issues. Seeing a gender experienced therapist should help you determine your path.

Me too! I assumed that some CD's have contemplated transitioning at one point or another. I think it's a natural thought to have for some. I myself am not really that sure, but I've been living life for a while now AS a woman in as many ways as possible. I'm still closeted and can only do it whenever I get the chance, but I've been doing it so much so, and will continue to do it for a looooooong while yet, just to make sure that my feelings are right. Then, I can make a decicion about a possible transition, if of course I want one in the long term.

KimberlyJane
12-15-2011, 01:58 PM
I live as both male and female, and enjoy both. I would really rather have the ability to switch back and forth! I guess I may not be typical. If it were up to me, I would have a genetic switch, and would toggle between male and female as I desired. There are so many good things about each side!

I would love to have a female body when out as Kimberly! This is why I take a low dose of hormones to give me some softer features, and it would be lovely not to have to wear breast forms, especially when windsurfing in my bikini! The curves of a GG are so soft and desirable! Of course when I am Tim the extra padding would simply not look right when windsurfing in board-shorts only! :) Moobs are not an attractive look on guys..

I am very lucky to be passable as Kimberly, and think I have the best of both worlds, so I would not want to mess anything up with surgery. Dual gender is pretty darn awesome!

JCD568
12-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Nobody says you have to be hetero once you've switched over. But I agree with your point here.

I've often thought it would be heavenly to be a woman for real. But it's not something I've ever pursued. "The devil you know is better than the devil you don't know", and I know myself pretty well at this point.

In my opinion, I don't care what my sexuality is. Say, after every operation has been done on me and I've been taking every hormone that needs to be taken for gender reassignment, I don't mind, myself. :) If I happen to suddenly find men attractive, so be it, I say! :)

Joanna x x

Julia_in_Pa
12-15-2011, 02:00 PM
I have had friends who thought that they were nothing more than a cross dresser enjoying life until something "clicked" within the framework of their inner being and discovered that they were actually TS.

Sadly for all but one of them they were so far along in their life that they had decided to remain as they were.

For many diagnosed transsexual people it becomes a do or die situation despite percieved reasons to not transition.

You transition because you absolutely have to, and God forbid you find yourself in this situation there is nothing standing in your way.

Not your spouse, your children, your job, or your future.

It's better to have a transitioned parent than a dead parent.

Either way it's a crap shoot with possible death as the outcome.

If you find yourself stacking up excuses as to why you can't transition you need to take a serious look at the label you wrap yourself in.

Julia

jsmith9213
12-15-2011, 02:09 PM
well, for me, I'm more comfortably dressed as a woman, at least in lingerie and sometimes a nice dress. I don't have any desire to go the whole makeup route or go out in public. When I AM dressed up though, I feel I'm exploring my feminine side and desire to be treated sexually as a female by a male. I don't have those feelings so much when dressed as a male. I believe that hormones also play a part, so I would expect my desires to change if I were on HRT or something.

LeaP
12-15-2011, 02:18 PM
I have had friends who thought that they were nothing more than a cross dresser enjoying life until something "clicked" within the framework of their inner being and discovered that they were actually TS.

Sadly for all but one of them they were so far along in their life that they had decided to remain as they were.

For many diagnosed transsexual people it becomes a do or die situation despite percieved reasons to not transition.

You transition because you absolutely have to, and God forbid you find yourself in this situation there is nothing standing in your way.

If you find yourself stacking up excuses as to why you can't transition you need to take a serious look at the label you wrap yourself in.

Julia

How do you define transition? I know you are IS, raised as a boy and have socially transitioned. I don't recall whether or not you also regard yourself as transsexual. Trans, yes (of course), but TS? I believe, based on recent posts, that you don't have physical transition plans. Here I'm thinking of a recent comment to the effect that you have and like using your (external) male equipment.

