PDA

View Full Version : Outed! Just a tad....

Tara Bordeaux
12-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Well, this weekend was interesting as I got confronted and completely caught off guard by one of my very good GG friends. We have some common friends in a small local circle of CD's and folks who like to go up to the local "alternative club".

Well one of my first times out and dressed up to this place was last Feb or so, and I've been there dressed about 3 or four times since then. Apparently some in this circle of friends couldn't keep their mouth shut and slowly but surely, word leaked out and spread. It seems that a lot of my local friends now know about my dressing.

My longtime GG friend was at a local bar on Friday night, and she flat out confronted me, told me about "what she heard" from a couple different sources. I just looked right at her and said, "yeah, that was me there, high heels and all. I have a little female part of my personality which I indulge once in a while."

It took her a couple minutes to absorb it, and she said, "well I've known you for a long time, and I'm not going to hold that against you. To each is own." She handled it very cool, and made sure I knew that our friendship was not changing at all. She asked to see a picture, I hesitated at first, but figured she knew, so what harm would it do. She wanted to know what I wore, and my hair color and style.

I showed her a couple of my select photos, she was staring at the phone screen going, OMG--------OMG----That's YOU? smiling all the while, she even told me that I looked beautiful, still not quite believing what she saw. She's like, "that doesn't even look like you. I would have never known if I crossed paths with you."

It's funny because me and her talked about going out to the club together, with me dressed. She said it would be a lot of fun and we're definitely going to go. :heehee:

Anyway, so I'll be dealing with some local fallout from the knowledge, and I know a lot of people know about it and havn't said anything to me yet, sofar nobody's treated me any differently than they did before, I can only hope it stays that way.

kimdl93
12-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Tara, that may be the extent of the fall out. I was outed some years back by my ex. She shared my little secret with co-workers, friends, and my immediate family. Oddly enough, it didn't change anyone's opinion of me - my friends are still my friends and my family supports me. A few asked, but not many. Those that did, basically said the same thing - to each his/her own.

ArleneRaquel
12-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Tara,
I love your story. :)

GeorgiaHall
12-19-2011, 04:09 PM
That is a great story! So happy you are still friends and she wants to go out with you. Have fun!

ArleneRaquel
12-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Its fantastic to have understanding friends, it makes life so much more enjoyable. Best wishes on your journey.

Cynthia Anne
12-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Tara! Young lady! That's a beautiful acceptance story! I'm happy for you! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Tara Bordeaux
12-20-2011, 04:45 PM
Well, the saga continues.

Regarding my last posts about the conversation with my GG friend, last night I decided to "out" myself to a very close and longtime straight GM friend, one of my best "male buddies".
I figured since the word was out and the quiet whispering is without a doubt going on, I figured I'd just pretty much give the the scoop right from the horses mouth and put my cards on the table,
rather than him hearing the rumors and gossip. He was very good with it, quite amused at my photos, didn't know quite what to say.

He told me "You and I go a long way back kid, I can't hold that against you. There may be some others around here who may not take it so well, though.", to which I replied
that I really didn't care, and if somebody doesn't want to be my friend anymore over it, then SO BE IT. I am approaching the age where I want to enjoy my life, do what I want, and
not be so influenced by what others say or think. I really have not much mental space left anymore for those who are close-minded and with very narrow views.

So "out" to a grand total of 3 close friends now, and they are still close friends.

3-0. I hope the score continues in the same direction. Wish me luck.

DanaR
12-20-2011, 04:51 PM
............................ I replied
that I really didn't care, and if somebody doesn't want to be my friend anymore over it, then SO BE IT. I am approaching the age where I want to enjoy my life, do what I want, and
not be so influenced by what others say or think. I really have not much mental space left anymore for those who are close-minded and with very narrow views.

So "out" to a grand total of 3 close friends now, and they are still close friends.

3-0. I hope the score continues in the same direction. Wish me luck.

I like your attitude. That's the way it should be.