PDA

View Full Version : How much does the hit and miss bother you?

Genivieve
12-15-2011, 04:27 PM
It definitely ties into the nature of how I dress, but some days everything falls into place. It gives me hope that with the right regimen I can truly look pretty. Then the next day, it all falls apart. The same process I used the day before looks garish, awful ick! I rarely get time to practice and when I do there is a rigid time limit.

We CD'ers have it so much tougher than a GG in that we have no margin for error!

I'll post some pics soon...but for every AHA! moment there are a million nasty ghoulish ones. Oh well time to keep on moving. As always, just venting and happy to know I can complain here. Take care everyone, you're always in my thoughts.

-Gen

RenneB
12-15-2011, 05:19 PM
I hear you Gen. I'll sit for a half hour trying to get the false eyelash to stick and then when I finally get it right, the other one doesn't work out. Sometimes, I use the right technique for concealer,foundation and then I pop a nail and I let out an Aaa Cr*p and my day is getting shot. Then the moods. I may be thinkin of the outfit for tommarrow and have it all in my head ready for the change the next day. When I put it on and take a quick pic, it doesn't look like I thought it would and I have to change again. I'll change two or three times before goin out if I don't like the outfit.

Great thread, thanks.
Renne.....

Karren H
12-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Miss? What's that? Lol. And we have it harder than women? Don't think so... We don't have to do this every single solitary day... Year in and year out. If you miss you just stay home. Women don't have that luxury... Imho.

Genivieve
12-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Well, women still look like women without makeup is all I mean. Like my GF never wears makeup thats all =).

Cynthia Anne
12-15-2011, 06:14 PM
I understand what you're saying! However I think I 'miss more then I 'hit'! I go on anyway! Hugs!

Kaz
12-15-2011, 06:21 PM
For every decent pic I have of me I have a hundred that didn't make it. Yeah I do it the same as yesterdy and today it doesn't work...

Two things going on here!

1. we need to practice more
2. we look exactly the same but our perception has changed dependent on how we are feeling

There are solutions to both, but we need to know which is the issue?

This is why I take pictures. I have loads of good pics when I thought I looked bad and vice versa...

Lorileah
12-15-2011, 06:27 PM
We CD'ers have it so much tougher than a GG in that we have no margin for error!

OY! Apples and oranges. We don't have it tougher, we have it different.

But the hit and miss thing is like why I play golf. There are days when I don't do very well at all but then....that one shot. That is why I keep going back.

Jenniferathome
12-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Gen, you have it right. Practice makes perfect and little practice makes for imperfection. Still, it is fun trying to figure this out.

docrobbysherry
12-15-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm with u on this one, Gen! I ALWAYS think Sherry looks great in the mirror. Because I'm near sited and Sherry doesn't wear glasses or contacts. So, I have to wait for the pics to see what she REALLY looked like! I see then what worked and what didn't. But, I have to wait 2 weeks before I can be Sherry again. And by then, I've FORGOTTEN what looked good and bad!

Sarah Doepner
12-15-2011, 06:58 PM
It's said that Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are times when I convince the person in the mirror that I'm actually quite attractive and with a simple change in lighting I'm looking at a beast. I leave the room anyway knowing that a smile helps and since I can't possibly control everyone else's perception of me, I have to let them know I'm happy regardless of what they see. You do the best you can each time you put on your makeup and dress and then find a way to be happy with what you have accomplished. Your attitude is the one thing that will make the biggest difference in how you view your success.

Diana Bain
12-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Gen, last Saturday night I looked at myself in the mirror at a hotel with my wife waiting for me to go downstairs...I looked like a man with a wig on...looked terrible. Stripped back to my male mode and went downstairs with my wife. Two hours later I came back to the room...tried again and I felt I looked good and downstairs I went. I think sometimes we are like a Lexus commercial..."the relentless pursuit of perfection." GG's are and we wish we were. Diana

Raychel Torn
12-15-2011, 10:42 PM
I never bother my wife about how long it is taking her to put on her make-up any more. She thinks this is one of the greatest things about my coming out as a CD'er. LOL

Miranda09
12-15-2011, 11:53 PM
Actually, I think the misses are what make the hits fall into place and result in an uncontrollable smile and a feeling of giddiness. Also, the misses help me to keep things in perspective and to remind me that this isn't a lifestyle, just a really fun hobby (that can get obsessive!!). :)

April_Ligeia
12-16-2011, 01:08 AM
The 'hit or miss' is annoying, because there are days that my makeup is perfect but my face looks like it got hit by a train. Other days my makeup is not perfect but I am happier with the overall effect. Therefore, I am now trying to do my makeup less perfectly.

Eryn
12-16-2011, 01:59 AM
On a few days I'll get made up, look at myself, and say "Gee, I really did that well!"

Other days I look at myself and say "It's not perfect, but it'll have to do." and go out anyway.

I don't doubt that many GGs have the same feelings about their looks. They just don't agonize about "passing" like we do.

Kathy4ever
12-16-2011, 05:07 AM
Why do you think woman take so long getting ready. They also change what they are wearing several times and take a long time putting on make up. They agonize but maybe for different reasons. Moods change all the time. When we getting it perfect it is hard to copy perfection. Copies are never the same as the original.

SallyS
12-16-2011, 05:51 AM
As one who doesn't really 'glam-up', I keep it simple, just light make-up and casual/smart day wear.

I always saw myself as a man in a dress, so to speak. But finally having the nerve to post some recent pictures of me, dressed in my female clothing, I was pleasantly 'shocked' at the positive response I got from members of this site:)

Of course if I ever posted my first attempts back in the late 80's.....well even I know I look dreadful ;)

I would love to do the sort of glamorous shots that some of the members pull off with great success, but I just don't have such advanced make-up skills...yet!

I think with the advent of digital cameras, we can all take shot, after shot, until we find the odd few photo's that actually look half decent.

Melody1985
12-16-2011, 05:53 AM
My 2 cents:

Bad news first- most of us guys make for ugly women before makeup.. That's just the facts.

The good news is- when we are able to get our makeup right along with everything else, it's not just that we got it right (or hit), we performed somewhat of a miracle when you take into consideration what I stated above.

Thus, the "misses' are inevitable for us all.. Until we master the art so to speak. Because our natural bodies/faces werent built the same as GG's, who in general have a natural beauty.

So in essence, GG's simply enhance their natural beauty with makeup, clothes, accessories, etc. While we have to absolutely create ours with those tools.

kimdl93
12-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Remember GG's have had a life time of trying different styles of makeup and clothes, looking for what is most flattering for them. And its an ongoing process. So, sometimes I try something new and it works - sometimes not. I don't take a lot of pics, so my mistakes generally vanish from memory very quickly!