So have you transitioned? If not, what's in your way? Do you regard non-op and pre-op states as transitioned

Lea

Cynthia Anne
12-15-2011, 02:28 PM
I've always wanted to be female! I clearly remember when I was in the first grade and ever sense wishing I was a girl! Hugs!

chelseababy
12-15-2011, 02:36 PM

Julia

Could I ask what you mean by this?? As I do sometimes find myself stacking up reasons :(

Barbra P
12-15-2011, 02:40 PM
. . . I don't know much about what distinguishes a CD from a Transgenered person, other than at a very early age ish, a Transgendered person feels like they were in the wrong body and desires to change themselves into a woman, because that is the person that they really are. I, myself have been crossdressing for AGES . . .
As a cross dresser you are a transgendered individual, a transsexual is a person who feels like they are in the wrong body and wishes to physically change their gender. Transgender is an umbrella term that encompasses several classifications, one of which is cross dressers, another is transsexuals (there are others), but both cross dressers and transsexuals fall under the classification of being transgendered.

Julia_in_Pa
12-15-2011, 02:43 PM
I transitioned to full time living on 12/11/2006.

This is the first and sometimes only step in transitioning.

Since I was raised as male, married as male and was socialized as male me transitioning more than qualifies me as a transitioned female.

All the female biology inside me that labels me as 47 XXY intersexed was obviously with me when I was presenting male but a do or die situation had me transitioning five years ago.

Social transition is what everything else concerning SRS is based upon.

Statistics show that only two out of ten transitioned fulltimeTS/IS women have SRS mostly due to cost.

That's a H%ll of alot of TS/IS women out there that have their "original" equipment.

The definition of transition is living fulltime in your true gender.

Everything else is cosmetic.

As for me no one can remove the fact that I am considered a true hermaphrodite despite keeping and using my "original equipment".

No I have no current plans to remove either my male genitalia but due to health reasons I might have to have a partial hysterectomy.

I pray I don't have to have that because I have based my being female upon the fact that I have mostly developed female reproductive organs I.E partial fallopian tube development and ovaries.

Not to many have inward female biology with functioning male genitalia, I just happen to be one of them.

Social transition to full time is the measuring stick for any TS/IS person.

Both have to transition so that allows me to speak as a trans person, it's because I am.
I trust that clarifies your confusion.

How do you define transition? I know you are IS, raised as a boy and have socially transitioned. I don't recall whether or not you also regard yourself as transsexual. Trans, yes (of course), but TS? I believe, based on recent posts, that you don't have physical transition plans. Here I'm thinking of a recent comment to the effect that you have and like using your (external) male equipment.

So have you transitioned? If not, what's in your way? Do you regard non-op and pre-op states as transitioned

Lea

Barbra P
12-15-2011, 02:46 PM
. . . If you find yourself stacking up excuses as to why you can't transition you need to take a serious look at the label you wrap yourself in.
Can't help but wonder if being 68, not in the best of health, and living on a fixed income of approximately $1100 a month and therefore not able to afford something in the neighborhood of $100,000.00 for HRT and SRT qualifies as "stacking up excuses"?

Julia_in_Pa
12-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Hi Chelsea,

It means that if your making excuses as to why you can't transition you need to re evaluate what you label yourself as.

TS/TG/CD, etc.

IMO a TS person despite "responsibilities" IE family, employment, etc must and does transition because of concequences of not doing so. (suicide, severe depression, anxiety, self abasement, etc.)

If your a TS person it's better to have transitioned and be alive for your family than be either dead or severely compromised resulting in family stress which could lead to eventual divorce even if you didn't transition.

GID is the enemy because it's what simultaneously drives you to live at the same time destroying your life.

If you can be a cross dresser thank your God that you are.

Julia

Could I ask what you mean by this?? As I do sometimes find myself stacking up reasons :(

Excuse...HRT for me even without insurance is 20.00 a month through CVS pharmacies generic program.

TRANSITION MEANS TO TRANSITION TO FULL TIME.

I have no plans for bottom surgery and because of the cost you mentioned 80 % of fulltime TS/IS people do not have surgery.

Also remember in my original post when I said that some friends of mine were too far along in life to successfully transition.

But with you my dear women being on a fixed income most likely means your on SSI.

Simply put on the dress, obtain cheap HRT and enjoy the rest of your days on this earth.

Nothing stops you but you.

