PDA

View Full Version : Whats more scary ?

yas159
12-21-2011, 09:02 PM
Whats more scary ? Posting pictures of yourself dressed fully as a woman. Including face shots , for the first time or Meeting someone, dressed as a girl for the first time ever ? All these are goals i have ahead of me :-)

ArleneRaquel
12-21-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm just plain scary.

Lorileah
12-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Meeting definitely. Pictures you can choose but what they see in real life..... :)

ArleneRaquel
12-21-2011, 09:09 PM
Meeting definitely. Pictures you can choose but what they see in real life..... :)

Lorileah is right, I have at least two potential great gf's that were disappointed at our first meetings. :sad:

Cynthia Anne
12-21-2011, 09:15 PM
I don't see anything scary about either one! However I do see the price of a camera a little scary right now! I love to meet people so that is a joy to me! Hugs!

Launa
12-21-2011, 09:16 PM
I've got the same goals to accomplish too. The scariest thing would be is if someone recodnizes a pic of me and then they want to confront me about it!

sissystephanie
12-21-2011, 09:29 PM
If you have the self confidence that you should have, neither one should be scary!:) Of course I have been crossdressing so long that there is nothing scary about it for me!!:heehee: If someone does recognize your picture and confronts you about it, just tell them what you wear is your business and no one elses! Has always worked for me!!

Karren H
12-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Neither one was scary...

Jodi
12-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Neither one was scary for me, but rather ho-hum for each.

Jodi

Leslie Langford
12-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Definitely pictures...once you post them anywhere on the Internet, you lose control over them and they can end up God-knows-where...

Just ask Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Rob Lowe, Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee how much damage control they had to do when their clandestine sex tapes were posted on-line. :eek: :doh:

lingerieLiz
12-21-2011, 10:49 PM
Pictures! With face recognition becoming more accurate every week you never know where you might be tagged.

EmilySeattle
12-21-2011, 11:08 PM
I haven't done either yet, but for me, it would definitely be meeting in person! Yikes! :eek:

Vanessa Storrs
12-21-2011, 11:26 PM
It is far more frightening to be seen in person. I cannot see the look of total disgust when people see my photo on the interner. When I am dressed in public i receive immediate feedback, usually from the villagers chasing me with their torches.

docrobbysherry
12-21-2011, 11:31 PM
No contest! What Lorileah said! Photos have been all about FUN and LEARNING!

Oddly, meeting other CDs dressed has been nothing but a JOY! But, going out among the vanilla public is always a "heart on my mouth" experience!

Johnnifer
12-22-2011, 02:04 AM
posting pictures dressed, the few times i dressed in public i drove to places that were accepting then dressed up to meet them limiting public exposure. Other than the one from a work halloween part i have no pics of my dressed to avoid someone seeing and recognizing me.

DanaR
12-22-2011, 02:13 AM
Meeting in person. Pictures could be of anyone.

Melody1985
12-22-2011, 02:41 AM
Meeting someone is scariest in the moment I think. So in the short term, it could be a nerve killer.
However..

Pictures are scarier in the long term. Because like others have mentioned, you don't have control of where they land... At the same time though, they may never land in the wrong place (unless you're a celebrity) then it will definitely come out..

vivianann
12-22-2011, 02:49 AM
I am out to everyone about my crossdressing so it does not matter any more, I love the freedom I have to be me.

Jolie Deen
12-22-2011, 03:11 AM
Pictures are not a problem you can be selective, and will almost never be found by people you don't want seeing them.

Meeting fully dressed for the first time is both scary and very exciting, you will feel liberated :) It's very natual to feel both feelings; think positive, keep telling your self it is OK and be yourself :)

Good luck yas159 x

NicoleScott
12-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Meeting someone while en femme is scarier, but proportionally more exhilirating.

josee
12-22-2011, 08:40 AM
It depends on whom you are meeting to me. Am I meeting someone who is a fellow crossdresser? Not that scary. Am I walking through the grocery store and meeting someone who knows or recognizes my male self? Very scary, almost surreal.
Posting a picture on here was not that scary once I finally got a decent one. Maybe scary for everyone else who has to look at it...

Sarasometimes
12-22-2011, 08:40 AM
Depends on who the person is. My opinion of cyber space is "It is Forever and Everyone!" Whatever pic you post you should want everyone to see. Co-workers, family, kids teachers... just think about the last time you thought you clearly were searching for one thing and a totally unrelated thing was in you cue.

