PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Tourists

MarcyHunter
12-21-2011, 07:59 AM
Gone cottin choppin.

Renee W
12-21-2011, 08:32 AM
First, to any of our oriental friends, please take my comments that follow lightly, I mean no disrespect.

When I read the first few lines of your post, the first thing that came to my mind were scenes from Godzilla movies or Jurassic Park 2. A bunch of Japanese tourists running from a monster, pointing Nikons over their shoulders taking pictures, yelling and screaming. It's funny how we get programmed by the media to imagine certain things when we are exposed to something in real life.

Karren H
12-21-2011, 08:56 AM
I get "caught" every time I go out! Lol. Passing is so over rated!!

Kathi Lake
12-21-2011, 12:48 PM
The only time I was "caught" by a Japanese tourist was in an elevator in Australia. I was going down to the lobby and the elevator stopped. Three Japanese tourists started laughing, pointing at my legs (I was in shorts) and talking excitedly in what I assume to be Japanese. Now, I was dressed as a guy at the time, and my legs are pretty stick-like, but still . . .

:)

Kathi

Jeannie
12-21-2011, 12:55 PM
The only time I was "caught" by a Japanese tourist was in an elevator in Australia. I was going down to the lobby and the elevator stopped. Three Japanese tourists started laughing, pointing at my legs (I was in shorts) and talking excitedly in what I assume to be Japanese. Now, I was dressed as a guy at the time, and my legs are pretty stick-like, but still . . .

:)

Kathi

Rudeness is universal it seems and when it's done in another language it just seems worst for some reason. That goes both ways by the way. When we do it others from another country it feels the same to them as it does to us.

Marleena
12-21-2011, 01:02 PM
* note to self* Stay away from Japanese tourists while dressed enfemme!:)