Julia

Can't help but wonder if being 68, not in the best of health, and living on a fixed income of approximately $1100 a month and therefore not able to afford something in the neighborhood of $100,000.00 for HRT and SRT qualifies as "stacking up excuses"?

Jenniferathome
12-15-2011, 02:59 PM
No, only transexuals want to transition. Crossdressers just cross dress.

Julia_in_Pa
12-15-2011, 03:02 PM
To boil it down to it's simplest components you are indeed correct.

No, only transexuals want to transition. Crossdressers just cross dress.

LeaP
12-15-2011, 04:21 PM
I transitioned to full time living on 12/11/2006.

This is the first and sometimes only step in transitioning.

Since I was raised as male, married as male and was socialized as male me transitioning more than qualifies me as a transitioned female.

All the female biology inside me that labels me as 47 XXY intersexed was obviously with me when I was presenting male but a do or die situation had me transitioning five years ago.

Social transition is what everything else concerning SRS is based upon.

Statistics show that only two out of ten transitioned fulltimeTS/IS women have SRS mostly due to cost.

That's a H%ll of alot of TS/IS women out there that have their "original" equipment.

The definition of transition is living fulltime in your true gender.

Everything else is cosmetic.

As for me no one can remove the fact that I am considered a true hermaphrodite despite keeping and using my "original equipment".

No I have no current plans to remove either my male genitalia but due to health reasons I might have to have a partial hysterectomy.

I pray I don't have to have that because I have based my being female upon the fact that I have mostly developed female reproductive organs I.E partial fallopian tube development and ovaries.

Not to many have inward female biology with functioning male genitalia, I just happen to be one of them.

Social transition to full time is the measuring stick for any TS/IS person.

Both have to transition so that allows me to speak as a trans person, it's because I am.
I trust that clarifies your confusion.

No confusion, Julia, just looking for clarity. As you know, there are TSs that insist that SRS is the mark of the "true" TS. Your statements were so emphatic that I thought you might have been referring to physical transition. In SOME respects it is easier to socially transition and there are those who ID primarily as crossdressers who live FT. (I don't intend this statement as a trivializing comment regarding social transitioning.)

The transition question depends entirely on one's personal view of what's natural and normal - for themself. One could, for example, theoretically identify as fully female in every respect (psychologically, that is), be physically male, not be dysphoric, regard this condition as a normal variation, and not wish to transition or even ever present as female. Unlikely, but certainly possible. I therefore understand your comment about social transition being a measuring stick, but would still defer to the individual. IS people with conditions as dual and ambiguous as yours sort of make the argument in a special way by clarifying (yes) physical and psychological identity issues. You, for example, find special validation in your female physical characteristics so in a way you are NOT dysphoric because you ARE physically female (at least in part). So, no physical transition, though a social transition. One possible mix of solutions among many.

It's a variation on a common question: if gender variance is normal, then just what does transition mean? Alternatively, and in the more common form, isn't transition therefore cosmetic? You've already answered yes to this regarding physical transition. One (biased, and I don't mean that judgementally) view is that transsexuality is a mistake - a birth defect - and needs correction while other gender identity conditions are simply a natural variation - not a mistake - and needs no correction. You have feet in both camps.

I have no doubt whatsoever that you are trans. The question about whether or not you regard yourself as transSEXUAL was more curiosity because of your particular IS details.

Hope this is clearer.

Lea

Julia_in_Pa
12-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Lea,

Understood.

I am from the camp that dictates that once you have transitioned to full time living you are indeed transitioned.

Surgery is purely cosmetic.

Excellent and well thought out Lea.

Julia

Miranda-E
12-15-2011, 04:29 PM

Julia
pretty much.

Because at some point all those made up reasons don't matter.
all those reasons just become part of the live hell that is living as the wrong gender.

SRS isn't the only transition option and only the financially well off ever actually achieve it.
There are far more non-OP's in the world than the few post-ops that get media attention.

sometimes_miss
12-15-2011, 07:42 PM
I think that had I been assured of being a beautiful girl, I probably would have gone for it when I was young, even though it would have made me a 'gay' female. But I don't think being a homely unattractive woman is much different from being a homely unattractive man. So I'd just stay what I am. At least it's easier to pee (until the prostate becomes a problem, anyway).