Tina B.
12-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Meeting someone in person, as far as pictures, if someone see it here and spends enough time to recognize me, we both belong here, if they go to the trouble to use face recognition on the whole INTERNET, and look at everything on there to find me, so be it, I'm not hiding that far in the closet for anybody! Besides, you just look at them and say, are you going to believe your lying eyes, or me, I don't know that person! After all, I read a thread yesterday that explained we're all liars anyway.
Tina B.

linda allen
12-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Whats more scary ? Posting pictures of yourself dressed fully as a woman. Including face shots , for the first time or Meeting someone, dressed as a girl for the first time ever ? All these are goals i have ahead of me :-)

If you post pictures of you including the (recognizable) face, you might as well tell the world you're a crossdresser. You can never "unring the bell", so to speak. That said, I've posted a couple of me wearing sunglasses.

Meeting people - that is scary the first time and probably still scary for a long while. What if they want to talk? How does your voice sound? What will you talk about? I'm not real experienced with this. I've only been out less than a dozen times and I try to stay away from situations where I might have to say more than "hello" or "good morning".

Cheryl T
12-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Meeting for sure. When I attended my first Tri-Ess meeting it was interesting that I could walk up to the clerk at the hotel and ask what room the meeting was in, but when I entered the room the panic set in. And here I was in a roomfull of girls just like me! Go figure.
Now it's all second nature...and I don't really care when someone looks at me in public. This is me and I'm not leaving...so get used to it!!!

Elana
12-22-2011, 11:24 AM
I think for me meeting a person for the 1st time. There always that uncertainty but then all the girls ive met so far have been super supporting and nice that after a few minutes that uncertainty is replaced my a sense of connection and friendliness.

kimdl93
12-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Its hard for me to put these on a scale from 1-10...so I guess its about the same. I'd put meeting people I know higher on the 10 point scale than interacting with strangers.

Barbara Ella
12-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Either of these can be very scary when you are doing them before you are ready/accepting. When you look at Karren's smile you can see why she was ready (being a hockey player, she can always beat the crap out of someone she meets but doesn't like). At this point in my development I would lose all bodily functions if forced to meet anyone while en femme, as I havent met myself yet, but working on it. I have taken incomplete pictures, and am just beginning to feel comfortable with seeing myself, incomplete as I am. I hope to post pictures after the holidays with my first skirt coming tomorrow, so while I am nervous, I could do this.

Key is to progresss and do what you feel works at the moment, then the scaryness becomes secondary to the good feeling of doing what you are supposed to do.

Babes

Johnnifer
12-22-2011, 12:29 PM
The few times I met someone in public dressed it was always at a gay club or TG support group. most of the places had a place to dress, those who don't I had to change in my car in a dark abandoned parking lot or side road. The scary thing this is how no matter how dark and abandoned the place I park seems, someone will ALWAYS walk by. Not sure why, but it seems parking someplace secret and alone just draws in people. But it is the only way to possibly not be found as a freak by more.

AllieSF
12-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Meeting someone for the first time for me has always been easy, since I trust my gut feeling from emails, chats and phone calls. Posting pics took me a long time here because of the openness of the internet and who knows where your pic may show up.

Niya W
12-22-2011, 02:37 PM
It helps to meet new folks in a group setting. I first met Allie before I realized she was on this board. That was in a group setting , I think it was a play .

BobbieCrescent
12-22-2011, 09:48 PM
Both. They're both more scary. I know i shouldn't be, but i'm pretty afraid of letting *anyone* into this part of my life. It took a lot just to be able to dress infront of my roommate.

ArleneRaquel
12-22-2011, 10:25 PM
It must be posting pice for me, even though, in an earlier post, I listed that it was more scary meeting someone in person. What was I thinking when I posted that reply ? Ive met scores of Cd's, men, ladies while being Arlene, while I have ( 3 ) pictures of me enfemme at only at one site. By saying what I just said I dont mean to imply that I don't still get butterflies when I'm about to meet a new person.

kelly1818
12-22-2011, 10:59 PM
I think for me, it's definitely meeting people dressed. I've met two or three people offline while dressed, and everytime I get butterflies in my stomach and my heart almost leaps into my throat. Posting pics doesn't bother me that much...I reason it that if I'm posting pics and someone is looking at them, then that someone has no business giving me crap about my lifestyle if they apparently have enough time and/or desire to seek out such posts.

AllieSF
12-23-2011, 04:55 AM
Actually Niyah, I met you at the now defunct Santa Clara Lesbian bar, The Savoy, I think it was called. I knew you from your posts here. Thank God for that pre-warning. Then we met again, maybe there and then the play. Life is wonderful when you ignore the bad and celebrate the good.

