MarcyHunter
12-20-2011, 01:06 AM
Gone cottin choppin.

natalie james
12-20-2011, 01:11 AM
i would do this en femme totally!

AllieSF
12-20-2011, 02:01 AM
I think that it is a great idea. I would leave your interest in dressing completely out of it. It is not about you or us. If someone asks, just say that you got caught up in the spirit. Go for it!

Chickhe
12-20-2011, 02:21 AM
Be prepared for media attention... you need to have a reason for doing it.... like, you just wanted to draw attention to the fact that men can also get breast cancer....

josee
12-20-2011, 02:30 AM
I have been thinking for a while that we needed the image and confidence boost of charity exposure. You would benefit the charity, the public image of crossdressing and it also feels good to help others. Like Allie says "go for it!"

Gaby2
12-20-2011, 02:32 AM
Interesting aspects, Marcy.
If your plan materialises at some stage, I am sure everybody would appreciate how sincere you are.

I don't really know myself whether I would "come out fully" for a cause.
I do know that CDing means a lot to me - dressing for a cause would be a very, very strong statement on my behalf. (Does that contradict you, Allie?)

My transgender interest in breast-forms has also heightened my awareness of developments for Post-Op patients. A number of acquaintances have had operations and although I have never needed to speak to them about it (nor has it been appropriate), it does give me certain insights for which I'm grateful.

:rose2:Gaby

Diane Smith
12-20-2011, 03:11 AM
I find it a little remarkable that you're uncomfortable wearing a bit of pink as a guy, but you'd be willing to fully crossdress instead! But more power to ya in any case.

- Diane

Alice C
12-20-2011, 05:56 AM
A group in Atlanta hosts a Cotillion each year. Men must comply with very stict rules ( no body hair at all) and they dress to the nines ! There are pics on Flickr under Atlanta Cotillion, they raise a huge sum of money forAids research and other causes. I've also seen Womanless Pageants held for a chaRitable cause. Some emulations are very good and others are comical. I'd do this if I ever got a chance.

Cynthia Anne
12-20-2011, 09:53 AM
I love to help others! That being said I'm working on a plan for January to help a needy family! The woman of the club for a price will dress me anyway they want! I will stay 'dressed' until after the band and dance is over! I say GO FOR IT! Hugs!

MarcyHunter
12-20-2011, 11:28 PM
Gone cottin choppin.

DanaR
12-21-2011, 12:21 AM
I understand your idea, but there might be some people that misunderstand your intent.

stacycoral
12-21-2011, 12:37 AM
I think that it is a great idea. I would leave your interest in dressing completely out of it. It is not about you or us. If someone asks, just say that you got caught up in the spirit. Go for it!

I understand your idea, but there might be some people that misunderstand your intent.

i agree, but if you get the message out why your doing this specially since you said your mother that she had this to fight in her life, I think people will support you. Good Luck, it is for a great cause. :2c:

SarahLynn
12-21-2011, 12:53 AM
Marcy, only one thing to say here; Get dressed in the outfit you want and if anybody says anything just tell them you are getting into the spirit of the project. I would not mention i was a CD or that i was using this as a way to CD. Let the ones who have no imagination feel foolish for not having the least clue about how to enjoy such a wonderfull cause. Ooh and have the tee shirts made up any way you want.

SarahLynn

Brenn
12-25-2011, 03:02 PM
A few years ago the Australian Red Cross held a fundraiser that had a crossdressing theme. There are a few articles if you google it, but I don't think they do it anymore. Was a great idea though for helping a great charity and promoting crossdressing in a positive light.