Badtranny
12-15-2011, 10:07 PM
But I don't think being a homely unattractive woman is much different from being a homely unattractive man. So I'd just stay what I am.

A TS person would never say this. Being treated like a woman is the goal for MtF trannies in all cases. Some can do it easier than others, but if you don't want to be seen as a woman, and have people relate to you as a woman EVERY day all day, than you are not a transsexual. I don't hate being a guy because of my clothes or body, I just hate people treating me like a guy. If they could see me for who I am, than I wouldn't need to transition.

Lexi, I'm not picking on you, it just looked like a good point to use for an example of why some of us go all the way.

RachelOKC
12-16-2011, 01:46 AM
A TS person would never say this. Being treated like a woman is the goal for MtF trannies in all cases. Some can do it easier than others, but if you don't want to be seen as a woman, and have people relate to you as a woman EVERY day all day, than you are not a transsexual. I don't hate being a guy because of my clothes or body, I just hate people treating me like a guy. If they could see me for who I am, than I wouldn't need to transition.

Lexi, I'm not picking on you, it just looked like a good point to use for an example of why some of us go all the way.

Misty friend, I really like how you put this.

I've never felt like "just a crossdresser" and I never felt sure that I was transsexual. I always felt like a freaky stuck-in-the-middle-somethingoranother. That sucked and I tried for a very long time to repress things, or maintain some sort of balance...never worked. A lot of unhappiness. Going back to being a boy after having been a girl (especially for extended periods) just got harder and harder and harder. No doubt it's played some not-insignificant part in my depression. So it finally became time to change things, a fairly recent development with roots going back a long time. Coulda, woulda, shoulda? Oh well. Can't live in the past, and I really don't want to die in the present.

So I'm slowly coming to terms with my transition by accepting that I'd just be plain old happier as a woman. I logically know it. Emotionally I still know it, even when my depression (endless rumination) tries to sabotage me by making me dwell all on the negatives and causing paralysis. I've done that way too long now. If I could throw a switch to stop being TG and be happy as a man, I would in an instant...but that's just not a possibility. Since I do have some choice (and yes Virginia, there is a choice in the action we take) I choose the path that will most likely bring happiness and peace from within. That's going to be as a woman.

Loni
12-16-2011, 02:14 AM
in a lot of ways i would love to live as a woman. just not sure if having said parts "removed" but as they are now just useless bits hanging around. do to non transgendered related causes.

Delila
12-16-2011, 03:49 AM
I think that had I been assured of being a beautiful girl, I probably would have gone for it when I was young, even though it would have made me a 'gay' female. But I don't think being a homely unattractive woman is much different from being a homely unattractive man. So I'd just stay what I am. At least it's easier to pee (until the prostate becomes a problem, anyway).
I tend to agree with this statement. I have 2 things that prevent me seeking permanent body modifications, one is the fact that my wife married me as a man even though my crossdressing was out well before we were married. The other is that I would make one exceptionally ugly woman no question and being an obvious transexual to me would be worse than a life of hiding what i truly am.

Badtranny
12-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Misty friend, I really like how you put this.

Thanks doll and I'm really happy that you've found your way. It's funny that you and Niya were both chatting with me that afternoon because I felt like you were both in the same boat. I really didn't know you were "just" a CD until you told me, and I was shocked when you did. I've run into Niya a few times and every time I do, I give her a hard time for living in-between. That is a woman and I challenge anyone who meets her to say different. Well, I felt very similar about you because I didn't get the "dude" vibe that comes from most CD's. My only clue that you might not be TS was the clothes. ;-)

Anyhoo, this announcement doesn't surprise me in the least, and I'm proud to know you. Wouldn't it be funny if you finished your transition before Niya? I've already told her if I finish before she does I will tease her mercilessly.

