PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Conversation

BillieJoEllen
12-21-2011, 02:45 PM
I was at our local Wally -World the other day and saw a skirt that caught my eye. I decided to puchase it.
When I went to the checkout I had other items to pay for also. When the SA picked up the skirt she asked me how I wanted YOUR skirt packaged. She immediately caught what she had said and apologized to me for calling it YOUR skirt. I said something like "Well these days you just don't know do you"? She looked at me, her eyes got about 5 times bigger and she asked,'Then the skirt is for you"? She was very, very flustered. I replied that I never said that the skirt was for me. "Oh, she said, I'm trying not to be judgemental". I was glad to leave and when I did so I happened to turn around and she was pointing me out to two other SA's.

JoyceJ
12-21-2011, 02:48 PM
lol she must have been so confused. You go girl for sticking up for CDs though haha.

RADER
12-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Good for you; I have an open season when SA ask if something fem I am buying is for me.
I usually come back with; "Do you want me to model it for you now"?
That usually turns them red in the face. I use to get nervous about buying fem products in drab,
Now a days, Hay my money is green, and is the coin of the realm. LOL
Rader

kimdl93
12-21-2011, 03:40 PM
I guess its ok either way - you don't owe her an explanation and gave her something to talk about. I'm glad to hear that she's making an effort to not be judgemental. Points for her and Wallmart.

Claire Cook
12-21-2011, 03:55 PM
This should make your next trip to Wally Mart even more interesting!

Cynthia Anne
12-21-2011, 04:09 PM
If she was pointing you out, then she has already judge you and condemned you! But who cares! Wear the skirt with pride! Hugs!

Foxglove
12-21-2011, 05:08 PM
I'd be tempted to say, "If I put it on for you, darling, would you take it off me?" But somehow I don't think I'd find the nerve to say something like that.

DanaR
12-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Isn't shopping fun sometimes? I like situations like that, when they have no idea what happened.

Cheryl T
12-21-2011, 06:13 PM
I would have said..."Of course it's mine, I just paid for it!", and let it go at that.

DanaR
12-21-2011, 06:15 PM
It really doesn't matter what you say. But whatever you do, have fun with it.

suchacutie
12-21-2011, 07:10 PM
You girls have all the fun!!! I've yet to have an SA make anything but positive comments so I haven't been able to do any verbal jousting :)

Maybe eventually!

tina

lingerieLiz
12-21-2011, 08:41 PM
As I was buying two Chantelle bras in drab the SA asked if they were for me infront of another SA. I said, they sure are. She said the brown one would match my eyes. We all 3 had fun joking about it.

DanaR
12-21-2011, 08:47 PM
As I was buying two Chantelle bras in drab the SA asked if they were for me infront of another SA. I said, they sure are. She said the brown one would match my eyes. We all 3 had fun joking about it.
What is cool about this, is that you have a chance to joke around a little and give yourself some confidence as well. You could joke with them of a couple of minutes and then tell them it is for your wife. Whatever you want to do.

sissystephanie
12-21-2011, 09:51 PM
At most of the stores that I buy feminine clothing in, including Walmart, the SA's know that I am buying for myself. They almost always will tell me that the dress or skirt will look good on me because it is my color, or something like that! Doesn't even make any difference if I am in drab or enfemme!! They know that I am a crossdresser and that I spend money!! That is all that counts! And I don't mind the conversations at all.

BLUE ORCHID
12-21-2011, 11:35 PM
Hi Billie Jo, It's fun to play with peoples minds.
Some times a cashier will say " that will look good on you"
and I just say I sure hope so.

Orchid

Vanessa Storrs
12-21-2011, 11:45 PM
I enjoy outing myself to inquisitive sales associates. As one was ringing up a pair of purple panties she said, "I don't think this is your color." I replied, "You may be right but I'm going to wear them anyway."

SANDRA MICHELLE
12-22-2011, 03:55 PM
I have many stories to tell of encounters like this, my reply is always that the item is for me no matter what I am buying. My favorite is shoe shopping when they ask if I got the right size and I say yes I just tried them on and they fit great. Or sometimes I say yes they are I have the same pair in black. I bought a really cute dress at New York and Co once and the cashier said that if it didn't fit my wife she would need the receipt to return it, I said it was for me and I already tried it on. OH, she said, I'm sorry, I said I'm not I just can't wait to wear it to my next night out.

Beverley Sims
12-22-2011, 09:05 PM
I was going to buy a pair of boots today. Calf length tight boots.
She asked if they were for me.
I replied "No of course not, I just want to upgrade my wife. I like what I already have. We are the same size."
In my skinny jeans and fur lined boots. she looked and said. "Those are great we don't have anything like that here."
When I told her that they only cost $40.00 US that's 25 pounds UK she was astounded. Most boots run between $150.00 to $70.00 for good quality.
Most clothing is expensive by comparison to ours. There is a lot of high quality stuff that is cheaper than we can buy and not Chinese knockoffs. Mainly continental stock.
A Marks and Spencer Bra was $23.00 a cheapie, and a similar one could be bought in the states for $12.00 or Ross for about $4.00

donnalee
12-22-2011, 11:40 PM
Oh, just let the poor thing off the hook! The skirt IS yours until you chose to give it or sell it to someone else; why make such a big deal out of it?

PretzelGirl
12-23-2011, 11:01 AM
I don't see anything negative about what she said. She just sounded a little flustered and once that happens, it is hard to recover. I enjoy some back and forth with the SAs as many can be fun and it adds to a sometimes boring job. But we can do it without putting them on the spot. That is, unless they deserve it. :devil:

EllieOPKS
12-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Personally, I think it is totally out of line for an SA to say anything regarding items you purchase. You don't go to them because you are starved for conversation, you just go to pay for your stuff. The self check out concept is a good one. Eliminates the nosy busy body.