PDA

View Full Version : have you noticed?

Allisa
12-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Have you noticed that since (assuming you have)incorporated the femme with the masc, emotions are nearer the surface than usual?,or am I just getting old?And associating with GG's is on a more level playing field?

Josephine
12-18-2011, 02:12 PM
I don't know how old you are, but I know for me that it is a little bit of both. However, I am a lot more emotional (mostly happiness) when dressed as Josephine. As far as GG's. I think it is much easier to understand where they are coming from now.

RitaRich
12-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Yes I have!
"Nearer the surface" is a good way to describe my emotional state since dressing. I find myself often moved to the point of tears, both sad and happy ones. My manly conditioning stops me from letting them flow. I believe that these emotions are real and don't think I'm just trying to be girly. I think it is woman that has always been in me trying to get out. I wish I could stop holding her in every time she wants a good cry.
Rita

KellyJameson
12-18-2011, 02:21 PM
I think for some dressing enfemme gives them a back door into the discovery and experience of the emotions they were forced to ignore and than forgot in childhood. In my opinion emotionally inauthentic people are a danger to themselves and others regardless of what biological sex they are. If your ability to feel was stolen from you than crossdressing offers an opportunity to escape the rigid masculine roles often imposed on men by themselves and others and the rediscovery of who you really are and not just an image that you created to survive in a hostile world.

Being natural in your response to life and not "acting" like you think you are suppose to is the best gift you can ever give yourself. Humanity is literally "insane" with falseness.

AllieSF
12-18-2011, 02:24 PM
I really do not know. I did notice before I ever started dressing about 5 years ago that I would get emotional over things I never did before, like sometimes hearing the Star Spangle banner, or at Christmas time hearing the Little Drummer Boy. I think part of that may be just that, getting older. As we age maybe we start learning how to better stop and smell the flowers and let our personal guard down some and let our inner emotions show through more often, because we are beyond that age where we had to present ourselves as strong and in control. Now with dressing, we can really let those feelings put because it seems like the right thing to do. As I said, these are two theories that could be far from the truth.

Allisa
12-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Thank you that have replied to this post,but maybe I did'nt make my point that I was going for.When I was denying my inner girl there was no grey area,just black and white.My heart was black and icy cold,now it melts at the site of a summers sunset,I'm brought to tears both sad and happy,is this MAN-a-pause?I's not like I just started CDing fully as an expression of my femme self,this is something different.It has been stated by co-workers "something's different Al,what's goin' on?and these are contemporarys of mine in age and background,and they are not very understanding of "gender"issues.Makes for good phyco-therapy huh?

Vanessa5
12-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Since coming out to my wife I feel more balanced. I do suffer from bi-polar but to get that weight off helped alot. Now my feelings are up and I can communicate them better. I can say now I do cry and am willing to let my wife see and comfort me.

Karren H
12-19-2011, 11:21 PM
Nahhh. I'm still the cold heartless biatch I've always been. Maybe more so! Lol.

Cynthia Anne
12-19-2011, 11:23 PM
Oh yeah! No doubt! Take my dress away and I'll give you pain! Put my dress back on me and I'll cry 'cause you are in pain! Hugs!

JennyBeth63
12-20-2011, 08:41 AM
I'm more emotional since I came out, probably because I allow myself to be. There was such an expectation of manliness about emotion when I was growing up that it seemed to control so much of my life. Most people who know me now understand that I can get a bit weepy when I'm watching a film for instance. 'Miracle on 34th Street' did it to me the other day and I'm not ashamed of it either! As for GG's, the ones who are close to me are so very supportive.

sometimes_miss
12-20-2011, 08:53 AM
The loneliness I experience contributes to a sort of long lasting depression; repressing that, leaves me open to other emotional responses that I would normally be able to hold back.....like crying during both happy and sad events or experiences often so simple as a movie or even one of those commercials where a happy couple is celebrating an anniversary or something. Doesn't take much to start the tears flowing, I guess it's also because I work so hard to prevent it from happening when I'm at work.

DanaR
12-20-2011, 10:56 AM
I don't think that I hide my emotions as much anymore.