Kristy_K
12-16-2011, 10:02 AM
I never thought I could be a woman because I like girls to much. I was wrong. After 57 years of CDing I finally went out in public on 9-7-12 and transition on 9-15-12. I feel so much better now and have never been happier with my life and who I am now. Not everyone that I know approves of it but a lot people I know says they have never seen me happier and they wonder if I ever quit smiling. I just look at them and say why should I.

jillleanne
12-16-2011, 11:31 PM
LOL.... and stinkey

Joann

and dare I say, hairyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jillleanne
12-16-2011, 11:39 PM

Julia

Very good point. I just posted to another thread saying the same thing basically. When I came out of the closet, it was not by choice but rather, it was necessary. If I was to transition, it would not be by choice but by necessity. What my sexual preference is would be irrelevant. As of yet, I have not reached the wall of necessity to climb.

Niya W
12-18-2011, 12:48 AM
If I had the money and no family issues I'd be full time in minute. It's mostly a money thing right now .

Some times you have to make a hard decision. What good does it doe to transiton and be homeless. Some times we shoulder the burden of family. For me I'm the peace maker in the family. The one that hears it all.
If I had a choose it not to be trans I would not choose it . This me, this is who I am. I don't know how to be any thing else. It's just like when some one once asked me don;t you wish there was a magic pill that would take away your dyslexia . They were shocked when I said no. It gives me different way at looking thing. It's allowed me to see things that others can not. When I first came out I thought being trans would change me. Instead I just found trans folks that are like any one else that I would be friends with. Oh by the way I feel that if you are wanting to transition you probably bit further a long than just a cross dressers.

vivianann
12-18-2011, 05:10 AM

lol, I so agree. I dont know how GG's can love us males, however I am glad they are attracted to us males.

I dont think it is necessary to have SRS to live full time as a woman. I do not want SRS, because I like my genitailia as they are, however I would like to live full time as a woman because I am much more comfortable dressed as a woman.

sarahcsc
12-18-2011, 05:58 AM
Hi there JCD,

Being a doctor training in psychiatry, I have done some research into this topic. A small minority of crossdressers do develop what we call "gender dysphoria" later in life whereby they no longer wish remain a biological male and actually feel distressed NOT being female. There's also a difference between sexuality and sexual orientation.

A person's sexuality is defined by who they want to be and what gender they feel they are despite outer appearances. A person's sexual orientation is defined by who they want to engage with in intimacy.

A transexual typically express female sexuality with varying sexual orientation. Some are homosexual, heterosexual or bisexual. But they also describe a typical feeling of "being a woman stuck in a man's body" and is extremely distressed about it ie. gender dysphoria

What you describe is also common as stated in the studies, which is: As time goes by, some crossdressers will begin to show more female sexuality and they might eventually feel more like a woman than a man, and decide to dress entirely in female clothing. But having said that, they do NOT develop gender dysphoria and are quite happy being biologically male. They may or may not alter sexual preferences, but that is not the question here isn't it? =)

I hope this sheds more light on the topic.

Niya W
12-18-2011, 06:10 AM
Who says you have to like men :)

Jonianne
12-18-2011, 08:35 AM
Certainly there are some who do realize they are female on the inside and have an overwhelming drive to make their bodies match their insides as much as possible and want to live the rest of their lives as female.

The best way I feel to describe the difference between a cd'er who is TG (more than just the cloths) and someone who is TS, is that a cd'er who is transgendered is one that identifies "with" or "alongside" females, while someone who is TS identifies "as" a female. They know they are female on the inside and want others to see them as female.

For me, I simply don't see myself as a female on the inside, even though I would love to be. What really makes me feel good on the inside, is when others who know me as a male, also know, respect and accept me as a male who very much likes to be like females. I especially enjoy sharing emotional stuff, that guys don't usually like to talk about and about girl things with other females. It's so neat when they are open to you, even though you are a guy.

I wish I could be female, but, alas I am not.

mrsklm
12-18-2011, 08:44 AM
I have always wanted to be female as a child i knew i was not mentally a boy but i did not look like a girl . I had no idea how to express that to my mom or dad so i said nothing and suffered in silence.I grew up in the 50's so what could i have said to anyone.

