PDA

View Full Version : Young and the restless? Wait where do I fit?

angpai30
12-17-2011, 01:02 AM
I was talking to my supervisor at work and relaying what did and didn't get done. He asked me to finish something and I told him I couldn't because I had to pick up my kids. He practically fainted because apparently I look like I'm 20, but really 28 and didn't believe I had kids till I showed him y the pictures! I asked a few more people and I got the same response; I don't recall how many people I had to show my kids to for some belief factor. Only one person believed me because shes seen them in person, but still has a hard time with it because I look young.

AllieSF
12-17-2011, 01:09 AM
Kristen, I had to live with that most of my professional career. I always looked younger than I was. I blame and thank my father's good genes, because he always looked younger than he was too. Then, when I was and am older, I now feel younger than I look. Sometimes you just can't win. Or can we?? Now, with my petite build, 5-6, 140 pounds, size 9 shoes, I really look 10-15 years younger when dressed en femme. I guess I made out like a blind bandit!

jillleanne
12-17-2011, 08:23 AM
And soooooooooo, there's a problem here somewhere I fail to see? You want to look older? Not to worry, you will soon enough; be patient. In no time flat you will be looking like Victor Newman or Catherine Chancellor, your choice.

Cynthia Anne
12-17-2011, 08:44 AM
There is no reason to look old before it's time! For most of us it happens way, WAY tooo soon! Hugs!

Karren H
12-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Grow some facial hair!! Lol. In college I grew a mustache so people would stop thinking I was in high school... Of coarse when your dress up.... People still think I'm way younger than 60 especially when I knock them down on the ice rink... When you get old..... looking younger is a plus!!! Loreal Preference helps a lot.

Kaz
12-17-2011, 09:01 AM
Enjoy it while it lasts! It is a pain though and I can appreciate it. When you are young and male, looking older than you are is a definate plus in the workplace. As we get older though we good give a lot to to look young again.

Kaz takes years off me in pictures, but up close my face is a lot more weathered than it looks in the pics!

I recently had a conversation with a 39 year old Managing Director in Germany. I was telling him about my career history and he looked really taken aback and asked how old I was! I lioed and put myself a few years younger than I am, at which he said.. you look a lot younger! Boy did I feel good! And that was in drab mode!