Niya W
12-23-2011, 05:30 AM
Bah time flies and it all blurs together. It all depends on your confidence level. I never had issues with meeting folks.

Clueless
12-23-2011, 06:14 AM
Pics, for me would not at all be worth the possible trouble they could cause down the road. For sure, FRS will become widespread & possibly hurt many people or loved ones who have their pics posted online in the past. Digital profiles (driver license photos) from government ID databases will be sold to companies to match unknown pics, for a fee of course. Another thing is what possible "secret" info. packets that may be buried inside digital images? Carnivore has been around almost as long as Al Gore's internet has been mainstream. IIRC a guy (bank robber, kidnapper, don't remember) got busted due to a hidden ID image that was printed into a map he made from his home computer & printer. Society often swings like a pendulum. In some parts of the world during ancient times, homosexuality was tolerated much more than it is in these modern "enlightened" times of today. What if it swings far far to the right? Think of 1984 or V for Vendetta. Picture banks of NSA supercomputers searching old, but archived web posts for "subversives" to ID:sad:

Meeting someone while dressed should not be a big deal, as you can control the: time, place, person & duration of the meeting. You could check out a small quiet not busy restaurant, coffee shop, etc in male mode. If there was only a few non threatening looking employees, you could take your women's clothes & dress up in the bathroom. You could "meet" the someone at the counter, order food or whatever & change back while the order is getting made. Just don't get caught on camera:)

charlie
12-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Pictures are scary only because they can be around forever and be passed to people that you don't want to see them. Meeting people is scary because you worry about your voice, smell, posture and most of all...outfit. Questions like "do I pass", "do I look right", "is my makeup OK", "do I look like a man in a dress", all come to mind. I always wondered why my wifewould stand in front of her closet and look and look to chose an outfit. I find myself doing it now! Meeting new people is an adventure...yeah, scary!

wishing2bali
12-23-2011, 07:58 PM
For me I'd have to say meeting in person is more scary, as I've posted pics with minimal reluctancy. I will be dressed out in public for the first time in about a month to meet an old friend who happens to be a GG, and who has never met my fem side, so my nerves are at full tilt right now. At the same time I find myself feeling just as excited by finally doing this. We will see what happens in a month, if I actually decide to go through with it.

JohnH
12-23-2011, 08:17 PM
On a nice pleasant October Saturday I was sitting outside wearing a floral maxi-dress drinking a lot of wine. Then I foolishly decided to put my wallet in a purse and go for a walk. Bad move.

I managed to be busted for public intoxication and I was carted off to jail by two female officers. Yes, I did survive. I had to spend overnight in the county jail in the men's section wearing an orange jumpsuit. What was most embarrassing was when I was bailed out, I had to put on my street clothes, which were the dress, the purse, and women's sandals. I had to walk past visitors and across the street to the bail bondsman's office. My wife said she would come get me "after I put my pants on".

So don't worry about appearing publicly. I had a baptism by fire and I survived. At the trial nothing was mentioned at all with my unconventional choice of clothing. I got a $100 fine, less than what one would get for a speeding ticket!

Johanna

carnut62
12-23-2011, 09:23 PM
I see myself in the mirror all the time and can't take a decent picture. I would have to say meeting someone.

Annaliese2010
12-23-2011, 10:51 PM
Oh definitely meeting someone new for the 1st time. Never know where that will go. Just friends or something much much more, if theres mutual traction.

stacycoral
12-23-2011, 11:15 PM

Meeting someone while en femme is scarier,

I really think this would be scary

Pictures are not a problem you can be selective, and will almost never be found by people you don't want seeing them.

If your not a CD, can't understand why you would be here looking around in the first place, because the person would have to tell where they seen the picture, and would be asked why were you there?

angpai30
12-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Talking to someone for the first time while en femme is scary and a rush. I almost fainted my first time and I was shaking from head to toe. I have talked to many people since then anna it is still a rush, but I don't shake from head to toe anymore. We decidE what is scary in life and what isnt. The only way to overcome any fear is to do what you fear. Only then will you truly know the end result. The very famous phrase"just do it".

Tasha McIntyre
12-24-2011, 02:43 AM
Whats more scary ? Posting pictures of yourself dressed fully as a woman.

Hi Yas, I've done both several times and both were terrifying at first, but I was more nervous meeting others whilst dressed. The positive is that nothing remotely bad has ever eventuated.

Tash :)

Beth Mays
12-24-2011, 08:33 AM
not made it that far... yet