Kaitlyn Michele
12-18-2011, 09:27 AM
A number of cd's will eventually understand themselves as transsexual.. they were always transsexuals and crossdressed as their own way to cope with it.. (like me)

The whole idea of identifying with females vs. being a female is an interesting way to think of it..
identifying with females is something that can drive a person to want to be female..to want to live as female...to be taken for female in social settings...

but it must be said that there is a vast chasm between that and transition....and that transition is totally incomparable to any other thing..
being dressed full time as a woman has NOTHING to do with being a woman full time..

A number of cd's that identify with females talk of themselves as ts, or openly ponder transition (or going full time) as well
....if they had any idea what transition was really like, the pondering would stop pretty fast

Julia_in_Pa
12-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Wow Kaitlyn, You nailed it concerning what transition really is and isn't.

Well done.

Julia

A number of cd's will eventually understand themselves as transsexual.. they were always transsexuals and crossdressed as their own way to cope with it.. (like me)

The whole idea of identifying with females vs. being a female is an interesting way to think of it..
identifying with females is something that can drive a person to want to be female..to want to live as female...to be taken for female in social settings...

but it must be said that there is a vast chasm between that and transition....and that transition is totally incomparable to any other thing..
being dressed full time as a woman has NOTHING to do with being a woman full time..

A number of cd's that identify with females talk of themselves as ts, or openly ponder transition (or going full time) as well
....if they had any idea what transition was really like, the pondering would stop pretty fast

Rianna Humble
12-18-2011, 12:10 PM
I have 2 things that prevent me seeking permanent body modifications
I would make one exceptionally ugly woman no question and being an obvious transexual to me would be worse than a life of hiding what i truly am.

I think that this is a good example of the difference between cross-dressing and the need to transition.

For the longest time, my stock excuse for not transitioning was that "I would make one exceptionally ugly woman". When I finally stopped lying to myself about who I am, I was able to say to my doctor that I would rather live the rest of my days as an ugly woman than spend one more day as a man.

I would guess that a large proportion of identity cross-dressers fantasize about being a woman from time to time, but there are also plenty of threads here from people who went on holiday intending to spend the whole of their time dressed only to find it wearisome or boring.

ReineD
12-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Thanks again for all of your replies to my previous posts girls! :) Thank you! Anyway, I was also wondering how many of you out there started with CD'ing only to realise later on that you wish to live life as a woman. I don't know much about what distinguishes a CD from a Transgenered person, other than at a very early age ish, a Transgendered person feels like they were in the wrong body and desires to change themselves into a woman, because that is the person that they really are. I, myself have been crossdressing for AGES and as I said in a previous post, I have seriously thought about living life as a woman, because I feel that is truly who I am. I am VERY happy as a CD, but it's curious how my thoughts and desires seemed to have evolved over the years. :)

All the best!

Joanna x x

Well, first a CD does fall under the TG umbrella. There's a list of definitions at the top of this section.

Secondly, don't mistake an urge to experience your femininity with transsexuality. A transsexual is deeply unhappy about being male, hates the male gender role, and does not wish to experience male sexuality, to the point of severe depression bordering on suicide. In other words the Gender Identity Dysphoria (GID) is severe, much more than the excitement over the prospect of being out and about dressed. My SO dresses completely a few times per week (it doesn't take her any more time to get ready to go out as it takes me), she goes out on her own or with me, she blends in extremely well and most people who run into her do not know she is male unless they have an extended conversation with her, yet she is not TS. She likes being a guy. And a girl. Both.

If you're happy being a CD, changes are you are not TS. :p

Also, you need to know that everyone who responds to this thread will frame it from their own points of view: from the transsexuals many of whom believe that anyone who questions their gender is transsexual, to other CDs who feel the same excitement as you do and do not know if this means they are TS, to the slew of older CDs who will say they had strong urges to experience being a beautiful woman when they were younger and they also felt it might be fun to live as a woman, but who now are very happy with their ability to switch back and forth.

Everyone is at their own point with this and if you took a poll and require that all 7,000 active members should give you their opinion, you would find the vast majority would say they are not TS. Still if you begin to experience GID, I strongly recommend you speak to a gender therapist.