PDA

View Full Version : coming out advice needed

Mandy
12-18-2011, 08:24 AM
A skirt came for me through the post on Friday, instead of the postman putting it in the box outside he posted them through the door.
My SO was on the phone to her parents at the time & one of the dogs interceptered it & started into it:D:o
I have been out to my gf now for nearly 2 yrs but she has not seen me in my full atire:sad:

Yesterday she approached the subject on coming out:doh: now to tell you all the truth this has come quite a shock to me:eek: I feel rather nervous & its worrying me somewhat.

Would I be as well to do this within the comfort of our home or go somewhere such as a hotel room away from here?

I am so mixed up as what to do:doh:

Yvonne York
12-18-2011, 08:33 AM
Mandy, I really hope you are as lucky as me. Talk to your girlfriend, and as she knows already, she is likely to become more supportive. But if she lays boundaries (my wife says no wigs or make up when we are together) respect her wishes.

litlejohn
12-18-2011, 08:45 AM
I think the best would be at home. Talking with her before hand about how involved she wants to be in the transformation. Since she brought it up I would take that as very encouraging.
I recently came out to my SO, and she has been very supportive and understanding. We tried to have a child free night last at her suggestion but it didn't work out. But thats ok, we are continueing this journey together. Communication has been the best.
Enjoy the moment and always remember to tell and show her how much she is appreciated. Too few of us are this lucky.
Best of luck

Renee W
12-18-2011, 10:55 AM
From the way I read it, she knows you CD, but has never seen you dresses, correct? She now feels she is ready to you as Mandy but you are nervous about it, correct? If both of my interpretations are true, then I would try to get her involved in you getting dressed the first time for her. Let her pick the outfit or go shopping together and have her pick out a new one for you. This will give her a chance to pre-invision you before you appear as Mandy. I think it would make for a more pleasant experience than just popping through the door in an outfit that she doesn't like for some reason. She'll be concentrating on the outfit more than you in that case.

Just my opinion on how I would do it if I were you, only you can be the best judge on how to handle the situation.

Mandy
12-18-2011, 11:08 AM
From the way I read it, she knows you CD, but has never seen you dresses, correct? She now feels she is ready to you as Mandy but you are nervous about it, correct?

Hi Renee

Both of your interpritations are correct, Thank you for the possitive reply

Rachel Mari
12-18-2011, 11:41 AM
IMO Renee W's reply is an excellent idea.

To have your SO help pick out the outfit, shop and such would help her feel more involved with you and it sounds like that's what she wants to be.

Rachel

Allisa
12-18-2011, 12:34 PM
I think you should worry more about the dogs "starting into " you, the new "package".With much luck and joy.Bye-Bye.

Lorileah
12-18-2011, 01:23 PM
Going to a hotel sort of makes it seem like you are still ashamed about it. So you choose a neutral location "just in case". But in your case you know that your GF knows, you have your wardrobe handy, you are in your own home if things get uncomfortable it is easy to get out of it and back to daily mode quickly.

If this is a fantasy about meeting" her while dressed, then the hotel at a later date would be a fun get away. But for now, there is no place like home

gabimartini
12-18-2011, 01:26 PM
So, she knows that you dress, but now wants to see you dressed, is that it? I think that pushing it is never good. If you are not ready, don't do it.

Babeba
12-18-2011, 02:33 PM
You can ease into it, if you would like... Has she seen pictures? Have you compared the girl things you like? Looked at shop windows together? That can get you comfortable talking girl things together so it is easier to do dress up things together later. It will also get her to know your style a bit before she sees it so she can picture it mentally and be more prepared.

Jilmac
12-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Well Mandy, it seems to me that your GF wants to see you in full attire and if you feel more comfortable at home, then that's the place to enjoy your coming out party.